1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 28, 2007.

1. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Sell the team Uncle Drayton.

2. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

way to go Coop! first win as a manager.

3. msn

msn Member

Bidge hit #665 tonight. He's now tied with George Brett for #5 all-time.

Nice.

4. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Happy 30th, Roy-O!

(Can't believe dude is only 30 ...)

5. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Don't look now, but Berkman is hitting .278 :eek: . It's about time he got some hitting done (even though he is still a strikeout machine, and his avg is almost 40 pts below last year).

6. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Arguably this is Lance's worst performing season EVER! I say next year he will rebound back to more of what we expect our of him as one of our stars. Tough year all around. So many close losses, late inning, double, triple catatonic, excruciating losses. Very frustrating season and a pitching staff that outside of Roy has largely been a failure.

Memo to Drayton: Get a REAL pitcher (Peavy, Willis, Sheets, etc.) or else what you are starting to see and hear at MMP will give you a REAL picture of the future of this franchise.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Guys like that aren't available this offseason.

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Well, I'm not necessarily saying those guys only just simply referring to we need 2 quality starters to take the pressure off the rest of the starting staff to team with Backe, Woody and (Wandy or Patton). This just in, the more you have to use the bullpen, the more disaster it spells later in the season for the stretch run and into the playoffs. One reason why the Chisox beat us, we never got into their bullpen to the point of discomfort. Never their long relief/short relief guys just their setup guys and the DAMN closer! :mad: That's one reason ...

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

if we pick up some good pitching....and lance turns his **** around. We'll have one hell of a team. Lee, Lance, Lamb, Lorretta, and some pitching...PLEASE SOME PITCHING....I like our chances.

This year.....yeah...fomr day one...it was obvious, but I love my team. I still pretend we'll make it to the WS. :(

GO STROS...

10. ruddy

ruddy Member

Yeahh!!! Go Astros!!! I love 'em too!

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is the kind of thinking that got Fats fired.

Clearly Big Puma has peeked and a Glenn Davis like trade is in order. If we wait another year, the Astros might havew to pick up some his salary on any trade. Get it done!

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Glenn Davis' (who was my favorite player from the 80's Astros) best season was 1986 when he hit a robust .271 w/ 31 hr's, 101 rbi, and a .837 OPS. This is Berkman's worst full year as a pro (not counting the 2005 season in which he was coming off ACL surgery) and he is at least on pace to match or beat these numbers. Odds are that Berkman goes back to his old self and hits well over .300 and an OPS closer to 1.000 next season.

13. msn

msn Member

I'll be surprised and thrilled, and very pleased with the new GM, if we are able to re-sign these two. Loretta is starter material. Lamb thinks he is (and deserves a shot). Purpura traded for Ty Freaking Wigginton.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Willis seems to always be available and he is having a bad season this year, so I suspect he will continue to be available.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Roy O helping his cause...man, what a tough year all the way around...

16. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

As would I, but even Coop isn't giving Lamb a chance to play. I don't think he will be back. :(

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's available in the sense that the Marlins want the moon for him. Maybe his value comes down a bit with his subpar 2007 season, but his value is still clearly superior to Jason Jennings a season ago -- and I don't think the Astros have the prospects to make such a deal work again.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't know if Albers is the odd man out when Backe returns, but he sure pitched well today. 7 IP, 3 h, 1 er, 4 bb, 3 k.

Always nice to get a series win over the Cardinals.

19. Akhorahil

Akhorahil Member

Some of you guys will never be pleased.

What a feel good win. Berkman hit another homerun and we win a close one. Great game by Albers. Take it on the road and beat those Cubbies.

20. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

I know this is an off season, but we beat the cards! Screw those guys, I feel good :eek: