1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Dawg Pound" Fan Group Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2006.

1. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

Hey can you pu the "Rowdies" like more behind the hoop or mid court so we can be more visible and more heard.

2. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I have upper bowl season tix. Any chance that I would be able to upgrade to the clutchfans section for the rest of the season. Of course at some cost, hopefully minimal :)

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i'm always down for any game that I'm off (Fri/Sat), but have to go on the discount games cause I'm a broke in between semesters student :(

4. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Contributing Member

Call Brian. I'm sure he can upgrade you but at the regular price difference. For individual games, however, be at the game early, wear Rox gear, and act rowdy and you've got a good shot of being upgraded. We upgrade about 10-15 fans a night.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Are they still discounted? I live out of town but would make it down a lot more (In college station) if yall still had the discounts regulary, or for set games. Since it costs me in gas money to get down there, and any discount would be awesome.

I would love to be there feeding energy to the TC. I went to a number of games back in Christmas break. To me, the thing that can make this happen with more people being rowdie would be discounts, since I am a college student with not a lot of funds coming in. (I normally purchase seats in the upper bowl.....semi nose bleeds) I always get strange looks from other fans around me because of how much I yell/scream like Defense etc, even though I'm so far up and back from the court.

Oh, and welcome to the board. :)

EDIT: Oh, and the T-Shirt thing is awesome. I'll be decked out in my Rockets stuff already, but it doesn't hurt to have a tshirt. I can use it as a rally towel.

#25 Uprising, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  6. K-Dawg

Brian can be reached at (7) 758-7455.

7. K-Dawg

I wish I could...I really do....but I can't. And it's not my decision. What I can control, is providing added value to the section like Tees, features on the video board, and maybe, I'm working on it, some access to player visits after the game.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Welcome aboard K-dawg,

Me and the wife were there on Friday and it was louder, excluding the playoffs, in all the games we've been to in the last 3 years.

I think the discount would be attract a consistent group and lots of camera time ala Friday nite.

It was nice to here the TC rocking during a tight game.

Driving down from Dallas this friday for another game and I hope it's just as loud

9. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Hey K-Dawg.

I had a blast Friday and look forward to going to every game that ClutchFans can get out to. My voice is still recovering today. That was the best atmoshere I've seen yet at Toyota Center for a game, and I got to meet a buch of great people. The discount would help me best to get to the games, because I usually can only afford the nosebleeds. I really like the name "Red Alert", it seems to fit the style of the team, and it doubles as a rally cry to get everyone else in the arena involved in the game. I actually liked Section 101, but after the Half when GS was going away from us, it felt like the wind left our sails a bit. Maybe when more people do it, there could be sections on both sides.

At the end of the game, we actually had a few fans from other sections come over and thank us and give high-fives saying we made the game for them, it felt reallly good to help the team that way. I can't wait to do it again.

Edit: Player visits would kick A$$.

10. Subliminal Shot

Subliminal Shot Contributing Member

Welcome K-Dawg!

To address your direct questions... Idea's feasibly realized by you:

1. Do ya'll have control over the announcer? Assuming ya'll do, maybe having him do a shout out to the enthusiastic rockets fans (Red Alert section) by telling them to sound the alarm! or something like that during specific moments of the game... What do ya'll think?

2. discount fros (basically having the fans cover the cost so while it wouldn't cost the rockets anything, everyone would still benefit.. including rockets.

3. Maybe having the rockets have a signal... (other than the obvious waiving hands up in the air) to signal sounding the alarm) Reasoning: Fans strongly react to player acknowledgement of them. (player prerecordings on the jumbotron don't cut it... It's all about being live and in the moment.) One possibly hard obstacle to this is... JVG is so focused that, while I don't think he'd be against it, I don't think he'd push for players having anything else on their mind but the opponent. But it might be enough for the signal to just be mentioned to the key players in passing or maybe having one of our perennial bench players initiate it.

By the way, an encouraging Rockets fan observation: I just moved to NY and at the Rockets/Knicks game in the garden had more people wearing Rockets fan gear than Knicks fan gear.. I was laugh hard about it. Much props on the marketing in that department. My nieces danced at the Jazz game halftime show and the parents were going crazy all over the stadium.. lol I think everyone cheer more for the kids than the players oddly... But the garden had meaningful halftime shows... that impressed the crowd... not stunts.. and stuff.. but meaning full.. cool.. and motivating stuff.

Some Ideas, live video feed from china on the jumbotron with fans cheering in China watching the game (and different parts of the world). Injured or Inactive players giving speeches to the children in attendance. Maybe have some Rockets representative come out on the mike and announce a plan to cheer something specific in the second half or something. (I really liked what ya'll did a while back with the Chinese word for defense or something like that a few years ago... the crowd sooooo rallied around that cheer.) By the way, I'm white, not Chinese, i just enjoy celebrating diversity so please don't think my post has a bias other than being a rockets fan!!

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's cool, so does that mean yall aren't going to have anymore dicounted nights? I wasn't asking for it to last all season. I'd just like to know if you guys have some planned days in advance.

Thanks for all the extra work yall have done. It's awesome to hear that place is louder now, and getting more exciting. I felt like an idiot being the only person up and screaming at the games I went to i December.

12. K-Dawg

I agree about the second half. And I would LOVE to get to the point where we can do both sides. It's too bad GS chose to defend the basket on the north end in the first half because it's definitely more impactful when we can be yelling "defense" at them on our side in the fourth quarter.

I like the name "Red Alert". Also like "Rocket Fuel" - as in we're providing energy for the TC and the players. But I also like the Rowdies, 'cause it's light and not TOO serious. I'm open. Maybe we can do a poll to decide.

13. K-Dawg

We will definitely have T-Gray do announcements about the section. We can do that EVERY game. We can supply the fros. I'll pay for them myself if that's what it'll take to get you guys out to the games.

14. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

free beer :D

15. K-Dawg

We may do it again but I want this to be something that happens all the time. The Dawg Pound is there every game. The Cameron Crazies are there every game.

16. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

I'll fly in from Phoenix for this.

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

K-Dawg,

It is good that you guys are upgrading people from upstairs. But here at Clutchfans are your die-hard fans. I think everybody here is really excited about this idea. I think you'll get great showings when you can foster a group of folks showing up ...rather than just saying come one and come all. Having an open invitation doesn't really get people excited about showing up.

If you can create some buzz a few days in advance (be it price discounts, autograph sessions, giveaways, whatever), then folks here will rally around and show up en mass and it'll be a party like atmosphere.

18. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Thats a great idea and fans usually listen. An anounced cheer or a game plan for the fans behind the basket to follow like singing something or moving together a certain way. That can really opposing players off and the fans will have fun doing it.

19. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Thanks, I will give him a call. I appreciate it, lets get TC loud!

20. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

On a more serious note, I think this is an excellent idea all around. I think it's great that the Rockets are trying to reward participation and enthusiasm in the fan base.