1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The point is that the Texans still have a shot at winning the division, why go into tank mode already? I know some of the fanbase thinks that football is a one on one game played between QB's, but that's just not the case. When you still have a decent to good shot at making the playoffs, you don't go into talent evaluation mode.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is a "must" win, and it is possible. Got to get to Luck more than they got to Romo. The QB play has to be set at maximum, and Foster has to have another career day. No mistakes, come out firing, and never look back. A loss will be a downer because our chances in Indy are nil to none. This is likely "for the division." Prime time has not been kind to the Houston Texans. Time for a change.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Phil Simms nooooooooooooooooooo

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

35-17. The optimist in me says Texans. The realist says Colts.

Our next win happens the following Monday in Pittsburgh.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I am fearful that Crennel's "Bend but don't break" defensive philosophy is going to work against the Texans. I understand that they don't play much press coverage but if they defense the Colts the way they did the Cows, Luck will pick them apart. They have to put him on his butt. Their pass rush can't continue to be JJ Watt and bunch of guys named "Herb".

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

No doubt the pass rush has to be ferocious. It has been more mild than wild lately. Risk the blitz?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they need to sparingly blitz and only if they can't get pressure with the 4 man front or if the secondary is still banged up to the point where they aren't doing a good job in coverage. The more we can put Luck on his back, the better we'll do.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't see them putting up that type of score on a short week in a noisy stadium.

Murray and Dez are beasts and we held them down pretty well. This defense is opportunistic and causing redzone turnovers is becoming a norm.

Also, I didn' realize that the Pitt game was on Monday. We'll be basically coming off of a bye week.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

4th best scoring defense in the league forcing the most turnovers in the league. The defense has been VERY good, imagine how good it could be with Clowney coming back?

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

CUSHING IS OUT!

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Maybe maybe no

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The over / under is 46 points. No Thursday night game has been close. And the Texans not only may lose Cushing (and are thin at LB already) but the defense has been overworked already and they don't get much rest. And... Luck is a whole level above Romo at QB.

I'd have guessed a closer game (shootout) but I just don't see the Texans scoring a lot of points this season with Fitz at QB.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Cushing is NOT listed as out for Thursday's game. He did not participate in practice today. Mistake was made inputting to the NFL site</p>&mdash; Texans PR (@TexansPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/TexansPR/status/519264108408217601">October 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The turnover parade in our favor is great but not likely sustainable.

The crappy QB playing like a crappy QB is very sustainable.

Colts 27
    Texans 17

15. 713

713 Member

Texans are bound to bounce back this week. Expect big things from our passing attack and hopefully the short week will give us a heads up since we are playing at reliant.

Texans 32
    Colts 17

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

3 TDs, 3 FGs and a safety?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope 4 TD's and BOB has been paying attention to the Texans fans that play too much Madden so he goes for 2 every single time.

18. Remix

Remix Member

It's annoying how lucky the Colts are. No pun intended

They had Manning for 15-16 year or whatever, have one down year when Manning isn't able to play and it just so happened to be the same year the best QB prospect comes out in the last 10 years. I mean seriously how lucky can you get. Argh

They're the Cavs of the NFL

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You mean the Spurs right? ;)