1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Cleveland Cavaliers Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 5, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

there isn't a team in the east that is close to stopping cleveland

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kevin Love for Ryan Anderson + Trevor Ariza + Sam Dekker.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boston with whatever they end up adding this offseason. But most of all, I don't think LeBron's heart is going to be in it believing that the Cavs can't beat the Warriors and that he wants to play in LA.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

whatever move boston makes it still won't be enough to beat cleveland in one year. and no lebron is not going to LA. dont fall into that nonsense

Vivi likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol i had the same idea (minus Dekker). If Lebron says "do it" they will, but i guess they could get something more usefull (which is not necessarily better) with Love...or maybe not, don't really know.

Anyway Love is definitely who they should trade to shake things up, he played a couple of decent games but overall he gives you the same problems Anderson gives us, really poor defense, can't play center, a bit weak and not physical for these kind of games...

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If they trade Melo for Love and plus, then Cavs could lose a chance to meet GS next year.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree.

Boston however can make a couple of big moves with all the assets they have if they want, i guess Ainge is just waiting for Hayward though, if he adds him for free (which is very likely imo) i expect him to go all in a make one/two big moves to set the roster, they definitely need a big...we'll see.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yup, there is only one ball. They need someone who can play off the ball Paul George is what they need.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No way, why does Lebron want to go to LA? Those nonsense reporters just want to make a story to have an attention.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

whatever move they make and that includes the best possible scenario possible and getting an impact player isn't enough to beat Cleveland in one years time. their goal is to have boston be the team to beat a couple years from now should Cleveland fade a bit due to natural decline

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

and people love to fall into the hype so easily when it makes no sense

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not think Pacers want to get Love, Boston is the team for Paul George, maybe Lakers.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough, even though i think they would have a good chance to beat the Cavs already next year if they get Hayward and George (or Millsap/Griffin...another top player let's say) this summer, which is far from a dream scenario.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think so. both of those guys are good dont get me wrong but boston is simply outmatched. Just adding one of them won't be enough. on paper it looks like they should have been able to at least be competitive but once the series actually started Cleveland clearly showed they are just on another level than any other team in the east. they just have everything from the experience, players, attitude, etc to lock in and know what it takes to win. boston still has a ways to gather all of these attributes and that goes for every other team in the east

15. JumpMan

Y'all are probaby right, but consider the attraction for LeBron. You have the built-in attraction of the City of Los Angeles, a potential Lakers lineup of LeBron, George, Ingram, and Ball, with Magic in the front office, and some cap space considering that Ingram and Ball would be on rookie deals. I understand that they have to shed a few contracts to make room for a couple of max contracts, but if they do I say look out for the Lakers.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

attraction? one player isn't even there, and at this point lebron couldn't careless about a ingram or ball who aren't even close to being relevant as far as competing at the highest level for a title

17. Mr. Space City

Cavs gotta get better defensively.

They were poor on defense all year.

Love played ok in the finals but he was absolutely a non-factor on defense and even a liability at some times.

Cavs gotta get some shot blocking or some kind of resistance at the rim.

#117 Mr. Space City, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  18. JumpMan

Obviously, a lot of things have to happen for LeBron to consider the move. I was just laying down a potential scenario.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true, but Boston has no stars as today, Thomas missed a couple of games (or it was just one?), they've a couple of important young players who are going to get better and they're an organized enviroment, if you add them two stars imo they can compete with Cleveland, maybe win maybe not but i wouldn't be shocked to see Horford/Millsap/Hayward/Bradley/Thomas winning against the Cavs.

20. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

If the Cavaliers could trade Love for George (if Indiana believes George is gonzo next off-season, they might figure Love is the best they can do) and played James at power forward full-time, it could be interesting. George wouldn't slow their offense down at all and would give them another wing defender, something they baaaadly need.