1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 12, 2011.

1. adboy

adboy Member

mahinimi finally gets his ring lol. seriously congrats to dallas

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If you told me a year ago that Trey Parker would win a Tony Award, Trent Reznor would win an Oscar, and the Mavericks would win the NBA Title. I would have laughed in your face.

3. choujie

choujie Member

And don't forget Cuban. He's overpaying some players and it pays big time. Dallas's bench and depth destroy opponents.

A GM is good when he can get a 4 mil level player for just 3 mil. But an own who is willing to pay 7 mil for a 5 mil level player is always better.

Morey might be better GM than Dallas's GM, but Cuban>> Les as an owner.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Oh please, Cuban overpaid washed up players for years. Made stupid trades (Jamison, Harris, Walker, etc), Dampier extension, Caron Butler? Yeah he sure contributed.

He got lucky that the West powerhouses crumbled up (SA, LA) and Lebron choked on the big one.

5. choujie

choujie Member

Come on, His team has been up there for many years. They just could never find a real defensive center in the middle until this year.

Dampier signing actually is a perfect example. Yes it didn't pan out, but it was clearly a nice effort by Cuban to make the team better. And The blue chip does contribute to this year's winning in the end.

Dallas can withstand trading away talents because they have a lot of those,overpaid or not. On the other hand, what Les has to offer to get a top level talent if he's available? Half a team for a super star isn't going to make it a contender immediately.

You can't question Cuban's effort here. Had his team been treated fairly in 2006, this might be his 2nd Championships already.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Jason Kidd has long been one of my favorite players. He became SO passive on offense in recent years, almost like he was trying to prove a point. But still a solid floor game.

Dirk, meh. I've never had near the level of hate that guys have for him. He's a nice guy, but he's just whatever.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm glad the series is over, so that I can go back to hating on the Mavs. I almost feel dirty, having had to root for them only because they were playing the more hated Heat.