1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Carl Landry bandwagon thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Oct 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Barkley

Barkley Member

No no no. You cannot compare those 2 guys. Landry probably is better than Hayes

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Tonight 20 min 5-6 10 pts 7 reb 1 to and 2asst, 5pf is not so good though. But I bet he is not expecting to play more than 15 min this year, so it is not so bad.

3. mag

mag Contributing Member

By mid-season he will take Chuck Hayes minutes.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought they signed Chuck too early....

DD

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I doubt it.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

The more I see Landry play, the more he reminds me of Kenny Thomas when he was a Rocket.

7. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Let's see Carl play defense a little more before we give him Hayes miniutes. And no we didn't sign Hayes too early. He is worth it for the money he's getting. He is not a wasted roster spot. He is good for something. Just not very offense minded. But the NBA has lots of very good players who's job isn't to be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd opton scorer. He is Mr. Garage Man extrodari. Right behind Battier.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

you thought wrong...

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes, Carl Landry is the real deal, now if he can be chuck-like on D... :eek:

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

The guy came from Purdue. That's about all the preach there. Hard nosed man to man defense. Gene Keady style. He knows how to play D.

11. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

I doubt your doubting. :)

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

landry > yao + tmac

13. Barkley

Barkley Member

Oh damn. I woke up looked at the boxscore of the game and wow. Landry 5-6 FG and 2-2 ft. Damn I can even say he's shootin a lot better than Yao :) Even T-Mac. This guy is really amazin

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Wow. He deserves a Cato-esque contract for his pre-season game. :rolleyes:

15. Barkley

Barkley Member

I know it's preseason. That's why I wanna him to stay. I wanna see what can he do till the regular season.

16. CLbros

CLbros Member

I said this on another thread but I'll say it again. I think our PF spot will end up bein a 3-man rotation deal. All three: Scola, Hayes, and Landry contribute in different ways. Scola is kinda a given just cuz he's a good player. Between Landry and Hayes, that's where it gets tricky. Landry has a good offensive game and range and can also play some defense. Hayes is like a shorter Ben Wallace I think. He does so much when he's on the court. Landry may take his minutes but only if he's able to get as good as Chuck on defense and rebounding.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I know Landry has been doing well but Chuck is very valuable and his play has been very impressive so far this year. He looks a little quicker and his passing is what he showed at Kentucky. He showed a decent all around game in college and did the little things to win games and that is what he is doing now. His offense seems a little more improved around the basket. Of course, he's not going to be able to knock down those mid range jumpers but that is what Scola is for. If for whatever reason we start getting bogged down offensively with Hayes on the court, which likely won't happen, then we may need to think about giving Landry some burn. We will need a fifth big man on this team though especially if anyone gets injured we will need that fifth big man to step up. We may even need a sixth big man but I think we will go with Landry on the D-League and I guess cut Butler although he would be nice insurance.

18. blender

blender Member

Hayes has got a habit of picking up fouls and Scola will pick up his share as well until he gets adjusted to the NBA game. So I can see Landry getting some minutes off the bench once in a while. He looks like he could handle them, too.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He might get some minutes (I see the break down Scola 24, Hayes 17, Carl 7).

20. mikedunn08

mikedunn08 Member

We didnt draft Landry he was the first pick in the 2nd round by the Sonics.