1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2016.

1. RocketTOOL

RocketTOOL Member

The Texans players have no right to question the fans. I stopped watching after the first half, kept tabs periodically on Twitter. Just turned it back on for overtime. I'm one of the first to question overly negative fans, but even I have a breaking point. 15 years of lackluster play - sorry if we, as fans, get tired of watching crap. Great comeback and win though, just keep it going Texans.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Anyone notice that Jaelen Strong seems to just come up BIG against the Colts? I know it was only one catch last night, but it was the biggest one. And last year he caught the hail mary TD and the game winner at Indy. He is like TJ Yates to the Bengals against the Colts lol

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Bored at work, watching videos. You guys have to see this. Near the end of the video, Hopkins throws his gloves to a kid in the stands, he is hilariously excited, then Brock throws his towel in the stands TO THE SAME KID. What a lucky fan, It was awesome.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-med...nning-FG/b231ed6c-8a3d-4929-bb7b-51ab32738de1

Side note, this video is great, the players were REALLY happy, it was cool to see them celebrate the win, despite everyone saying how ugly the win was. Whether or not they should have been in that position, it was an EPIC comeback, and they had to feel pretty good.

5. Buck Turgidson

That's the exact moment I learned he was on the team.

houstonstime likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i;m only saying it's not an issue and the media is making it one by continously asking lazy questions look for a player to trip up and create drama.

agreed it's a non-issue but the media is trying to make it one. that's my point.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Only time when Brock and Hopkins have connected on something

houstonstime likes this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

ZINGER!! lol

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

They have the right to question the fans. Of course they didn't like it. The fans have the right to leave. They have lives outside of the Texans. No one is wrong here.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

All of his career touchdowns have come against the Colts. Three, I believe.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We are watching CJ become a really good catching tight end right before our eyes. Teams will have to game for him, which will open up so much for this offense.

Lamar Miller was on a mission last night. He ran the ball with a purpose. Something he wasn't doing in the previous games.

The offensive line was pretty darn good in both areas. We finally were able to get to the next level on our blocking.

Brock started off so darn bad the fans would boo him every time he missed his target. But oh boy he was on fire in the 4th and OT. You talk about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde .

Finally the coaches took my advice. Hahaha they put Hopkins in motion and put him stack formation that way he's not be jammed at the line of scrimmage.

Plus the creativity was much better.

Love it

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I mean it takes 10 hours, so I am sure some people put one on before they hit the road for the game. Food prep for the work week....Texan style.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Our fans are pretty terrible for the most part. A ton of fair weather types and front runners. They'll only fully support any team if they have a shot to win it all. Selling 72k tickets in a metro area of 6.5 million people isn't impressive even though that's what people always point to when the fans are criticized for being awful. All it takes is just over 1% of the population giving a damn and the game is sold out. Saying that the Texans have always had 2% support in Houston isn't impressive and doesn't mean they have good fans.

Anyway, what matters is that the Texans won.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Texans need to sign Antonio Cromartie

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It was a luck win, but every team needs one of those, which will turn the team into another direction. Offensive calls in the first three Q were so simple, until in the end of the game.

16. th3tak3ov3r

th3tak3ov3r Member

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think more importantly it looks like BOB finally realized that Lamar Miller isn't a between the tackles RB and he started using him to his strengths with outside runs and passes in space. Also, yeah, they are starting to use TE's more often. We have good pass catching TE's especially once Stephen Anderson gets back, we should use them a lot more.

Brock Osweiler is at his best when he's spreading the ball around the field (when he does so accurately) rather than just trying to force everything to Nuk when he's not open. If the Texans start getting it to Lamar Miller in space, hitting their TE's, and taking shots at their other WR's, it'll give Nuk some breathing room where he can hurt the other team.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Says the guy who disowned his baseball team behind an added batter in the lineup instead of a pitcher batting.

No surprise certain posters are hypocrites.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans move to the Arena League, I'll stop watching them too. I find it funny that you are still whining about that.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member