1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official driving RANT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox11, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

what about the guy who has to brake about 10 feet from the light even though it's green? oh so when it turns yellow, you are going to SLLAAAAAAAAM on your brakes?

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Today I'm going eastbound on the Katy and exit Highway 6. I get into the middle lane because there are always idiots coming out of the hotels/businesses and cutting off the right lane and move slow. Like clockwork, an suv and ford focus pull out and cut of this bmw next to me, causing the bmw to slam on its brakes. The suv speeds up and off smartly, but the stupid focus sees the bmw approaching its back and thinks it is a better idea to get in front of a faster driver, me, and cut me off in the middle lane.

I see it coming too, so as soon as the focus moves into my lane I slam on my brakes and horn. This scares dumb focus driver who then, without signaling again, moves BACK ovee. This time, they didn't make the full lane change though and is instead blocking the middleajd right lane. Me and bmw both lay on our horns, and the dumb focus driver finally uses its brain and accelerates and goes off to the left lane of the feeder.

Or the drivers that continue braking once the light turns green while approaching it, even though the car in front of them has already accelerated and has continued to increase their distance. I'm always thinking why did they brake in the first place? If you would have just let 9ff the gas while approaching the light, could have just rolled through the light without touch8ng the brakes.

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I hate this too and I generally try not to be that scumbag, but sometimes it's not their fault. It's just bad luck that they got stuck at the red. I mean can you really expect the right turn lane to be only reserved for right turning cars?

Pretty much this. I change lanes when it's open, and then just use the blinker to make myself feel like I'm a courteous driver.

My main pet peeve are just the slow drivers who are the sole reason for traffic and the dangerously fast ego-maniacs (trucks, dodge chargers, cameros, etc.) who think they're the shi*. I'm not saying everyone has to drive at my speed but being an everyday driver, you know the speed range in which is acceptable/reasonable.

I also get annoyed when other cars cut off 18 wheelers. Yes, they drive slow and yes, we all want to pass them up. But leaving them with only a few feet between you and them is not giving them enough time to brake and avoid hitting you.

#43 tinywang, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

As bad as tow truck guys can be, the good thing is there are not many on the road (at the same time) unlike macho hulk pickup truck drivers who have absolutely no use for the 'pickup' part of the vehicle....bullying people around because they have less to worry about, with those frames.

5. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Something that irritates the living hell out of me is that people who don't know how to use a median/turning lane when turning. GET THE **** OVER and quit stopping traffic. I've had a few moments where I felt like just ****ing pushing these people over. Or people trying to pull into traffic from a cross street and don't understand the concept of taking the turn lane while waiting for a spot to open. Instead, they just pull out, block the other lanes traffic, and wait and wait for someone to give them a shot.

I have some serious road rage, and make it a point not to carry any weapons in my vehicle. I'm not sure if I have the self control not to scare the **** out of people if I were to choose otherwise.

6. Poloshirtbandit

Naw. Trying to cross 5 lanes on 59 at Newcastle exit isn't a good idea.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ericstocracy,

Its funny that this it's how it really is, people laugh this stuff off but as we know if you dont let it by, it can possibly effect other aspects of how you carry on your day or treat people in general. It makes me have thoughts i dont like such as judging and thinking to myself how can a person be so stupid ect. Few years ago when i was working a minimum paying customer service job, we would get people who were not in anyway retarted but were the equivalent of the people that cause us road rage. My coworker and me would crack jokes and looking back at it now, they were very cruel jokes..."who drove you here?" is an example of one. Point is, the actions of people who simpliy cannot act civilized and follow order can cause negativity beyond the situation(s).

8. Faust

Faust Member

get a dash cam. best investment ever i made

9. brooksstephens

Well I hate the idiots doing the speed limit in the passing lane that refuse to move over.

If you're not passing, you deserve to get tailed, you will get tailed..... get out of the passing lane.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, the AAA guys are always cool, probably because they work directly for AAA. But your average independent tow truck driver is POND SCUM.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

BUMP.

The amount of stupid drivers in Houston have increased to an all time high.
    Driving is easier and faster on right lanes than the extreme left. For the love of goodness "LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING"
    Exhibit A: any houston freeway.

Why do people slow down to a crawl just to change lanes? Maintain highway speeds! What do you want me to do? Match your 30mph so you can change lanes?

Does anyone's blinkers work anymore?

ramotadab and DudeWah like this.
  12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I noticed getting a daily i don’t fear driving makes everything so better, if your driving around in a Porsche or a nice sports car everyday then small things will bother you because you fear for the car.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

I also have a daily driver (14 year old camry with 200K miles) because
    1. houston drivers
    2. houston roads. have you seen 288 recently? 3rd world countries have better unpaved roads.

It still doesn't excuse why I have to change 4 lanes to the right to pass people up.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What you have to do is stop caring. You don't know if the person is handicap,old, or whatever disability they have. I dont care anymore. I use to be the one that would pull up next to you and flip you off ticked off.

DudeWah likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Oh I keep my blood pressure down and just shake my head at the moronic activities I witness during my commute but it's still a problem. Highly doubt all these shi**y houston drivers are just old and handicapped.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah. I've had different people cut me off. It's probably car bullying since I drive a small ass beat up car to work. Once im in my lifted 4 door Chevy pick up everybody gets the **** outta my way.

Sajan likes this.
  17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No idea what the op was on about but let me tell you something.

It’s a known fact that suburban drivers and roads are the worst **** ever. Idiot teenage drivers, women who are doing 20 things at once (fixing their make-up, checking Instagram, yelling at their kid), and people who go 70 mph on local roads galore.

Driving within the loop is a pleasure compared to that.

Sajan likes this.
  18. what

what Member

If you live in houston and try to do the speed limit, you are going to have problems. I rarely see anybody on the road that doesn't want to go 20 miles above the speed limit. Meaning if the speed limit is 45, they are trying to drive 70 down that road. On the freedway, they are doing damn near a 100. And while I am driving 60 to 65, they are honking at me and acting like pure assholes.