1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 13, 2016.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Had to work so I missed this. Was the Hopkins TD that was called off really a TD or no?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

On the radio vandermeer was convinced it was a catch and Andre ware was convinced it wasn't.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No it was moving when he slid out of bounds

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

from the replay inside nrg it sure looked like he had possession as both knees landed inbounds... put it this way, had they called it a td on the field i dont think there was enough to overturn.

the officiating crew left a lot to be desired.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good news for Garoppolo. His shoulder isn't as bad as initially believed. It's a sprained AC joint. Still out Thursday, per sources.</p>&mdash; Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/777664577224007680">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Mr. Clutch

As I understand the rule the ball can't move out of bounds, but who knows

The KC fumble reversal was terrible

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is good news and bad news. It means that the Texans will face a rookie QB that got almost no reps with the first team but it also means that if we win, we won't get any credit for it and if we lose it'll be twice as bad.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not a catch

[​IMG]

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Damn good win.

Great job Texans.

Our defense is legit.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I sure hope they never pull up after seeing a flag ever again. What if it was a flag on the Texans? Or an unintentional flag?

11. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Who gives a **** about credit? This isn't the BCS. 3-0 is ****ing 3-0.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ugly W but a W...

Special teams, ugh...you could feel KC getting ready to break one all game long and when they did refs bailed Tejanos out on a pretty light holding call. But they took one away from Hopkins too, so I guess that's even. And yeah, looked like a TD to me. Ref didn't even say what the deciding factor was, whatever it was it was minute because that pretty much looked good in live action and on the Jumbotron.

Texans D just does what they does. Get turnovers, JJ got in for his and somehow they still seemed to get whipped lol... Idk how they held that team to 12, They sold out to stop Kelce I guess...their OL smashed up front. Turnovers decided the game though, like they tend to do.

Offensively, it's like they've forged a blade out of space rock...but haven't sharpened it yet. They forged it well, it looks nice, it's durable...but it's a dull blade in the hands of a novice. Still seems to do damage when weilded properly but my goodness, how many weeks can they pull out a win while leaving so much on the field? They just don't have a flow yet but that's not going to come with some of the chicken ****tery we saw today.

13. Buck Turgidson

Ted had 3 left feet, but he joined the varsity bball team as a senior, it was a small school so all seniors got to make the team. He may have scored a point, but I doubt it, he did keep excellent stats though.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

"You are what your record says you are."

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Agreed, after watching on the big screen I was almost positive that it was a catch.

Overall, the team left at least three touchdowns on the field today. They have to figure out a way to finish off their drives.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think they saw the penalty too. You're right; it's taking a chance.

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Watching the defense highlights again... I know Watt and Clowney are the big names but I seen so much effective hustle from Whitney and Simon in this game that don't necessarily show in stat sheets . Very happy bout that

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Understand the pessimism. I'm guilty of being overly optimistic when it comes to sports and then end up crushed. If the anti jinx is working, then keep it up. I didn't realize that's what you were going for.

Go Texans!

19. Mr. Clutch

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-kc-hou-deandre-hopkins-stars-as-texans-go-to-2-0/

KC-HOU: DEANDRE HOPKINS STARS AS TEXANS GO TO 2-0
    JOSH LISKIEWITZ
    2 HOURS AGO

Houston Texans 19, Kansas City Chiefs 12

Here are the top-graded players and biggest storylines from the Texans’ 19-12 win over the Chiefs:

Houston Texans
    Quarterback grade: Brock Osweiler, 56.5

While Osweiler threw two interceptions, neither was an awful throw or decision. On the first, his wide receiver was jammed badly at the line of scrimmage, and the second could have been an issue of miscommunication, as it appeared off the broadcast that he tried to fit it in to the receiver’s back shoulder, while his target took a step inward. While Osweiler otherwise had an average day, his numbers when faced with pressure are striking. Although he was pressured on just six snaps, he did not complete any of his four passes against a heavy rush, took two sacks and threw one of his interceptions.

Top offensive grades:

WR DeAndre Hopkins, 86.8

RT Derek Newton, 77.0

WR Will Fuller, 76.9

LT Chris Clark, 73.7

RB Lamar Miller, 71.0

Hopkins shreds Kansas City’s excellent duo of cornerbacks

It didn’t matter if it was Marcus Peters or Phillip Gaines guarding him — Hopkins was still getting his. He ripped the Chiefs’ best defensive backs for seven receptions on 11 targets and 113 yards and a score. He almost had a second score on an end-zone fade, but couldn’t keep his feet in bounds despite catching the ball against solid coverage.

DeAndre Hopkins versus Marcus Peters

Houston also had solid production from its tackles, as Clark did not allow any pressures in pass protection while Newton was the only positively graded run-blocker on the Texans’ offensive line.

Top defensive grades:

OLB John Simon, 85.1

OLB Whitney Mercilus, 81.9

S AJ Bouye, 81.3

NT Vince Wilfork, 80.6

CB Kevin Johnson, 80.3

Balanced performance from all three levels on defense leads Houston to victory

Houston’s defensive front seven notched five sacks and 10 pressures to along with 15 total stops and no missed tackles. Simon led the way with three total stops (two of them sacks) and eight total pressures. Bouye had the best day on the back end, as he notched a pressure to go with yielding just two receptions on five targets for six yards, one of his incompletions coming by way of pass break-up.

Kansas City Chiefs

Quarterback grade: Alex Smith, 40.2

Smith had a day typical of his career — meaning he was relatively efficient on short passes but ineffective on intermediate and long throws. On throws under 10 yards from the line of scrimmage he completed 15 of 21 for 95 yards, while on throws of 10 yards or more he managed to complete just five of 15 for 91 yards.

alexsmithweek2

Top offensive grades:

LG Zach Fulton, 76.9

LT Eric Fisher, 75.3

RB Charcandrick West, 65.2

WR Chris Conley, 60.7

WR Jeremy Maclin, 59.1

Dismal day for the offensive line

Fisher and Fulton were clearly the best linemen on the day for the Chiefs, despite each of them giving up a sack. They also combined for four penalties, and yet graded significantly better than the rest of the line, in large part to very poor run blocking by the remaining three. The run game consisted of three big outside runs totaling 74 yards, while the remaining 16 totaled just 48.

Top defensive grades:

NT Dontari Poe, 84.1

S Ron Parker, 82.9

CB Marcus Peters, 82.1

OLB Tamba Hali, 78.2

CB Steven Nelson, 77.6

Poe dominates the line of scrimmage

Poe contributed a hit and a hurry as a pass-rusher, but was especially effective against the run. He notched two run stops and four total tackles, and his complete control of Texans’ center Greg Mancz forced Houston’s running backs to constantly have to change the point of attack on inside run plays.

PFF game-ball winner: Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins