1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, that was pretty much a non-issue and certainly nothing on par with how the vast majority of the Texans' players embarrassed themselves and the city last week.

With the Gurriel issue, not even Yu Darvish cared about it and just about everyone knew that there was no malice intended in the gesture. You'd have to be absolutely the most sensitive SJW in the world to get worked up about something that mundane.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

We get it. You want us to know that you're upset about players kneeling. No one really cares. If you don't care about the NFL anymore, why are you still posting? You claim to not watch football anymore, but you still post about it? Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to watch, just go away.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the definition that was being used was "something that destroys the false narrative that I choose to believe in", and he wouldn't be alone when it comes to people who use that definition of "fake news"

4. TheFreak

You're really mad that the Texans got Watson on BOB's watch, aren't you? You loved to blame BOB for all the personnel moves until Watson came along - now that doesn't really work out well for you, does it? You're now flailing away, trying to make sure we all pay attention to the predictably poor results that will surely befall a team built on an elite defense collapsing after catastrophic injuries.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. TheFreak

Not sure that's enough. Texans were favored by 13 right? I think it's more of a pick em at this point.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Heading to the game tomorrow, should be a great one :rolleyes:

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If we end up with 8-8 at the end of the season, it's a moral victory right there.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Oh really? Why did Yu Darvish call what Gurriel did wrong then? It is pretty much understood among everyone that his gesture was racist, whether he intended it to be or not. Go to Japan and start doing that crap and you'll get knocked out. Matter of fact go to any Asian community in the world and try doing that to them. Gurriel and Darvish handled it like men. He didn't make excuses like you are trying to do for him. Gurriel doesn't need your excuses, he already apologized.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. conquistador#11

please savage, make me like Texans football again. Watson was turning the entire u.s of a into watson only fans. Tuned into a show based in Chicago and people were calling sad. How the nfl's ratings are only going to go down more with the injury to our 'star'.

Still in disbelief. I haven't moved up on the stages of grief. I'm still in denial. who the f' would practice a day after the astros are world champions! F' you b.o.b, rick smith, mcnair and roger. nfl should have had a day off.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, there was malice intended in the gesture of the Texans kneeling? What planet are you from?

People are being ignorant to think that a group of guys kneeling is meant as disrespect to the country. There is no malice in their peaceful protest. The ones that are getting offended by it are the ignorant party. They're the same ones that are complaining that the players shouldn't have been offended by a simple idiom, ironically. Idiots.

Of course none of this should surprise us, coming from the guy that thought Kaepernick was just a tanned up ginger...

That being said, Go Texans! I hope Savage lights them up.

#92 Two Sandwiches, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    vinsensual, csj, Nimo and 1 other person like this.
  13. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

Radio: SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
    Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

Television:
    [​IMG]
    Anchorage AK (red) | Fairbanks (red) | AK Honolulu HI (blue)

Denver @ Philadelphia Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (red)
    Baltimore @ Tennessee Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (blue)
    Indianapolis @ Houston Greg Gumbel, Trent Green (green)
    Cincinnati @ Jacksonville Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (yellow)
    NO GAME due to local team at home on FOX (grey)

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: John Parry

Uniform Combination: Steel Blue Jerseys / Liberty White Pants

Weather: 79° F [​IMG] Partly Cloudy
    Full Weather: Link

Roof: Closed

Parking:
    Platinum Lot Opens: 7:00 AM
    All Other Parking Lots Open: 8:00 AM
    [​IMG]

Pregame & Halftime Information

Flag Holders: Service members from the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard Homefield Advantage Captain: Secretary James Baker III
    National Anthem: United States Air Force Singing Sergeants
    Color Guard: Oversized United States shaped flag held by service members as well as the Presentation of Colors by all five branches of the military
    Coin Toss Captain: 41st President of the United States, President George H.W. Bush
    Halftime: United States Air Force Singing Sergeants

Theme: Salute to Service Day (if you haven't already figured that out)

Projected Game MVP: Shane Lecher

Go Texans!

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ouch. That was...

savage

RasaqBoi, TejasTom and Two Sandwiches like this.
  15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I know Savage is a slow mofo, but we should at least try to run a similar offense today. Obviously he isn't going to run the ball, but the backfield motions and jet sweeps could still work. If nothing else it'll buy Savage time in the pocket. He can throw the ball and he is pretty accurate when he has time. That'll be the key to the rest of the season.

TejasTom and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think he'll have any time, unfortunately. Watson created time for himself with mobility. The OL is really bad.

17. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

They could use boots and roll outs to buy time.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

I usually park at Fannin South and ride the train in and that parking lot is $15, do you guys know if we park for the northbound is the light rail free?

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You tell me to go away, and maybe I should right now, until the politics crap has left the venues, and I actually want to watch the games again. It's hard not to care about the home town team, even if I am mad about what is going on in the NFL right now. But, at least until this year I was always supportive of our team, and didn't jump on and off the bandwagon like a lot of other people do. Fair weather fans are the ones who should just go away. They are the fake fans, who come out of nowhere, and crawl back to where they came from when the going gets bad.

TheFreak likes this.