1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Eagles @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2014.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Yeah I like the red on red. It's a ton of red, but it's only once a season so I like the novelty of it. Wish they would go back to that instead of the red on white.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> RB Darren Sproles (sprained knee) is expected to play Sunday at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a>. Only player of note in doubt is starting S Nate Allen.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/528218154187902976">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You thought that was bashing him?

4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Just once I wish they'd got red jersey/blue pants.

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

Wasn't there also a monday night game against Jacksonville in I believe 08 where he went off...can't remember if that was a battle red game or not.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Broncos on Thursday night.

Had 3.5 sacks.

That was SWEET!

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think the original Dallas Texans Uni/Helmet would be cool but I think those unis still belong to the Chiefs. Or the original Oilers.

Which makes me think, the Jets used to be the Titans so how did Bud get to use the Titans? And if they didn't why couldn't we?

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill O'Brien says it doesn't look very good for Jadeveon Clowney to play on Sunday.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/528247378633977856">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what a joke.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

??????

Rocket River

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clowney is sick. This wasn't a setback with the knee. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/528248486673014784">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, the Jets were only the Titans for 3 years. Not a lot of history there. If they still owned the rights to the name, it wouldn't be a big deal for them to allow Tennessee to use the name.

But Bud Adams is a dick. Unlike how Cleveland was able to keep the Browns history or how Seattle still owns the Sonics history should a team ever return there, Bud took the Oilers history with him to Tennessee. Not only does he own the name "Oilers". He owns the name "Houston Oilers". There was talk at one point of Les Alexander buying the Edmonton Oilers and moving them to Houston, but if he did they wouldn't have been allowed to be called the Houston Oilers because Bud owns the name.

The initial owner of the NY Titans only owned the team for 2 years. Then he sold it and they renamed it. The new ownership had no really ties to that name. And I think they're on their 5th owner now. So they don't really care about the Titans name. Bud had the "Oilers" for 38 years, so still has a strong connection to the name that he doesn't want to let go.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great...now his immune system is injured.

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

Damnit come on hopefully Obrien is just trying to mess with Philly. Foles is ripe for the picking and we need all our horses healthy.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You're talking about different franchises here. Yes, the Jets used to be the Titans of New York, but gave up the rights to that name when they switched names. The Dallas Texans did become the Kansas City Chiefs, and also gave up the Texans naming rights when they switched. However, because Bud Adams was a bitter old man who knew Houston would probably get a team sooner or later after he took the Oilers, he never relinquished the rights to the original name. It's the same reason why he also never gave the team history back to Houston (a la Cleveland/Baltimore).

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#SOFT

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Still time to get over being sick, that's a real bummer if he ends up missing the game, but they do have something going around the locker room, Brandon Brooks missed a game a couple weeks ago to illness.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

....ever since they went up to dallas.........

20. i3artow i3aller