1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Eagles @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ugly loss

Something like 35-17

#21 REEKO_HTOWN, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Texans take this is.

Clowney plays more, the ol plays better, another big game by foster. Watt does his thing.

Texans 21-13

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Eagles coming off a bye week lost to a good Cardinals team with a relatively close score. After playing that level of competition and losing they will come with renewed focus against our boys...who feel they have conquered the world beating a hapless Titans team. The Eagles and their offense represent everything we dont do well...
    1. They play with a ridiculously fast tempo...and our defense and subpackages switch in and out a lot but do so relatively slowly.
    2. They have an explosive, elusive running back, and the Texans have shown that they are a team that offenses can run against consistently.
    3. Chip Kelly has Foles take big shots down the field and he will test our secondary....our 2ndary is suspect and is prone to making mistakes.

My heart: 27-21 OT Texans win(game winning TD run by Foster)
    My mind:35-17 Texans loss...(late score by Hopkins makes the game respectable.)

Prove my mind wrong...Go Texans!!!!

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

No. 0-3

2002: 35-17 L
    2006: 24-10 L
    2010: 34-24 L

Beat the Jets in 2012
    Beat the Cardinals in 2005
    Beat the Rams in 2009

Haven't beaten the Eagles or Vikings.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why? The game is in Houston, it should be a close game. Texans have a good running back to control the clock, they could have a good chance to win it if that old QB is not going to turn the ball over during the critical time.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

LeSean McCoy has had exactly one explosive game this year; he's otherwise been outright terrible in 2014, barely averaging 3 ypc if you remove that big game against the Giants.

I hope he does; Foles has been fairly awful this year, too - 9 INTs in 7 games and a YPA below 7.

Maybe both players get back on track this week - but these are not the 2013 Eagles.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Typo on my part; meant to post "never"

That's right; MNF. Don't remember the Cardinals or Rams games at all.

So just two teams...

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We end up 2-2 against the NFC East

Rocket River

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The crowd will be amped. The Texans are hungry.

Texans win by 6.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Key to winning is the secondary. Swearinger had a great game last time, but rest of the guys need to step up.

As long as the O-line does it's job, Fitz should be playing alright unless he is worse then we all thought. Eagles secondary is pretty bad, but Boykins has some talent as a slot corner

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be watching the injury report and practice reports closely this week, having Darryl Morris back in the game would give us a boost in the secondary that we'll need against an offense geared towards the passing game.

12. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

In Austin you will need the NFL Sunday Ticket. Or, you can go to an establishment that has said NFLST that is also willing to play the game on one of their TVs.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think Foles is a bit overrated. If we can get a lead running with Arian we can unleash Watt and Clowney.

Also noise can be a factor, if NRG gets LOUD!!!, maybe that hurts their fast pace offense a bit. Might need a few Texans to pull up lame every now and then ;)

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Be the best teammates they can be... and play complementary football for 4 quarters.

Go Texans!

15. conquistador#11

if we don't shoot ourselves in the groin and stay solid on special teams, we will be in position to win it..yet again.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Expecting a slow start for both teams and then the Eagles capitalize on a few Texans mistakes and take over.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Philly is pretty middle of the road statistically and has had an easier schedule. Their win against the Colts came after a very questionable call (or non-call. Can't remember) but then again you can find those in every game if you look hard enough.

If they limit turnovers to 1 or less then I think they will win.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

Texans 24 Eagles 21

Eagles are OVERRATED.

We still might not be as good as them, but I think we pull out a win at home.

The Texans have played very, very well, and very, very bad. We are somewhere in the middle; but I do expect us to win this game.

Foles ain't that good.

19. 713

713 Member

I think this is the game Clowney blows up and Fitzpatrick has a field day against that secondary.

Eagles oline are missing some players and there passing defense ranks at the near bottom.

Texans 42
    Eagles 23

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Time for the Clowney/Watt combo to bust out.

Eagles don't exactly scare me on the defensive side. Hopefully Fitzpatrick can take care of the ball and move the chains. Their game plan will revolve around stopping Foster, so we need a decent game from the QB.