1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2014.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Thursday night games are already bad but scheduling a division game on one is even worse. Let the players rest.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I think TNF is overkill and its not a good product. The NFL is hypocritical by demanding quick turnarounds for players just for more revenue. The better team usually wins and wins in a blowout on TNF, thats why I'm not really looking forward to Thursday.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They should hold it for teams on an off week.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In this instance it might benefit the Texans though. There's a huge advantage playing at home on a short week vs having to travel during a short week. Add to it that last week's game was played VERY close to home and it's more of an advantage. The Texans should be far more rested than the Colts, we just have to see if they can take advantage of it.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I would take the points and run away.

Chances are, this line is closer to even by the time the kick the ball off. I expected some heavy action on the Texans regardless of where the line was, simply due to them being the home team for a TNF game.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting fact about home teams this season on Thursday night games, the only road team to win a Thursday night game was the Giants over the Redskins and NY is less than 250 miles away from Washington DC....about a 45 minute flight.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There is always more than two teams on a bye week though.

And I don't want year long byes (for fantasy purposes).

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The average margin for TNF games this season in 31.25 points. It's around 12 for all other games. This game, in theory, should lower that average but you are correct. The better team can manage the short week as they only have to install the game plan...while the worse team is typically scrambling to fix issues.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i love TNF... players want to eat their cake & have it too. business does not work that way.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It also comes down to coaching.

All the teams that have won have featured long tenured coaches, whereas 3 of the 4 losing teams had coaching staffs in their first year with the team. (I'm also not counting the GB-Sea matchup which neither team was at an advantage).

In that scenario, Indy has the advantage. And chances are, they're not going to beat themselves. Texans are still going to have to execute.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Texans 17
    Colts & Fitzpatrick 28

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To me, TNF is like a Las Vegas buffet. It seems like a really good idea, and even those first few bites are really good... But by the end, you totally regret having ever considered it.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There are numerous factors, but I think rest is an important one, the Colts are coming off of a very physical game vs the Ravens where the Colts put the ball on the ground 3 times and Luck threw 2 picks and they have to travel across the country to play their 2nd game in 5 days. That gives the Texans an advantage. Now, how much of an advantage, and if they can use that advantage to win the game are things that are unknowns, but it is there.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a fan of Thursday Night Football. Only time I ever watch it is when the Texans play.

Anyway

Colts: 31
    Texans: 9

(9 points because BOB decides to go for a irregular 2 pt conversion after being second guessed on Sunday but the team doesn't convert.)

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I love watching football but I'm starting to lose interest with TNF because its consistently turning into a bad product. I think Arian and the players who share his thinking have a good point. Don't say as a league that you care about player safety and march them back out there on the field a few days after Sunday.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think we win this game

Colts - 17
    Texans 23

HOWEVER - The Words Situational Fail comes to mind
    I think the defense will keep it close . . . . .

People can complain about the defense giving up points but d*mmit the Defense had 3 turnovers
    How Many lead to points? [That interception was BEAUTIFUL!!]

The Offense has failed at KEY situations.
    Whether it is a holding penalty . . .a bad play call or turnover
    The game is beyond the stat line . . sometimes WHEN you fail is as important as how much you fail.

Rocket River

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

BoB will learn from his mistakes and feed the hot hand.

We can win this game.

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I've seen nothing on the field so far this year that could convince me we can win vs. the Colts under the best of circumstances. Thursday night games are just...brutal. Prime time? Gross.
    I was at the Cowboys game yesterday and, well...it didn't look pretty in person (except for all the Texans fans in the stands...which was awesome).

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OT David Quessenberry, who is battling lymphoma, will be Texans Home-Field Advantage captain &amp; honorary game captain Thurs. for Colts game</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/519210660870107136">October 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well we're pulling out the "win one for the Gipper" trick. Fortunately we get to use someone who isn't dead, hope it works as well.

20. MystikArkitect

Ride it out, honestly think he's worse than what Fitz is putting up? I'm down for the "setting up the table" theory but what table is being set exactly? Foster is getting up there and being driven into the ground at that (Blue is no Foster btw) and Andre looks like he's taken a step back this season so Nuk will be WR1 if not already.

So were giving our new QB: Newton, Myers, Brown, Suafilo, Nuk, CJ, Prosch, Blue, and whatever AJ and Foster have left in the tank on top of a stout defense. If Nix and Suafilo pan out this looks like a good plan but again....what's the point of THIS year then? Evaluation of Fitz?