1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Dawg Pound" Fan Group Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Red Alert is a winner imo.

Red Alert calls to mind the air raid sirens...which could easily be used when you want to draw the crowds attention to that section.

Rowdies is fine for the fans...that is what they are...that is what you expect folks to be when they sit in that section.

I dont see it happening this year...but by next year the buzz needs to be created among the fanbase to let them know that if you sit in the areas behind the baskets...you need to be "A Rowdie"

BEst case scenario at first will be to get the hardcore fans into those sections and let them know they are part of something special..the best of the best so to speak.

An unfortunate problem that this place incurs...there aint many rich people here..alot of us are either college stupdents or guys with families and committments..we attend games as often as we can...but there is very little way that we can make more than a third of all home games without incurring debt and/or divorce.

andymoon

Im tryin to see what I can scam as far as some tix for Wed..if I can get them..you are first on the list for one of them....the question is...can we move from where those would be in the lower bowl and sit with the Rowdies with a minimum of hassle?(this question actually applies to any game)

Ken,
    say for example someone has lower bowl seats already, be they season tix or already purchased ones thru a pack of some sort, how difficult would it be to transfer your existing seat to the Red Alert section? This is a theoretical question since I dont have either, but I do have some contacts in corporate world that I get tix from sometimes.

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Sweet tshirt Ken! I can't wait for the game.

While I like Red Alert, what is that in singular form. I can't go to anybody and tell them that I'm an "alert." :) But I can tell folks that I am a "Rowdie."

C'com folks, who else is gonna be there.

Plus we need some chants or something.

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Autographed T-shirts for the Red Alert fans. It costs nothing from the team to sign some shirts, it is a draw to get an autograph from a Rockets Player.

Something personalized by T-mac or Yao on a T-shirt about Red Alert would fill the stands.

A Red Alert Party Lounge before 1 or 2 games with a player meet and greet or something?

Pictures with Power Dancers and Clutch.

Some kind of sound system cue for the Red ALert folks to do a chant or something.

I don't know, there are lots of things the Rockets could do that don't include discounts to make people want to go.

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Sweet idea. This would totally get people pumped up!

Pics w/ Power dancers should be a given. ;)

5. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

i like the idea of having the section be called Red Alert, especially with some loud air raid sirens going off when the team needs a lift

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

K-Dawg,

What are some allowed noise makers can we bring into the arena? Would it be cool to bring air horns, cowbells, bikini posters, etc.?

Some of the stuff I see when trying to distract free throws is pretty lame. Whatever the prop is, it needs to be distributed to every fan so they can wave it. Currently, it's usually 1 or 2 fans out of the 100 that waves the prop.

By the way, what is a Cameron Crazy?

#126 Rockets34Legend, Feb 28, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

If you wanna pull an "1836", call them the Red Sun.

Seriously, if you won't use Alert or Rocket Fuel, don't use Rowdies. :(

Doesn't really affect me, but...it reminds me of this: [​IMG]

If not the others, why not Red Rush, Red Flare, Red Burst, Red Planet or even Red Rage? Red Alert is the best; Fuel is a close second.

But why the extreme urge to name each "member"? Sure someone can be a Cameron Crazy, but no one ever refers to them as such. Same with Dawg Pound in Cleveland...what is each member??? A dog??

Like others, I just think it's amazingly silly to name each member as a rowdy. If anything I almost feel it makes visiting fans laugh and not take the section seriously. Might as well call them the Rough Redders or the Red Riot, heh.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Thanks...

Entirely likely as long as we keep it on the down low...oops. ;)

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The Duke basketball fans (students) that virtually any section like this are emulating.

I'd again vote for the shirts to say Red Alert, if only for the simple reason that it's the only name (section) that there's something of a consensus on. For every person that likes one name for the fans (Rowdies, Crazies), there's another that hates it. We'll figure out what to call fans eventually, but I doubt it will be in the next 24 hours.

Evan

10. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

K-Dawg,

I heard that Mark Cuban fills in the $200 seats with real fans all the time.. or at least sells them for much cheaper, that's why Dallas is so much louder than we are..

Do you know anything about how Dallas does it?

11. Silk

Silk Member

What about
    redC
    so we can have a reference to clutch fans.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Where will those Tees be available?

13. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

That's simple. You're not an "alert". You're just a "lert". ;)

I vote calling that the Red Alert section. I don't like the name Rowdies. Surely we can come up with something better?

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

This is probably an early request, but any chances for March 18th for the Spurs game? Thats probably the best chance of me going to the game along with my cousins.

15. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I have my noise makers ready and my voice is back.

Time to give an "F" to The Answer!

16. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Contributing Member

I'll have them at the game for everyone in the section.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I like:

"Miss That Shot" during the shot and

"You suck" after the miss.

:D

18. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The best way to get the rest of the crowd standing up, cheering and having fun with yall is to make it so great that they will feel stupid for sitting with their hands in their laps.

Trust me I am in the Toyota Center all the time getting rowdy and the only way people around me get fired up is if they feel they are missing something.

I have called people out and it just does not work.

The good news is we are being proactive and there are lots of good ideas out there so keep it up!

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I went to a game last week and this woman was screaming in our section at different times and then immediately apologizing to everyone around her. It freaked me out. I was thinking, "Why the hell do you have to apologize at a game???"

The loudest cheers all night were during the crab race and the t-shirt toss. Nice.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

That date would be great.

A Saturday...so no exucses about work and the such

AND

Im avaialble...its midmonth so Im not on call...and it is after all the bills have been paid so I can try to scrape up some spare cash.

AND

It is against one of our longtime rivals.