1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Divisional Playoff: Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2012.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Yesterday, the Broncos got beat by the Pats. They faced a better team, and were beaten by them. Today, however, the Texans weren't beaten, they lost. That's what makes this so disappointing.

And screw you Jacoby, no excuse for that stupid ass decision.

2. plates300

plates300 Member

Joe Flacco and all his talk about being an elite qb. what a load of crap. He was garbage today and couldn't do anything. Texans gave them the game. Jacoby put it on a silver platter and smiled while he was doing it :mad:

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Lot of respect for Reed. Already an all time great, he gives props to Houston during his post game interview for NFLN. Saying it's 'always tough when we play the Texans' and acknowledges our injuries 'they are missing some of their soldiers it might have been a whole different game.'

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Ed Reed didn't say it might have been a different game, he said it would have been a different game. Truth. I personally like the Ravens team, but hate Ravens fans.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Wow. I just realized that The ravens are gonna get crushed by the pats. It stinks because I hate the pats

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Ugh, watching the replays of Yates' INTs is painful. He practically told Reed where to be on one of them, while OD runs free to his left. Gah

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yates decided he was going to test Ed Reed today. 3rd time was the charm(and game ender) IIRC.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Three things that I took away from this game...

1. No holding penalties for Baltimore...... U mean to tell me , all that damn pressure we were giving Flacco, and NO ONE held.... amazing disciple by their O-linemen

2. Kareem would make a great FS.... He doesnt have to worry about turning his damn head if he's facing the ball... His coverage has improved but his dumbazzness hasn't... This move will benefit him ..... Can you imagine if we had played Eli Manning in the Super Bowl ...All he does is heave it... Giants WR's would have had a field day

3. I am fired up about our immediate future... We have a dynasty in the making !!!

9. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

I am still pissed about the game today and have to say a few things:

1) What the hell is it going to take for Houston management to realize we can't have this fool Jacoby Jones on this roster anymore?

2) TJ Yates was the one most affected by Jacoby Jones's putrid attempt of a punt return. Playing with the lead (I don't even care if it's as small as 3-0) and the dominating style is so much more different than when we are down in a hole against a damn good football team. The first INT is on AJ and Yates. The 2nd and 3rd are solely because TJ was trying to give his team a chance. I really found his play quite admirable.

3) Is a 50 yard field goal a gimme in the NFL? No! BUT YOU ARE IN THE FREAKING NFL. You are suppose to be a professional at your job and in what you do. Go out there and make it for your team.

4) Andre Johnson has to catch that catch on 3rd down when TJ was getting all out blitzed and he decisively through it to him only to see it go through his hands to end up as an incompletion. He probably would have either taken it to the house or at least to the redzone with all that room.

5) What I don't freaking understand about the unnecessary bomb to AJ that got picked off by Ed Reed was the timing of it. Particularly because IT CAME AFTER THE 2 MINUTE WARNING. Would you as a coach if you're Kubiak talk to Yates about game time decision making. EVEN IF IT WAS COMPLETED FOR A TD you're leaving time on the clock for the Ravens to go down and score. That was the time for a just like an in-Cincinnati to clinch the AFC South like drive to take us down and score the game winning TD, not throw it away and give the game away.

6) WHY WASN'T FOSTER UTILIZED IN SOME SHAPE OR FASHION AT THE END? Run or Pass, ANYTHING. WHYYYYYY?

7) The Texans direly need a YAC receiver. So don't just get me a #2 this offseason but get me someone who can get me yards after the catch PLEASE!

Man that was a lot to get off my chest!

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This franchise endeared itself to me even more yesterday. I can definitely say I feel the same way about them that I did about my Oilers. And I'm so excited about the future of this franchise. Sucks to lose...and going through that crap is part of what endears them to you more...but we're building something to last here.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I remember back when everybody was complaining that this team would never "match up" with the one that everybody grew up with... and how hard it was to "get into them".

My simple argument at the time was that it would either take the team to have some real success, or just simply time.

Well, thanks to their extended need for building a winner, we got both... 10 years, and finally a win, and the city has officially exploded with their devotion and love for this team.

Could you imagine what the outpour of support will be when this team approcaches the age that the luv ya blue teams were when they popped the top off this city? Or when they reach the age of the run and shoot Oilers?

I know Houston's an overall fair weather sports city, but when it comes to football, its a top 5 market in terms of fan devotion (Right there with Dallas, Denver, Pittsburgh, New York, and San Fran).

#2171 Nick, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

On the flip side, the Texans had very few penalties as well. No holding calls, and just the occasional false start and block in the back.

Some ref crews just do a good job of not being hypercritical and calling every single infraction. I'd rather have a crew like that over the ones that flag both teams consistently over the most miniscule of errors.

Also, to move Kareem you have to bring in a legit #2. I don't see Jason Allen as that guy. Kareem has his strengths... tackling, and his simple one-on-one coverage has improved... the ball instincts just aren't there yet. He did get his head turned around on the play yesterday where he swatted away the pass. Also, the other two catches were ultra-spectacular. It was one of his better coverage days, despite the highlights against him.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well like most it's disappointing. Texans could/should have easily won that game. It's just incredible to think that with 4 turnovers (one on the doorstep of the texans goalline) and a missed FG, that the texans still had a chance to win that game.

Jacoby...Right before he fielded that punt I made a comment to the people we were with, "i'm surprised he hasn't had a turnover in a while".:eek: Completely idiotic. Honestly, even though that play was early in the game, I really think it cost the texans the game. It was a complete momentum shifter.

Yates, he showed he's a rookie. He throws to what the play call was and doesn't throw to the coverage.

Walter...easy drop early and still not sure what he was thinking on that hail mary. It was like he wasnt even thinking about catching the ball. He should have caught that.

I couldn't hear the TV announcers but i assume Dierdork was knob slopping the ravens while giving the texans no respect?

I'm pumped for next year. Superbowl or bust and I think it's theirs for the taking.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Had a similar moment yesterday - can't deny that I'm fully married to this franchise at this point. Kudos McNair, we're all in.

Good point made - the officiating yesterday was good (Boldin out of bounds catch aside)

And yes, Kareem can be hidden, but we need at least one more strong DB (nickel) to do so. I don't think that guy is on the roster (Allen, McCain, Harris, Carmichael, McManis). Honestly, Nolan is the only reserve DB I have much confidence in. Stinks that we seem to draft at a 7% hit rate with them.

He wasn't unbearable. I didn't think he was bad or obvious.

15. mario713

mario713 Rookie

ANYBODY GET THE POST GAME INTERVIEW WITH RAY LEWIS? WHAT DID HE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ARIAN FOSTER???

16. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Once again my prediction came true.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Does anyone have a video of that Hail Mary to Jacoby/Kevin Walter?

18. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Great game by the texans... they were underdogs and played really well
    - i knew it was going to be tough because both our teams are similar and i predicted that we may lose if the bad flacco shows up
    - luckily jacoby and yates stink so we pulled out a win
    - ravens WILL beat the Pats... GO RAVENS

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree with Max, this team finally grabbed me.

And you know what is kind of cool? Even though the Texans lost, I would rather be in their position than the Ravens going into next year.

The Texans are going to be stacked, and the Ravens are starting to look really old on defense - I think with health the Texans will be Superbowl contenders if not favorites next year.

Wow - who would have thunk that?

DD

20. Franchize

Franchize Member

gtfo.