1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Diamondbacks @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Interesting to put him in the 2 spot right away.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Gomez was acquired to prevent guys from getting pegged.

Our chance of getting in a brawl went up 75%

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

That's the right spot. What will be really interesting is when Springer comes back and Hinch has Springer, Altuve, Correa, Gomez to mingle together in some order.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would personally go

Altuve
    Correa
    Gomez
    Springer

Two best guys get on and you have two identical hitters who has mammoth power and good OPS.

5. TOP

TOP Member

Hit city on paper compared to some of the batting averages we've been fielding. I hope Gomez, Springer and Lowrie bringing in their batting averages which are higher than the guys they're replacing stay up above .260 at least.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

reminds me of the righty heavy top-of-lineups of '95-'96 after we got Bell. Not that they match up 1:1 or anything

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

For his first game? Especially for a guy who hits much better at his former home park than the road. I would have tested him a little later in the order first. Let him get used to the team.

But what do I know?

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Maybe he hits one in the Crawford boxes in his first at-bat? ;)

9. Buck Turgidson

His first HR as an Astro will be his 100th career homer, hope he does it at MMP. Preferably tonight.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There's a medical emergency at MMP about six rows from the Astros dugout that looks very bad.</p>&mdash; Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/627263320735772672">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very scary scene at Minute Maid Park. Six rows behind the Astros dugout, a fan is on the ground. From afar, It appears CPR being performed.</p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/627261969817563136">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#50 J.R., Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  11. TOP

TOP Member

So excited about the future of the Astros their body couldn't handle it.

Buy seriously, it's not funny. I'm hoping the best for him and hope we can hear a positive update. I feel for his family right now and hope they just passed out. Sounds like it's most likely more serious than that so I feel from as well. He'll be on my mind throughout the night til we hear an update.

12. HookemHorns1250

Ugh, I hope the fan turns out to be OK. Horrible news.

13. TOP

TOP Member

So ready for this game to kick off! Few minutes away.

Let's beat these NL punks down for having to move to the AL and not them. Given our success, I'm not unhappy about it and will be content playing in the AL West going forward. But... I live about 4 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from St. Louis so I hated both of this teams and the fans around me since the majority are fans of one or the other. No going to Astros on a whim since the distance now to see them requires advanced planning and more money. Anyways, Diamondbacks are still fairly new in terms of a franchise and are even closer than we are to all of the teams in the AL West. Yet, we were strong-armed in moving when the team was sold. Selig made it a requirement for anyone who bought the team which I think is absolute b.s. Especially since he moved his p.o.s. Brewers over to the NL and made sure his baby stayed there. We got the shaft in the move. Like I said, I'm happy the team is winning now but I'm going to miss the Cubs/Cardinals rivalries and the short distance to their fields to watch the Stros against two teams I hate.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I love Gomez already.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Gomez was awfully excited about that routine fly ball.

16. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

I'm with you--there was always this great, smug sense of satisfaction when we beat up on the Cards and Cubs back in the NL days for me. I hated Edmonds.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

please stros...

obliterate rubby

18. HookemHorns1250

Wow, struck out Goldy.

Nice quick first for Feldman.

19. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

lol de la rosa takes forever to pitch

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member