1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

There is no way in the world that McHale is not our coach next year. The only way McHale isn't the coach, is if he decides he just doesn't want to coach anymore. McHale will be the coach. Sampson is a leading candidate for a couple of head coaching jobs, so he will probably be gone. TRob may be gone, and Brooks I would think is definitely gone. But, McHale isn't going anywhere, so all the haters gonna be mad I guess.

2. wendzall

wendzall Member

the only defense i can think for mchale is that the nba is fixed to maximize profit and as an "insider" he was delegated to throw the game. let's remember mchale is from the era of "bird and magic" when the nba was reborn into profitability!

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You have the intelligence of a fire hydrant

4. wendzall

wendzall Member

i should get some points for creativity of conspiracy theories!

anyway, i may be as smart as a fire hydrant, but a having hydrant nearby is not a stupid idea. especially if you're not renting and own your house.

5. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

6. loox

loox Member

Mark my words. If Rockets has a different coach next year who can actually implement some set plays, balance Harden's defense and offense better, and allow Lin more PnR opportunities, you will be really surprised by the Rockets.

This team has TALENTS, it truly does; and it has hearts, which can develop into really great chemistry. Just imagine the alley-oops from Lin to Parsons, Smith and Robinson, beautiful cuts by Harden and Parsons, nice post-ups by Asik and D-Mo, deadly 3ps by Harden, Delfino and Garcia ... Only if we have a competent coach!

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

McHale going to be around for awhile.

How do you feel about what Coach McHale has done this year?

[–]dmorey 18 points 26 minutes ago

Taking the 6th youngest and least experienced team ever to the playoffs in the tough western conference when we were picked by multiple publications to finish last? I would say Coach McHale has done a great job.

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Tbh Morey's not going to say anything bad about McHale publicly. But yeah I agree I think McHale is back next year. I just hope we get an assistant coach who focuses on defense cause I have no idea what Sampson does in practices.

9. peter2012

peter2012 Member

We have seen harden hold the ball for 20 seconds for so many times, you talked about sticky ball after almost every game we lost. Why does this keep happening? Is that your gameplan for ISO? Or harden does not listen to you? It is players' fault everytime. right? :mad:

10. Smallball_Ownz

With McHale 45 win season- sweep 1st round
    Without McHale- 55 win season, at least western semis
    McHale is the CotY yaaaayyy

11. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Deleted

#3791 RioFan, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  12. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Found above video on Web. Credit to jp2123.

13. pacmania

pacmania Member

The Celtics fraternity on spin zone overdrive. Its time to wag the dog.

14. pacmania

pacmania Member

This is another thing about Mchale: he acts like it wasn't the play he called to deflect blame to James Harden.

It came out of a timeout, the presumption is it was the play called by the coach.

15. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

What kills me is that the mainstream media (espn) talks about him being worthy of the COY award on the strength of the team record. The Rockets did great this year but IMHO, it wasn't because of the coaching.

16. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

McFail gonna stay. At least until after next year.

I thought his contract expires around 2015? Les is not the owner who like throw money away, especially Rox seems achieve the goal this year.

He is an average coach, not the best, nor he is the worst. I am ok for him hanging around only because there is just not many good coaches available in the market. Phil Jackson is a championship coach but I don't see him coming to Houston.

But I am firmly believe, when the fans' expectation go higher and higher, they will soon find out McFail is not up to the task, he is not the guy can take you to the promise land.

17. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

You might be the dumbest ****ing person on CF

18. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

Everyone on here I feel is dumb as ****.... You really think the play called was for Harden to hang out on the top of the key the whole time and fire up a terrible shot/drive? Have you realized during the flow of the game at the end of the shot clock Harden keeps the ball or takes a terrible shot with 3 seconds left? And then he passes it to a person who has to force a shot? Back in the day when McHale played players would fake a cut to the basket so the passer would get a turnover... Look it up. McHale is not drawing up "ISOs" for Harden. If that was what he was about there would be no reason to call a timeout

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

Not sure if serious... But I've seen a few of your other posts, so I'm going to side with serious, but an NBA noob.

20. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

So why not sit the guy that breaks the play?