1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Carl Landry bandwagon thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Oct 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. FFz

FFz Member

is this a bandwagon or a bicycle basket?

2. holysilence

holysilence Member

I am always a Landry fan
    Go Carl!

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He has a nice jump shot. Seems to have a good feel on the offensive end. He made a lot of mistakes on defense, which is to be expected.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Actually it looked to me like Lowry intentionally went short to try and tie the game, and Landry did have a shot at the rebound but the shortness of the FT surprised him and it slipped through his fingers.

Anyways ... I take back what I said previously about him not having played as well as some other guys. I want this guy on the team. It's nice to have useful talent stashed away on the deep end of the bench -- you know, kids who can actually play the game.

5. ak47

ak47 Member

Landry's Signature Group Player of the Game: CARL LANDRY!!!!!

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hayes, I believe, has a slightly higher standing reach.

Just goes to show you how huge Landry's head is.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I hope he makes the team! He looks more suited to the NBA than Novac! :p

8. pli777

pli777 Member

I believe Yao has the crown of the biggest head.

Wait, does the crown fit?

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'm implying that there is no case you can temper to contain his bone crushing head. Mess with Landry and you get the forehead.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I didn't realize Landry had such a fan base. He's like a poor man's version of a poor man's Hayes.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

Landry is a baller. The guy can flat out score. He went up against Noah, Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green. A Bunch of NBA talent on eventual National Champion Florida. Against Florida, Landry scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and ya know what? That's against Horford and Noah and that's a handful. Landry can grab rebounds but preseason wasn't a good showcase of Landry's skills. It was streetball for the most part. Besides, he was told that they already knew he could score. They told him to focus on rebounding. That's exactly what he did. Now you are seeing him for exactly what he can do.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It looks like he elevates for a split second longer than most folks. I like his hops.

He also had a tough layup tonight that showed some skill. Put me on the bandwagon... I see a young Dan Roundfield in the making.

13. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

That was mainly Head's job though, as Head was guarding Lowry.

14. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Did you even watch the game? Landry shot well from 20 feet away, while Hayes could barely shoot from 2 feet away. Landry also rebounded well, athough not as well as Hayes yet. His hussle is pretty much the level of Hayes.

Like someone else said here, given time, Landry can be a poor man's Webber. Hayes overtime can be a poor man's Landry.

15. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

This is one preseason performance. He does have more offensive game than Hayes but I would still rather have the 'ol Chuck Wagon in there alongside Yao when the Argentine Express isn't around.

Maybe CL can bring a few things to the table, but I expect he will have a good year or two stay in the D-League.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Carl Landry, me likes.

Good find.

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I remember this one guy... named Cato

He had a really good preseason game.

waiting impatiently for real games

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Was Cato a rookie.

19. Coca Cola Scola

What's Landry's height with forehead and without extra forehead? For all we know he might be the same height as Chuck from the eyebrows on down. :D

I had one foot in the Landry bandwagon a few preseason games ago (or whenever he first got some playing time) when I noticed that he was holding his own defensively and did some nice things around the basket while showing some range. Its good to have young talents like Landry and Brooks stashed away. Wished we had kept Harris also. I'm greedy that way.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He can be an offensive boost, but he doesnt seem very explosive and I dont know about his rebounding.