1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

tickets are cheap as hell to this game. I’m guessing the entire year will be like this.

TejasTom likes this.
  2. csj

csj Member

Look who's talking.

I find it interesting what you've assumed I was calling ironic. You making a point on the false narrative was not what I referring to as it is not ironic, only racist and disingenuous.

No, what is ironic is:

a) staging your own "protest" of the NFL and blaming it on the players.
    b) choosing to lead with your stated distaste for politics in sports as a means on injecting your own politics.
    b) blaming coaches and players for injecting politics when it was the President that did so.
    d) Claiming to be a "life-long Democrat" while taking a racist position which you have subsequently defended.​

Frankly, not one bit of your post should be taken at face value as it is one big cesspool of irony. Also, it needs to be made clear that the players have not united over the original issue, as if that were the case it would have happened long ago, but rather over the President's choice to inject politics in order to convert it into one of his distracting wedge issues. Also, in the Texans' case, McNair's choice to make inarticulate statements in support of the President's position. Many players feel forced now to choose sides and kneeling isn't the wrong side.

It's one thing to object to players using a stage that is not theirs to protest but it's entirely another for the President of the United States to call them SOB's for doing so and call for their firing. You don't have to hold racist views to object to the original protest, although you do, but you have to be an ass to ignore what the issue has evolved to.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. csj

csj Member

This sounds like you, "always supportive" until there's something you don't like. Pot calling the kettle black. If you don't like the politics, place the blame where it's deserved, not on the players.

5. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

I expect today's game to be like the worst hangover you've ever had.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually Gurriel said pretty much the same thing I said, he knew from his time playing in Japan that they didn't like it, but he didn't really mean anything by it. He was embarrassed by the way it was received and he apologized for it and it simply wasn't a big deal.

Absolutely there was. It was done specifically to be disrespectful to the owner of the team and it was done despite knowing that a large portion of the country considers it disrespectful to the country.....and there was no apology for it. Even worse, there's a "F*ck you" attitude to those who suggest that an apology is necissary. That's what sets it aside from the Gurriel issue. One was done specifically to be disrespectful, wanting everyone to see the disrespect, and there was no apology for being disrespectful. The other wasn't meant to be seen, wasn't meant to really be disrespectful in that it was meant more as a joke, and there was immediate embarrassment for having done it and a heart felt apology for potentially offending people.

It's why the Astros are a team full of players that Houston can be proud of and the vast majority of the players on the Texans are a complete embarrassment to the city and the franchise.

deb4rockets and DwangBoy like this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Any news on Dylan Cole’s return?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess we see it differently. Blame who you want, or side with who you want, but don't ever say I didn't support my team since year 1, Believe me, there was plenty I didn't like through the years, but I rooted and cheered for the Texans. I got sick of all the politics. That is the only reason I don't watch now. I never agreed with protesting the anthem, and it is no pot calling the kettle black issue. If it doesn't bother you, or you like it, well enjoy. I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Deshaun Watson who kneeled has done more to make the city and country proud than 99% of those complainers about kneeling who sit on their ass and do nothing. Watson has helped build homes, he has become a role model for children all around the country. If you want to call Watson an embarrassment to the city go ahead but it wont make you look like less of an idiot.

And finally if you have such an issue with the players then why keep watching the team? Just quit. Trust me your football takes will not be missed here.

10. musketoon

musketoon Member

Bold prediction: Savage gets savage and goes something like 28/40 330 yds 3td's. Everyone is excited talking playoffs etc. Rest of his season is worse than mediocre. Finishes with more INT's than TD's.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Savage and Davenport, this could get ugly quick

red5rocket, donkeypunch and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So smart.

They will obviously have someone out there to help him, but I love this move.

13. Commodore

Braxton another healthy scratch?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

#114 J.R., Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Damn...lol

16. Commodore

Lamar Miller up the middle baby!

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Our run game sucks with Savage back there.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Watching Savage play after a couple months of Watson... This is torture.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Our offense already looks like trash LOL.

20. showa13

showa13 Member

The offense is just not the same