1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Eagles @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's be fair here though. bob took over a 2-14 team so to expect this team to be better than they are right now would mean to expect this team to be a playoff team. Finishing around 500 is what most people expected, especially with this crappy QB.

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The funny thing, at 4-5, Texans can't even rig the draft properly.

Does the middle of the first round hold a QB worth taking?

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My understanding from Jerome Solomon tweet was that they closed roof because of haltime show. Demanded no wind for that BMX stunt show with fireworks. So there's that.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bingo . . . Fitz has literally lost every where he has gone

Rocket River
    waiting on the Fitz but but but apologist talking about how bad his previous teas were or some such

5. Win

Win Contributing Member

Oh, Lawdy.... Now we have 2 solid weeks of, well......

6. MadMax

And would you trust them to actually take him if he was there?

7. MadMax

Absolutely...delusions of 10 win talent were just that...delusions.

Honestly, I like BOB. I think he has this team playing about as well as it's capable of playing at this point.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I found Fitz serviceable. Today's sacks he just held on to the ball forever.

I would love to get a hold of Winston or Hundley.

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

they showed his W/L at the beginning of the game.. 35-51.. smh people defend this guy.. 31-52 now..

10. conquistador#11

i'm pretty patient when it comes to a team developing or a coach, but when it comes to coaching he better know his personnel and situational football. I thought the game was over when coach decided he was going to play 2007 brady ball with fitzy under center. you have foster, well, had foster. =(

that's the dallas game, the pittsburgh game and today's game where his brain freezes have cost us the game. win out and all is forgiven, just seven in a row.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Work Monday-Wednesday. I think it's so important to know where we think we are as a team. We think we're close even though it may not look that way at times.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a>' O'Brien asked about turf. Said it's a tough Q after game. Postseason discussion</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/529019750119387136">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arian Foster dealing with groin injury</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/529019846001184769">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O'Brien trying to stay optimistic. &quot;We're certainly not out of anything.&quot;</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/529020075832262656">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;It's not a good loss, we made a lot of mistakes... we have to correct this stuff because we're certainly not out of anything.&quot; -O'Brien</p>&mdash; Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/529020192920072192">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Offense too inconsistent, O'Brien said</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/529020628444401664">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Asked about QB change, O'Brien said everything will be evaluated. O'Brien placed blame on himself. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/529020849685540865">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O'Brien will look into Clowney using social media during game. Nothing certain.</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/529022428065042432">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O'Brien: I can't say enough about Whitney Mercilus... He's playing really well for us this year.</p>&mdash; Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/529021823631912961">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i still think theres a bit of holding the playbook back due to knowing the personnel.. people really want us to open the playbook and air it out more.. only thing i would really like to see is more TE use, but giving the ball to arian over and over is the right choice with this qb.. i say sanchez looked better than him today, its not just about stats, just general fluidity from the position, everything fits does just looks bad.. theyve dropped some of his passes but seems like everything else is wide, high, or in the ground.. fitz is good for about 7 ppg..

13. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

True. But they also gave up 190 yards rushing and 483 overall. Philadelphia had the ball 32 minutes to our 27. The possession difference wasn't that big at all. Not enough to say the defense was on the field too long. They averaged 6.1 yards per play overall. You can't win like that.

Separately from a mostly ineffective defense (other than the first quarter and the turnovers on some pretty poorly thrown balls), the offense is woefully ineffective. And, if Foster is hurt or not playing well, you might as well hope for points from the defense to get anything at all.

I said before the season looking at this group and knowing their history, and not just seeing names and thinking "hey, we've got talent here and here and here!", if they go 7-9, everyone should be very impressed. No coaching staff is gonna say "yeah, you know, we suck." They'll always say they're playing to win. But when your roster doesn't have it, they don't have it. They won't say so, but they know. The question is do they know enough to fix it in the coming seasons, and there's no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt.

They need to go out and fix the roster, whether through the draft, through trades, through free agent pickups. But this one season on its own? No way they were ever gonna win anything this year. No freakin' way.

If any of you looked at this matchup and thought we were gonna win this game based on anything other than performing miracles, I can't see any way for you to say you know anything about football. The Texans stink right now. You all know it. So stop getting so outraged each time they lose games like this.

They stink. Teams that stink lose games to teams that don't.

Players that stink drops passes, they make noodle arm throws, they miss blocks, they get gashed by a good running back.

If you expected the Texans to beat top level teams like this, quite frankly, you're an idiot.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fitz:

Offensively, didn't do what we needed to. Had a hard time getting things going.

I didn't play well enough for us to win today. It was a tough one because we got some turnovers from the defense but not being able to generate anything on our own, it was a tough day.

We had some chances there. I didn't see what happened to Andre in the corner but wish I hit that one.

Arian is a big part of what we do but we had a hard time of generating anything. Give them credit.

It was a mix of things today. There were times they were getting pressure on us. I gotta do a better job of finding the open man and getting the ball out.

I took another silly sack today. 9 yard sack.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Groin injury...no good.

16. Mr. Space City

Demeco has torn Achilles.

Texans turf claims another victim

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o9IXAJg4Vm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Texans have proved to be worse than we thought they would be, given the "talent" on this roster.
    No more playoff talk please. I just want th to win 4 more and end with a 8-8.

1 person likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Virtually everybody thought this was an 8-8 team except a few delusional morons.

With 3 games left against Tennessee and Jacksonville this team is gonna get to 8-8. A few people just seemed to have unrealistic expectations.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

To be fair. . .
    1. this team did not have 2-14 talent and not one thought so
    2. HE CHOSE this QB to be his ride or die

Rocket River

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I haven't heard him say this before.