1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Dolphins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 9, 2008.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm nervous but i have to go I have tickets. I'm just taking a brown paper bag with me.

I'm still a fan, disgruntled, but a fan.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How mobile is Chad Pennington
    Mario may be looking to increase his Sack totals

Rocket River

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

LOL, only one of those was a sure touchdown and if he got open more a few more times against the jags? they score 27 points

4. DPballer

DPballer Member

I'm going to guess Miami is favored to win thegame. This would be the easiest underdog bet of all time.

5. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Actually I heard we're a 3 point favorite, don't know how that works..

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Home teams in NFL gets an extra 3 pts to the spread usually...if it was in Miami, Miami would be a 3 pt favorite

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

this is true a 3 point line in favor of the home team means odds makers consider it an even matchup

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I think I actually had a dream the Texans could be 0-5. I'll keep in line with my dream :)

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth...ders-should-be-ready-to-react-to-Wildcat.html
    Houston defenders should be ready to react to Wildcat

October 10, 2008 2:09 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

When the Miami Dolphins unveiled their unconventional Wildcat package, you'd have thought Tony Sparano and his staff reinvented the game.

The Texans have had enough time to examine it and consider its potential spinoffs.

"Yeah, we get to look at it for a couple of weeks, but it's changing every week," coach Gary Kubiak said. "So, I'm sure we're going to see a part of it that is totally different than what we've been seeing."

Said defensive end Mario Williams: "...As long as you go out there and you play your assignments and stay focused I think we'll be alright. Hopefully we can stop it. But, it's pretty confusing and it seems like whenever they get in that formation they seem to make plays. As long as we stay focused, I think we'll be fine. Hopefully we can stop it."

If it creates defensive chaos Sunday at Reliant Stadium, I'll think it an indictment of Houston's defensive coaches and preparations -- but more so of the Texans personnel.

Defensive players may have to actually react to something they didn't see drawn up on a dry erase board or have spelled out in a power point presentation. Imagine that?

I asked Texans GM Rick Smith for his reflections on Wildcat this week.

"It's unique, obviously," he said. "Whenever you try something and you have success with it and it's something a little different I think people pay attention to it. They certainly have run that with a large degree of success.

"As a football guy it's kind of fun to look at and try to figure out what you do to try to stop it. They got our attention with it so we've got to be prepared to stop it on Sunday."-

Here's a graphic from the Houston Chronicle that shows how Wildcat gets started.

[​IMG]

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Texans 27 Dolphins 21. I will watch mainly because I paid for it and even if it is crap I am not throwing money away by not showing up. If I can sit through Dom Capers 2-14 I can handle anything.

11. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Make that plastic! :D

12. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm wondering if Vince Young could somehow resurrect his career by getting traded to the Dolphins. He could be the perfect complement to Ronnie Brown in the wildcat offense.

13. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I am going to the game, so I am excited. I am interested to see how many no shows are there.

14. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

luxury suite tickets !!
    wifey picked em up from work.
    so we'll be there

btw Texans 27-23 over the dolphins

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is going to be my first game...i thought this would be the year that i wouldnt physically get ill from their performance. I may be wrong.

regardless, i'm curious about the tailgate scene. If you mingle around can you get in on some of the parties?

We (me and g/f) are thinking about going early and check it all out...i just don't want to go too long without a beer or 4.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think this game will be decided by turnovers and our offense.

If we can't score points or get some turnovers to force miami to pass I think we're going to get run all over...

17. David Stern

David Stern Member

im going to the game...first game ever for me, so i wont be bringing a paper bag....
    I think pubes knows that this team cant go 0-5 cause they probably tune him out for the rest of the year if they lose today

18. askball

askball Member

Like a previous poster stated, this is the stereotypical trap game for the Dolphins.

We have played better than our record indicates while Miami is coming off two huge wins against good teams. They won't be nearly as fired up to play us.

T.R.A.P.

19. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

0-5

Thankfully Rockets season is on the way....

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Must-win game. I know everyone is down on the Texans right now but this game is huge.

If you can get this, chances are we'll beat Detroit and Cincy at home. I know we're 0-4, but we might be the best 0-4 team in history based on the way we've played the last two weeks and how tough our opening schedule was. But if they win this and the next two that's probably the only real way to get back on track and have even a shot at a winning season.

I was looking over the schedule earlier and obviously its easy to add up wins in your head, but win these three and I think we've got a legit shot at a 9-7 season. Based on the way we play at home I think we can beat Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Chicago...and Oakland on the road. That would be 7 wins if they get these three that we should win...then you have Minnesota, GB, Cleveland, and Indy on the road, and one other home against Tennessee in there (who I don't see us beating even at home). I think at best we'd take two of those four road games...hopefully Cleveland and Minnesota, or Indy, who knows. I think they're certainly capable of that though, and I'd call a 9-7 season with our schedule a pretty successful one. They're going to be kicking themselves for losing last week though.