1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why is this clown still here?

He was a big part of the failure.

Sat on the bench like a clueless dumb**** as **** unfolded.

Clean the house and start over.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

look at the minutes played already without them here.

3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Unless he runs a totally diff system than McHale, and it's effective......no thanks.

4. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Have not won a single game since he was promoted to coach.

Dickerstaff sucks so bad.

He is the reason Dekker needs back surgery.

Needs to go right now.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I'm not convinced Moreyball and a "system" are incompatible, I think even a motion offense like Adelman, modern Spurs, etc would work with it.

But the players need to have more structure than just 'jack up threes and run into defenders in the paint.'

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is why Bickerstaff is the best option. You have to have a coach who’s defensive minded but willing to play Moreyball. Tough find</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/667024030378147842">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woj: &quot;GMs around the league, including in Houston, believed it was just a matter of time until Bickerstaff was a successful head coach.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/667021038547398657">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Word is JB Bickerstaff will get a legitimate chance to keep the Rockets job beyond this season, but results will power the decision.</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/667010423317774336">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Five star thread

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bernie Bickerstaff took over Dwight and the Lakers after 5 games in 2012. His son, J.B., takes over Dwight and the Rockets after 11 games.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/667004905043992577">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he hasnt even gotten a chance to coach one game but i agree, FIRE BICKERSTAFF! AND FREE DONUTS AND CHEESEBURGERS! WHERE THEY AT?

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lol clutchfans... Guys hasn't coached a game yet and already a fire thread.

That being said I seriously doubt that Morey and co really are thinking he's the answer long term, and I doubt they aren't in the process of communicating to the likes of Thibs, etc about interviewing long term.

But the Rockets have a game to win TONIGHT and Morey knows that it's gonna take time to put in place a long term solution and that might have to wait till this Summer to be done appropriately. The best chance at a short term turnaround is a shock in the a$& to the players by firing the head coach and keeping the process of the next few games preparation in place.

You are delusional if you think Thibs or whoever can just get off his couch, hop on a plane, jump in the huddle and win a game tonight. But I know the answer to that query already about you guys being delusional lol.

If I had to bet, I'd say JB will not be the Coach in July of 2016. Right this second they would be stupid NOT to have him on the bench coaching for bit until a long term solution is put in place properly.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm reminded back to the infamous video of mchale and bickerstaff chatting on the sidelines during the portland series...

"we got nothin"

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

More like by 2 oclock at this rate lol

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My guess is that Bickerstaff has a while. Maybe until even the next time we play the Warriors. He has to completely turn the team around and make them look like an elite team. He does that then you can't fire a guy for that.

I think he'll be the coach for the rest of the season. The alternative is bringing in an entirely new coaching staff.

14. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Already have 3 guys playing top 10 minutes per game

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Let him lose some games as well and he will be gone. I definitely agreed that he's apart of the problem not solution.

16. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Thibs is the exception. The guy literally has no life outside of basketball. Part of the reason tension built up in CHI. He probably has watched every rockets game this year and has a scouting report on all the players.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I would give him 2 games to prove himself.
    Then fire his ass if he doesn't deliver.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

JB will deliver!!!

us a new head coach.

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

SAME SYSTEM = SAME RESULTS

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

He's a fill in until we get Battier to sign a contract.

No worries guys.