1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, I think Winston and Mariota were thought of as the best prospects at the college level, they just didn't enter the draft (not sure if Winston could've). And I think that would be the difference this time if Goff comes out. There wouldn't be more highly regarded college QBs who decided to remain in school. A closer parallel to two years ago would be if Goff and Jones stayed in school and the best QBs to enter the draft were Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg. In which case Cook = Bortles. Good QB with some upside, but not really #1 worthy.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

For obvious reasons I have another game to watch but hope my Texans pull this off. Game 1 should be done way before this game is over so Im hoping to tune in.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, nobody on Clutchfans matters enough or watches football closely enough to truly grasp what is taking place on the field...therefore, there is no reason for him to waste time talking about Mallett. We should all just go enjoy other sports.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't see any new information in your post, Guru.

5. rezdawg

Yeah, and that someone has continually botched the QB situation since taking over.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it's not that I know so much or that I'm a "guru", it's that you know so little that it seems that way by comparison. Seriously, the only thing you do here is troll....why do you bother?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And it's the same QB someone said would give us the best shot to tank last year.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Patrick Beverly makes $2 million less than Brewer and is more important. Brewer is NOT worth $8 million. Not to mention his contract could have kept Josh Smith from coming back. So yes it might have hampered the team. Mr. Clutch and I disagree on Joseph and Foster, I think those were good contracts because of their importance to the team. Cushing's deal is bad, but if he hadn't had the 2nd injury we wouldn't be saying that. Schaub's deal was bad. No argument there.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It was Orlovsky. And yeah that was a bad game, but it was in Indy where we've been cursed. Thursday's game is in Houston.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Rosencopter.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Actually it was a brilliant contract for Singleton. I understand why the Astros did it, but it was a gamble that has NOT paid off.

12. Major

Major Member

If you don't like what people discuss here, no one is making you participate.

13. rezdawg

Look at the NBA contracts that are being dished out as a result of the flood of money coming into the league. John Henson just signed a 4 year, 45 million dollar deal...for 18 minutes of action off the bench. There are about 20 other examples of very average players making just as much money this offseason. Brewer's deal, in comparison, is very good.

14. Major

Major Member

No, it's still a brilliant contract for the Astros - they eliminated all their upside cost-risk in exchange for seeing if Singleton would work out. If he doesn't, they lose pocket change. If he does, they get huge cost savings over 8 years. There's a reason they signed him to an 8 year deal and not a 1 or 2 year one.

15. Mr. Clutch

Fair enough, but overall the Texans contracts had a high degree of risk because they were a lot of money for older, injury prone guys.

We could have used some of that money for young free agents and maybe then we could have some cheap assets

Or heck just use our 8 draft picks on real picks

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh there's no question that there has been an influx of a lot of really stupid "hot takes" and trolling, but I'll ride it out. Just because there are only a few intelligent posters in this forum is no reason to abandon it entirely. A lot of the really bad posters are either outright trolls or fairweather fans whining that the weather isn't fair, they probably won't last.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Winston wasn't eligible. Mariota became a biggeer prospect during his heisman-winning season. Mariota made the right choice to play one more year at Oregon. But I see your point. We'll see how it plays out. Things change. Players start playing better. Some start playing worse. Injuries happen. Goff could be great but they need to work on improving the rest of the team as well.

18. Mr. Clutch

I'm just riding out the MOFs.

When Cleveland picks up Ryan Mallet in the off season I'll be happy to know that you will be BarkingHard.com's problem and not ours anymore.

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Hmmm... Texans game or Astros PLAYOFF game??

It's gonna be tough to decide which one i'll be concentrating more on.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, we'll be stuck with some trolls. Mr Clutch knows nothing at all about football, but for whatever reason he loves trolling the Texans forum. It's pretty pathetic, but what are ya gonna do?