1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Divisional Playoff: Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2012.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

He looks old as dirt but I was impressed today.

2. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

ohh yeah i forgot he's hurt lol

1 person likes this.
  3. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

He is old but still pretty damn good. If he hadn't gotten his hands on the ball on that hail mary, Walter probably catches it for a tie game

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Note to media: Suggs didn't play bad, Duane brown played very well.

5. what

what Member

If the texans had eli manning, they'd win the superbowl this year with the team that they have.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Our defense is superbowl caliber. The fact that we should have won this makes it sting even more.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I'm pissed, yet I'm happy for this team. The defense was an absolute beast today, and with the exception of Jacoby Jones the team played hard! Yates' 3 int's ended up being the killer, IMO though, the Jacoby-dropter was the killer for this game. The momentum shift alone was just gut wrenching.

Like I said, I'm very happy with this team, and this season. Next year with some key FA signings, the offense has to get better. Another WR is needed desperately. ON D, if they ad some pieces WOW! They are gonna be scary good.

All in all, good deal. GO TEXANS!

P.S. - Make Jacoby walk home.

8. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Eli is a very good QB.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Ed Reed reminds me of a street bum, lol. Like someone you would see on Bum Fights. He's still a good player though.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

And walk home backwards! :p

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

how many "almost interceptions" did yates throw?

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

You're too nice.. I'd say open up the door at 35 thousand feet.

13. everyday eddie

Also just to think if Rackers makes the field goal, ughh so close.

14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

This team is still fairly young, I know there isn't sure things in the NFL but the with the defense we have we should be playoff bound at least the next 3 or 4 seasons. Matt Schaub will get his chance and I doubt he would throw 3 picks in 1 game

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

our offense just died out in the 2nd half of the game even though our defense played their best. i mean stopping them INCHES away from a touchdown! you can't do any better than that.

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Thought we brought our A-game defensively. Obviously 3 INT's hurts big-time and Jacoby's ****ups were well-documented. Meh. Had a lot of opportunities to take the lead too and just too many 3 and out's for this team.

Still a helluva ride though. Yates might not be the starting QB, but he did lead us to our 1st ever playoff win.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

to think this game could have been ours 16-13 (made field goal, no jacoby goofups)

18. what

what Member

Why do head coaches look so awkward when they throw the challenge flags? They eye the spot they want to throw it, then they look around to see if it is okay, and then toss is feebly in the most strange fashion to the ground. As if they don't know exactly what they are supposed to do with that flag.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ya and for a stretch in the 2nd half he was getting stuffed... people complaining about the play calling are just ripping on kubes (which believe you me, i am usually a part of). but this isn't on kubes. inexperienced qb and boneheaded PR is what did us in.

definitely thought they should've given arian a touch on that final drive, though.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

At least 3. In the first half, there was the pass over the middle that Ray Lewis almost intercepted and AJ had to play defense on. Then there was a pass down the left sideline (to Walter I think) where he underthrew it and Reed dropped it. Then there was the pass to the endzone on the TD drive and Reed also dropped.