1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official driving RANT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox11, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hate Princess hog-the-right-turn-lane even though they're not turning right.

2. Mr. Clutch

3. Mr. Clutch

Huge accident on 45 yesterday.

Seems like Sunday is a bad day every week

Sargeant speed-while-running-errands out in full force

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

If you're not passing someone, get out of the passing lane. You endanger everyone by impeding the flow of traffic. I don't care how big of jerks the tailgaters are...safety is more important than your pride. Just move over.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't agree with this. Non use of signals is about the only time I get pissed, and it's because if theirs a good open stretch in front of me I usually hit the gas pretty hard and pull up (not tailgate) to the proper distance of the car in front. When I hit the gas and somebody in a side lane decides just to swerve out with no signal I have to hit the breaks pretty hard and it's annoying as ****. Why is it so hard to use signals? Especially in a lot of traffic when it's most necessary.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I agree always use your signals when getting over a lane. However, I also hate the over-use of signals. Meaning putting on your signal before you even bother checking to see if it's open. That always seems to cause confusion (i.e., is this guy actually coming over now eventhough I am clearly driving faster than him, do I need to brake, did he just forget to turn off his blinker, etc.).

The proper sequence is.
    1.) Check to see the lane is open
    2a.) If it's open put on your blinker and move over.
    2b.) If it's not open, stay patient and repeat until it is open, then execute Step 2A.

The More You Know

*This doesn't apply to cases where you're in bumper to bumper traffic and need a little help getting over a lane to exit/enter.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What you are talking about is the person who Has to get into your lane and is

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Letting you know i dont care about your lane being full

9. Mr. Clutch

I love the guy who sees the light turn green at the next block and runs the red in front of him.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I got rear-ended today because some jackass didn't realize he was in an exit-only lane until the last possible second, swerved over into my lane without checking, slammed on his brakes because reasons, and forced me to slam on mine. The truck behind me was pulling a trailer, so he didn't have a chance. When he got out of his truck, the first thing he said was, "That guy that swerved in front of you is lucky he wasn't involved in this wreck, otherwise I'd be facing murder charges right now."

11. Poloshirtbandit

This wasn't on 59 south was it? Think I saw part of this.

12. Mr. Clutch

Did you stop and leave your info so you could be a witness?

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I used to blow a gasket every day from something on the road. After talking with a bunch of wrecker drivers and others, you really need to try and let it go. I fail all the time, but I really,really try not to.

Giving yourself an aneurysm because a poor driver wronged you, is a bit like yelling at the sky the morning because it is raining.

Even if by some miracle you manage to communicate your anger to the bad driver, you'll never see them again and you'll encounter a new idiot tomorrow.

Now if you're the guy driving 50 mph in the left hand lane on the interstate,I appreciate from previous threads that there is disagreement on the exact law, but understand how it works in practice.

I remember reading on reddit about a guy from a state without yield to the right laws who intentionally packed his car with cameras and drove 10 miles per hour under the speed limit. That's an extreme example, but can do anything to make the situation better?

Fiinally, slightly off the topic, but entropy is a b**** and will always win in the end. I have dents and scratches in a car I got 2 weeks ago because I had to park in a supermarket parking lot. Your car will never be as ordered and tuned as it is today. Trying to hold on to the new car is like trying to keep your kids from becoming teenagers.

I guess in short, worry about what you can control, and if something is out of your control, you are only hurting yourself by getting worked up.

And this is coming from someone who regularly used to loose it (and still does) because of other drivers in a fit of full on, "Hulk smash!" rage.

Take a deep breath and let it go. You'll live longer. People are mean, lazy, and stupid. You can't fix the entire world on the commute home from work.

1 person likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, this was on 249 coming off of the Beltway. It's telling that there are multiple incidences of this kind of thing happening all over the city.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Or the guy driving through downtown who runs a red light when the next light 20 yards ahead of him is red. Congratulations for getting to that next red light quicker than me.

So true.

I have to give myself kudos for getting a lot better at this over the last few years. I've really made it a point to just let everything go instead of honking, flipping off, yelling, etc.

Nowadays, if someone cuts me off, forgets to signal or does anything else to annoy me as a driver, I just roll my eyes, shake my head and MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. I guess having kids kind of changes your perspective on this kind of thing.

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Or the overly-cautious, law-abiding driver in front of you who is meandering along just at or under the speed limit, and then when the light turns red suddenly turns into fast and furious stunt driver, totally running the red light, and leaving you cursing at the mother****er as you are stuck waiting an *entire* 30 seconds for the light to turn green again....*deep breath*

but seriously, how does that even make sense?

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Coming home from IAH sat morning I saw a little car pull in front of a tow truck that was speeding. Truck could have easily let it slide, changed lanes. But instead he went right up on the cars ass, changed lanes at the last minute, then pulled RIGHT in front of the little car as a way to pay them back. Not sure what tow truck drivers calmed you down but they are mostly complete jerks with little regard for public safety on their way to steal cars.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Tow truck drivers are literally the SCUM OF THE EARTH.

Just a few notches below child killers and islamic terrorists.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have said more or less the same. Usually they are horrid people, and if they act nice, it is because they are grasping greedy. But I guess someone has to break the mold. 3 of the last 4 drivers I've had have been friendly.

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Majority of the drivers in Houston put their blinker on first..and start moving into the lane before they check. OHH THERE ARE CARS IN THE OTHER LANE?? whoo knew!