1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Divisional Playoff: Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2012.

1. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Lets get it!

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ravens are a schizoid team, at home they are monsters, on the road, they are kittens. Well, the law of percentages say they are due a stinker at home, caught looking past this one to the next game with the Pats (who COULD get beat by the Broncos) not likely, but with Tebow, anything is at least possible. I believe the Texans will win by one point, late. All I ask is an all out, smart, 100%, goofy mistake free effort. Loose and unleashed. Just go do it. If Denver some how pulls off an upset, Houston should go into beast mode. Broncos at home, hello Super Bowl; Tebow will surely run out of soap. Then again, Texans and Broncos might get steam rolled like 99% of the world is predicting. I am voting for shock and awe.

3. HPD

HPD Member

ravens take it... 26-20 hate to say it. ravens have everything we had here against cincy. home field fans etc.........

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of thought before the season started, that the Texans would be one and out(Kubiak factor) ... or go to the Super Bowl. Needless to say, a lot of injuries happened... Now, we don't have Matt and Mario. But in a strange twist of fate Mario's absence has caused Reed to emerge sooner as the natural edge rusher he is....Barwin has been a monster..Watt has more than proven he's got the goods...Smith has elevated his level of play...Demeco is finally at least 85% back from his injury..Mitchell and Cody have answered questions about the nose. Kareem has improved to the point that he's adequate. JJoseph is an all pro CB. And Brian Cushing has returned to being the beast/leader he is. Phillips has worked his magic in defining roles and schemes. But just as important,the players love Wade and would tackle an opponent head on without a helmet for him.(Bryan Braman) This Texans defense is exactly the type that can take over games and make a deep run in the playoffs all the way to the SB....ala Da Bears. We'll see if they can do it without Mario (and Matt)..But you know football is a strange game..Chemistry and momentum are huge...The best teams are greater than the sum of their parts. Anyway, we took care of Cincy (a team I thought we would have more problems with) and now I'm almost convinced that this defense, this team is about to knock off Baltimore. I've been a detractor of Kubiak, but when balanced out with Wade ...a solid running game, the threat of Andre to stretch the D.....and a well managed game from TJ (no turnovers)....We can do it. Baltimore WILL NOT kick our a$$ ......This will be a close game. Consider me emotionally invested. :)

#64 Plowman, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I was going to post something similar. There were several passes that day that you just had to tip your hat to.

Texans 24
    Ravens 17

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

It took a beastly game by their kicker to beat us last time. Granted we had Schaub for the last game but TJ looks more prone to run to get away from a sack if he needs to. (didn't say more mobile) The defense has a few more games under it's belt (esp soon after losing Mario) since the last game and the Ravens aren't going to be able to stack the box as much with Dre back. Plus it doesn't hurt to have such recent experience playing in Baltimore. Can't wait.

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Texans will win this week! Count on it

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

low scoring game

14-10 Texans

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the ravens (4) losses came at the hands of the titans, jags, seahawks, and charges all on the road.

looking back at the box scores two patterns emerge, rice was held in check AND the ravens committed 2+ turnovers.

from box score:
    vs ten - rice 13 carries for 43yds and 3 turnovers
    vs jax - rice 8 carries for 28yds and 2 turnovers
    vs sea - rice 5 carries for 27yds and 3 turnovers
    vs san - rice 10 carries for 57yds and 2 turnovers

i know rushing defense and turnovers seem obvious but here we see 4 examples where they were beat. in this case both are critical because in our previous game they committed 2 turnovers while we had none BUT rice got his.

i can confidently say that if we generate turnover(s) while not committing any AND keep rice in check we will win this game.

note i said AND not OR, they both must happen.

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Yates to AJ >>>> Schaub to JJ

The key is to score first. Cameron is not shy about abandoning the run when the Ravens are behind resulting in less touches for Ray Rice.

24-14 Texans.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Andre IS 30 now. It would not be a stretch to say that the AJ you watched for most of his career may not come back. That is not to say he can not still dominate, he'll just have to do it with his experience and mental edge rather than his pure speed. Right now we have no time to wonder; whatever he can give us is better than anything else we got.

12. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I can't believe everyone here has the Texans winning.

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

If the texans win this game it will be one of the greatest wins in Houston sports. I'll even put it up with the Rockets beating the Knicks in game 7.

14. today

today Contributing Member

Most of us would admit that our score predictions are Homer Picks (spread was +7.5 this morning), but of course we're picking the Texans to win! Do you really expect us to predict that our season is over? It's one thing to predict a loss during the season, but not in the last game.

I think we only have a 35% chance of winning, but I think that our horse is coming in this week!!!!

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I was expecting a win last week, but now Im not too sure about this game, I hope texans can win.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Dre doesn't need to be full speed he just needs to be noticed and accounted for.
    To quote the great Randy Moss, to "take the top off the defense".

17. xAliceInChains

It's supposed to be 43f with no chance of rain, good weather day. I would be really worried if it was raining or snowing.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You can't believe posters on a Houston Rockets forum pick the Texans to win? I can't believe you can't believe that.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You're just burnt out on Tracy Mcgrady.
    [​IMG]

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Texans 31
    Ravens 6