1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We definitely need a quarterback and some line depth.

It'd be very nice to know what we have in Savage before drafting another QB, though. Now's the time. Let's not make this mistake a second time.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

That feeling deep in your gut?

Trust it.... your gut is right, the Texans are a poorly run organization that doesn't want to win like other organizations... the GM isn't good but keeps his job because of his relationship with ownership, the coach is an uninspiring dope.

The QB is Brock Osweiler because it is easier to throw $72,000,000 at someone else's QB than to draft and develop someone like Derek Carr.

Your gut is right, the Texans ARE mediocre, and are only 6-5 because of their division. Being out scored on the year DOES matter.

You want the Texans to be worthy of your fandom but deep down in your gut you know, as a fan, you got the short end of the stick.

"We battled".... no coach, you kicked the can down the road hoping you can keep your job with meaningless cliches rather than admitting your QB blows and you don't see a way to fix it all.

#642 Nook, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    jev5555 and macho GRANDE like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's troubling to me that with the top pick in the 2nd round they took xsf as well. The talent evaluation seems pretty spotty. The majority of plus players on this team are still holdovers from the kubiak regime

Richie_Rich, Nook and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

I'm fine with the XSF pick. He's been pretty good in run blocking. His pass blocking isn't any good, but he's been better this year than most give him credit for. There were other players that have been big time taken around him, but you can't win them all.

I'm sick of O'Brien's horrible game management, as well as his and Osweiler's scripted press conference answers. I want this team to show some freakin emotion and quit being noncompetitive, pushover, zomvie answer-spewing, boobs.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. justtxyank

People who watch tape say otherwise about xsf. Lance for example says he's bad all the way around and he was an xsf fan (calls him his biggest miss ever.) pretty sure his advanced stats on the popular sites are also bad.

mario_v likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Ohh Rick Smith loves fans like you .....

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can see how Brock might look better with a good offensive line when he doesn't have to rush so much. I just don't think that will make him more accurate in long passes. He just seems to throw terrible passes at times when he isn't rushed at all.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

BOB looks lackadaisical, so did the team. BOB should have went on 4th and Goal because the team was flat and lacked energy. A score would pump up the crowd, or the Chargers back at the end zone would hear the crowd. Instead, BOB killed the energy. I think he should pay Brady for his paycheck.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if they win the division I'll watch the playoff game, but I'm done with watching regular season unless/until they put Savage in

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

You're either delusional or trying to make yourself feel better about missing out on a superstar franchise QB.

You're like those thunder fans that continue to justify the harden trade.

Just admit it, Texans passed on a stud QB for a mediocre guard who most likely Texans will not re-sign.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

The Texans never had Carr in their sights, and thus, I've never compared XSF to Carr. Doing that is an exercise in futility that I refuse to take part of. Ive said it a hundred times on here.

Nothing delusional about that.

RocketTOOL likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True
    GOING FOR IT ON THE GOALLINE is winning
    Kicking the field goals is kicking the can down the road and hoping for something

Rocket River

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Out of all the issues, I actually think Rick Smith is the least of the problems. I don't think talent is an issue with this team. It's coaching and QB (yes, Rick could have given us a better QB, but I also don't think he's solely making the decision here).

Obrien is a terrible, terrible head coach. I've always supported him and had faith in him, but he makes decisions that are just incomprehensible.

15. justtxyank

I have likewise been supportive of obrien, but agree that his decision making is just stunningly bad. Bad clock management, bad non challenges bad challenges, bad "feel" for 4th down decisions, aggressive at weird times and then ultra conservative when he needs to be aggressive, a lack of sense of when the game is getting away from him, etc. I just don't even know what to say about it anymore. As an in game coach he is one of the worst in the nfl.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Against Oakland, game was tied at 20. 4th and 1 and we go for it instead of taking the points and the lead. Didn't make it and we ended up losing.

I think that factored into the decision today. But you know what? We were in the game at the end. If we went for it on 4th and goal and didn't convert, we wouldn't have even had an opportunity to tie it at the end of the game.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Obrien is a good coach but he's a terrible talent evaluator and has no idea what a good QB is.

You can't question his play calling or decisions when he has the worst QB in the league.

Any coach would look awful with Osweiler as their QB.

Fire Rick smith. He's the reason why Texans don't have a QB. He should've drafted Carr. Because of that, he signed Osweiler who is a total bust.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. awc713

awc713 Member

I like Clowney (and stand by his pick), but I can't help but wonder what Khalil Mack and Carr would've looked like, instead of JDC and XSF. Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.

As a sidenote, I wasn't for or against Carr. I don't know enough about pro football scouting to form any sort of opinion. I only hoped, at the time, that HOU didn't factor his last name as a reason not to draft Carr. I guess we'll never know if, or how big, of a factor that was. Fact is, I just don't think our fan base, as a whole, is smart enough to overlook something so trivial.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well he's half right

Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not by a long shot.

In fact, had Carr had the exact same types of seasons he did his first 2 years in Oakland (with similar win loss records), fans would be far more apoplectic than they are now with Brock.

Two Sandwiches likes this.