1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Evan Mobley as a Cleveland Cavaliers thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 29, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This drives me nuts......who cares what Mobley's dad wanted? If Mobley was the pick a good GM picks him anyway, this looks like just blame KPJ for everything - when the reality is it is the org's fault 100%.

Good management doesn't consider what a players overbearing parents think or say.

DD

Jontro and Plowman like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Anyone remember how Steve Francis became a Rocket?

Invisible Fan and Dredd like this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spot on.

4. Dredd

Dredd Member

Though Steve Francis had no intentions of playing for the Vancouver Grizzlies after being selected second overall in the 1999 NBA Draft, the guard still tried his best to reconsider. However, upon landing at the Vancouver International Airport, Francis and his group were mistaken for a rap group. This was the event that convinced Francis never to don the Grizzlies jersey.

’Excuse me,’ she said, motioning to his companions, ‘is that a rap group?’

Fried repeated the question to the two Francis brothers and Nate Peake. Francis didn't want to be there. Fried called Jackson when he returned to Washington: "’ Stu, we have to work this out.’"

Jontro likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

He got mad pumped by Bill Simmons.

People keep trashing Green but I take Green all day everyday over Mobley.

xaos likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

It'll be funny when Cavs pay him his max extension lol

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone made the right pick in the end. If Stone picked Mobley everybody would be calling him a bust who can't shoot.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Soneca

Soneca Member

The thing as I see is it: the two clear prizes from the previous drafts, arguably since Luka and Zion-Ja, are Wembanyama and Holmgren. Mobley does not belong in this conversation, even as a finalist for DPY. Their only question marks are health. It’s clear IMHO, it sucks but both are future all-NBA talent, period.

Jalen, Cade, even Ant, their work ethic may push them over the top. Booker, Murray, and Mitchell are the models here. Let’s hope the pre-draft stories on Bari and Jalen are true. Having a real coach and system, this season is crucial in this assessment.

They’d have to show real and huge, just huge improvements to be considered in the same class as Wemby or Chet. Sad, cold reality is that itis highly unlikely, but there’s still time considering the mess they were part last season.

now Mobley, even though I like him, wouldn’t move the needle. We never had a chance on the two real prizes, so I refrain from blaming the FO regarding the picks. Alpi and Tari were great ones. Jalen and Bari, the jury’s still out.

roslolian, Easy and RudyTBag like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the odds of both chet and victor staying healthy are almost non existent. it's unfortunate that body type doesn't often hold up.

11. i3artow i3aller

Mobley was only a finalist for DPOY because those nerds over at the Ringer banded together under Simmons orders.

12. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Mobley would have been struggling if he was drafted here in this clown show like Bari while if the roles were reversed, Bari would have most likely flourished playing alongside Allen and actually good vets like Rubio.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rubio is out due to mental health issues, the NBA took a toll on his mental health.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm happy Wemby and Chet exist so people can stop making false narratives in favor of Mobley. Dude is the PF equivalent of Justice Winslow and Michael Kidd Gilchrist.

Yeah he is a savant defender. That's amazing! But he can't do anything on the other side of the ball except layups and dunks... 20% from 3, 26% from mid range, careers lows in efficiency which coincided with career low in assisted shots... Basically if nobody is setting the table for him he ain't eating. Meanwhile Jalen has continued to improve every year on both sides of the ball, now he is an average defender, can run the point and also shooting 3s at 41% from the field.

As a member of the Green gang since day 1 I'm happy to say Rox Def made the right pick. Mobley and his dad raised that stink about not wanting to be in a losing org, look at them now 4 all stars in the Leastern conference and the team down 3-5? Whut?

cheke64 likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That narrative was so thick for Mobley.. I remember when Sengun demolished him in summer league

I time stamped it, but just in case, Mobley stuff starts at 7:07

but some other interesting stuff in here including Ivey and Giddey

#775 DreamShook, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    roslolian and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

Will prime Mobley ever be better than rookie Chet?
    [​IMG]

roslolian likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

not enough killer instinct

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I heard that hippos had lots of killer instinct in them.

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not even Chet himself would have thought he would dominate the way he does after virtually just being able to move his toe for a year after the Lisfranc.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

With Sengun emergence folks should stop crying about this dude, because we wouldn't have drafted both of them.

roslolian likes this.