1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Carl Landry bandwagon thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Oct 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

If he stays I will be suprised but happy in the same time.
    Aldough he's not super young,25,he has potential to be a pretty good role player.

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

I know we have to move 4 players but yes, I will keep Landry. This guy can shoot the ball well and I think he's pretty strong

3. CLbros

CLbros Member

If you watched the SL, Landry passed really well out of the high post. I don't think his passing skills will be a problem.

And Red_1...I think Landry is 24, not 25. Just thought you might wanna know.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The Rockets don't need to have both Hayes and Landry on the active roster. Landry needs to go to the D League and prove he's more than a (less muscular) Marcus Fizer clone.

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well we just have to keep Hayes. We have only Scola and maybe Butler. As for Landry, if he's gonna play that way I'll keep him. I belive in this guy. He's so good

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think he's already proved that.

why dont they need both though? their skillsets are not that similar.

i dont think you have to worry about him being on the active roster unless an injury happens.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Carl Landry is listed at 248. He appears lighter than that. And he certainly plays lighter than that, especially going after rebounds.

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Let's not get carried away after one game. He played well, and I'd like to see him do well also. But it's still just one preseason game. He's pretty good at that 18-footer, he had some nice boards, and the dunk was sweet. But I see him having major ups and downs (assuming he gets playing time for that matter, or makes the team, though that seems more likely after last night).

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

I wasn't commenting on Landry at all in that post.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Is it just me...or is there a sudden supply increase in "undersized power forwards who overachieve?" Hayes, Milsap, maybe Landry

Landry's game last night reminded me a lot of Horace Grant. Always around plays and seemingly wide open all the time at the top of the key. Landry's got good energy. Let's wait til he faces the dreaded 4's of the west.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dont even mention milsaps...like a knife to the heart. Oh well...at least they got novak instead :eek:

12. zong

zong Member

He made the team by last night plays according to the TV guys, and I think so too.

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

trade butler to charlotte for a 1st round draft pick!!!! :cool:

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

Landry > Scola

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HUH? In what parallel universe are you living in?

Landy is at best right now an end of the bench player, who may never develop, I think he is ok, but nothing to shout about.

DD

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Landry looked good. Like a Chuck Hayes with range. Definitely needs to bulk up and to improve his all around game, but he has a pretty good upside. I would love to have him at the end of the bench or in the D-league

EDIT: Also, we need another PF on this roster for sure. Hayes is totally foul-prone and Scola is going to be getting a couple of moving screen calls each game for a while (in addition to his other fouls...he plays very hard so fouls are gonna come)

17. CLbros

CLbros Member

I think they'll need him on the active roster too. Both Scola and Hayes have shown to be foul-prone. And as much as Chuck does for this team, havin a guy like Landry who can hit the open jump shot out on the court could really make our team even more dangerous.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DD, I don't agree with you about Landry being an end of the bench player, I personally think he's the next Elton Brand. :D Just kidding. After watching him play in college and with Morey's track record, I think he's going to surprise alot of people who aren't familiar with him. Brooks and Landry are players for the rockets future.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, now that I think of it, this reminds me of the blocking-shots-with-your-forehead idea that Deckard and I launched in a thread a couple of months ago.

Landry could block a LOT of shots with that head. that would be so cool.

20. Coca Cola Scola

Yeah, its only a few preseason games, but at least we can see that Landry has talent and some positives. If we don't add another power forward, then Landry will get playing time. I'm pretty certain that both Scola and Hayes will be in foul trouble in a game at some point in the season, especially early in the season as Scola tries to change his learned behavior of 7 years where he can do moving screens, camp out in the lane or aggressively pound guys then they allow now in the new NBA rules that allow less contact. I wonder if Morey can pull off one more move to bring in a good player or 2nd round pick with some of our end of bench players like Snyder, Lucas and Butler.