1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Dawg Pound" Fan Group Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

"YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK! YOU SUUUCK! YOU SUUUUUUUCK!"

/Kurt Angle

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

That would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken, can you get us some discounts on the March 18th game? That'll be a huge game so we could really pump up the joint.

If not a discount, how about a pre-party where one of the players could briefly stop by?

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Me and the wife will be in section 101 row E on Friday, any chance we could a couple?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Red Rowdies because it sounds like some infamous group of gunfighters who goes in and busts up saloons.

They are marauders who raise hell.

I just don't get the child-like reference. Anyway the t-shirts look awesome. I am tempted to figure out a time for a trip down to Texas to attend a game so I can get one of those t-shirts.

I will then wear that t-shirt to a game in Los Angeles next season, or maybe this year in the playoffs.

I am pumped just knowing that a group of Raucus Red Rowdies will be sitting in the Red Alert section cheering the Rockets on the way they deserve to be cheered.

Great idea, and great job carrying the thing out. If it ends up being something other than Red Rowdies, I will still support it because it is the spirit that counts. I just think rowdy is a good word to describe the enthusiasm and spirit of the venture.

Just keep up the good work no matter what.

5. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

I'm completely up for the Clutchfans to get all crazy and stuff but I think it needs to be a little more exclusive because eventually there's gonna be too many bandwagons and that will make it so much less special.

6. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I don't really think that's a bad thing. As long as they cheer and support the Rockets. That's really all that matters. The Rockets need more people off their seats cheering them on.

7. AJMouse3

AJMouse3 New Member

Are we gonna do this again for the Sixers game on the 1st, too??

I am hoping to go to the game tomorrow and experience this "rowdy sensation" :D

what do i need to do to get these seats??

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

check the beginning of this thread or the other thread that initially was talking about doing this, there are phone numbers and email addresses of the ROckets rep to call to request the Red Alert Section seats.

9. krosfyah

I've got the # handy.

Call Brian Hopkins
    brianh@rocketball.com

see you there!

10. AJMouse3

AJMouse3 New Member

Alright!! thanks a lot krosfyah! :)

11. Shohoku79

Shohoku79 Contributing Member

This is my first post in the forums. Browsed through the BBS for a while as one of the Guests and was a beneficiary of the hook up for the discounted tickets. So I decided to contribute and signed up yesturday.

I was at the Warriors game with my buddy last Friday. We are the two Asian guys sitting to the right of the "R." It was a very exciting experience. I haven't seen the fans this excited since the Championship years. BTW. This was the first home game that we went to that the Rockets won (making it 1-9 for us this season).

The difference between this game and the 9 other games we went to is definitely the fans around us. Though it was not completely silent, but they definitely seemed so in comparison to section 101 that night. It was truly amazing. (Like someone else have posted here, I'd like to think that the 50% FT shooting by the Warriors was due largely to the Clutchfans crowd :))

People came up with some very good names for this section. Though it was not a pretty win, it definitely was much more enjoyable than most of the other games I've been to in the past (win or lose) just because of how much the fans got into it to make some noise, breaking the silence for the others to join in. How about:

Silence Killers

Thanks again for the hookup, Clutchfans.

12. krosfyah

Welcome aboard Shokoku.

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ok.... can someone PLEASE make a summary of this thread? i've just kinda skimmed through. i was definitely planning on getting a seat behind the basket tomorrow, but i'd rather sacrifice the view by sitting with fellow clutchfan mems. the thing is that section 101 is kinda big as you can see below...

[​IMG]

soooo....

1. is everybody going to be in the maroon, red, blue, or purple section on the picture above (and what rows)?

2. will everybody be able to get a t-shirt?

3. what is the discounted price... if any?

4. is this section available for the game tomorrow (wednesday)?

i may come with a bootleg "rowdy" shirt if there aren't enough available. :)

i'd like to purchase asap... i've only been to about four games earlier this season. not sure how tix have been selling since they've been playing "better than usual" lately. don't want to miss out on getting one.

edit: or maybe a sticky for just the details. this is cool. seem like it could be an ongoing thing that bbs mems will continue to get involved in.

#153 OmegaSupreme, Feb 28, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  14. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

That I can do :p (coughsickdaycough)

Dave, you saw nothing.

15. GRENDEL

The section was in the Blue portion last Friday. I think the section is available everygame and I think he mentioned that everyone sitting there will get a shirt.

16. OmegaSupreme

thanks, gren. also... i saw that i need to call the box office and just mention the "rowdies" or something. all the games that i've gone to i've always sat alone (probably because i'm a horrible conversationalist), but i think that i'd be cool to sit with some "internet friends" and call each other by our member names (like i did with our bus stop stalker team). :D

look forward to seeing others out tonight.

17. GRENDEL

Give Brian a call and let him know your with ClutchFans and would like to sit in the fan section

Call Brian Hopkins
    brianh@rocketball.com

18. OmegaSupreme

k. :)

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

My suggestion that's site specific:

We should have a sticky thread for each home game to do a ClutchFan roll call for the Red Alert section. That way people can coordinate with each other and know who to expect.

Otherwise, it's kind of hard to just wish that others will be there, and this thread is getting pretty long as it is.

My suggestion is that someone that's going tonight should start it for tonight, and then maybe in the future it could become a regular feature of some kind. (if Clutch deems it worthwhile of course. Obviously the Rockets aren't paying him for all this free publicity/revenue)

20. krosfyah

That's a great idea. This thread is just too long. And the game thread gets too unwieldy too.

We could post pre or post meetup spots.

We could post ideas about what to do at the game links chants, signage, shirts, noise makers, etc.