1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Divisional Playoff: Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2012.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His price tag just went up

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Obviously mistakes did us in. The game was very winnable, makes it sting a little more. Jacoby's muff killed early momentum. Yates rookie mistakes showed up, but can you really expect more from a 5th round rookie playing as few games as he did?

It hurts, but I'm very proud of the team. I really feel we were good enough to make it to the superbowl, we just needed to play mistake free football. Defense was LARGE.

Hopefully we can resign Foster and the team stays healthy next year. Hard to tell what's going to happen from year to year in this league but I'm hopeful.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Someone already mad a gif???
    Does Jones have a website? an email? I need him to know how much I hate him.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

One of the first plays of the game.

We forced them on a 3 and out, and Ravens had to punt. Jacoby let's the ball bounce which is fine, just run away from it, but he didn't. He tried to get fancy and catch it on the bounce, and bobbles it, One the Ravens tackle him down, and another Raven recovers it at the five. It leads to a touchdown.

Mo swinger.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Or he tried fielding it.

6. Rockets_Texans

im soooo ready for next year. Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Mario Williams, JJ Watt, Johnathan Joseph, Antonio Smith, Brooks Reed, DeMeco Ryans, etc.

oh yea and Wade Phillips (please dont go)

Overall Texans played great this year. The only ONE mistake that cost us the season was Jacoby Jones. Please dont make those kinds of mistake again next year

Next Year is the TEXANS YEAR

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So do I post his addy from the publicly available Appraisal District website?

8. xAliceInChains

Spin it however you want, Jones lost this game. It's so unfortunate for someone to bear that much weight, but its the truth.

9. gatsby

gatsby Member

He should be. I was. For a stretch he was getting 9 yards/carry.

10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

With the Texans out, I think I would like to see San Francisco or New York win. I'm tired of the
    same 4-5 teams in the title games, that's why I was happy when the steelers lost.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

One benefit out of this is that I can finally shave this stubble off my face.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They were calling plays for him up until the Ravens went on that drive that took the clock under 3 minutes. Then we pretty much had to go into pass only mode.

13. TheresTheDagger

I honestly could care less.

Probably another Green Bay or New England in the SB. Maybe both.

Whoop dee doo....

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmNTAvnSais" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

That Ed Reed injury looked bad, that would be ashame if he couldn't play next week he's a he'll of a player

16. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

Punter also from draft or a free agent! JJ and Turk cost the game.

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

has Kubiak failed this team again? why is giving matt schaub plays to tj yates? they're completely different players, if Kubiak was gonna call those plays, he might as well have put in jack delhomme. seriously wtf? 24 seconds left and we throw a long a ball? #nonsensicalkubiaktime

18. Jim Pankovitz

Jim Pankovitz Member

another internet tough guy. I guess I can waste a few minutes entertaining a r****ded monkey like you.

why were we in the gun on the 2nd to last series? If we wanted to throw it we could have gone play action. That's on the coaches.

why were we throwing deep with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts? The QB should be clear on what NOT to do in that situation. He did exactly what you can't do and that is also on the coaches.

Why. on offense , were we playing like morons at the end? Coaching

Why is Jacoby Jones still allowed to touch the football? Hasn't he sucked for years? Yep, thats right, COACHING.

Is this the first time we have lost almost solely because of Kubiak being an idiot? Is it the second time? Is it the 10th time?

Any Kubiak backer at this point is nothing but a dumbass who has an agenda. No way in hell you can take this guy as a serious coach and/or game tactician. He sucks and always has. The Texans got to the playoffs because of the defense. The offense was terrible and the playcalling when Shaub was here was just as bad.

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I think Hartmann is solid. If he's healthy, we don't need to get a punter.

20. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Remember our punter got injured...Turk was signed off the scrap heap....