1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 9, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

i said one of the reasons was that our lg was missing. Suo is out, that's why adams is in. =/

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes there is a lot of blame to go around but I haven't seen any blame going to the coaches.

Godsey play calling was terrible in the 1st half. I mean why wasn't ww fighting fire with fire. Screen them to death just like they did us. Especially when you seen how timid your quarterback was.

Crennel in the 1st half your defense was not prepared for the quick screens, short passes and Kelce.

Special teams coach can we not get some production out there.

Finally Coach Bill I know we have a tradition of not being prepared and ready. I thought that would end once you became the coach. That's 3 games now dating back to last season.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Spencer Tillman just said on Inside The Game that Hoyer would've completed the same passes Mallett did at the end of the game if he was in the same situation. What is with his love affair with Hoyer?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hoyer is not making this throw.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Well this is a nice throw. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/W3FXUaa0Lp">https://t.co/W3FXUaa0Lp</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/643241874157907968">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

He's not going to admit after one bad game that his constant praising of Hoyer during the preseason games was misplaced.

I put Tilman right after Pancakes though in the list of Houston sports personalities who annoy me. They both come off as shills for the team.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If Hoyer attempts that throw its a pick 6.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sports sunday: Simone Eli showing some legs...

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think it is assumed. Even with Hoyer playing bad. It's either the coaches didn't prepare him enough or they picked the wrong QB.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yes indeed

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly that's the ONLY people I blame. I don't blame Hoyer for being a bad QB, that's just who he is. I'm sure he did his best, he's just not capable of more. I blame the guy who put Hoyer in a position to fail. BOB should have known better and he didn't. Hopefully it was just a case of him being biased by his previous relationship with Hoyer and not a more serious failure to accurately judge talent.

Now I give him credit for pulling Hoyer eventually, that showed that he won't just stick with a guy who is awful, but he never should have been in the game to begin with.

If I play Patrick Beverley as a center, I don't think anyone can fault him for failing to defend Deandre Jordan.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

She always does on Sundays it seems. She wore the same black dress to the game today.

12. Buck Turgidson

Honestly, he doesn't have much to work with. "Irregardless"....Mallet should be the starter, and should have been in Week 1.

Shorts and Washington looked good as 2/3 WRs, the TE's got open a couple of times. If Arian can come back...this offense changes.

Romeo has to fix the defense. The secondary and coverage LBs were pathetic.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Mallett will start against the colts

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm still amazed that on a team that has used really high picks to build a defensive line, that the only guy who touches the QB is one J.J. Watt who gets consistently double-teamed.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Crick made some plays. It will take time for Clowney to get it going. He's basically a rookie but he showed some flashes (TFL on RB).

17. conquistador#11

damn sun, I completely overlooked one stat. Hoyer threw the ball 34 times and didn't even finish the game. 47 passes in all. In comparison, Last season, fitzie averaged around 28 passes per game.

So you're going up against one of the best d lines with no scheme to neutralize, can't really run since you've given them 14 free points, what could possibly have gone wrong?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very true, the RB's were actually doing a pretty good job, better than the KC RB's were at running the ball. The problem was that after Hoyer gifted them 14 points, we were too far behind to run.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

When we signed Hoyer I hated it, then the preseason lulled me into thinking he might be decent enough. That first pass was horrendous. I don't care that Dhop ran the wrong route i was sitting right behind Hoyer and saw his angle he blindly threw that and it was a duck anyway.

I'm just glad BOB pulled the trigger on Hoyer and brought Mallett in. Rough first game but now we move to the NFC South portion of the schedule so at least there's some winnable games and a chance for Mallett to keep Hoyer on the bench.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clowney will get there.

Mercy is a back up guy.