1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 21, 2006.

1. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

You're right! That's good stuff. :D

Hey STL, You have a BIG problem! :p

2. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

ERIN ANDEREWS :D

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Roy O tomorrow. Well, we know he enjoys kicking the Cards in the groin at every opportunity. Going to be an interesting end of the season.

Like I said a month or so ago, the Houston Astros are the Jason Voorhees of MLB. You beat them up and sprint away from them at a pace that would make Carl Lewis look like he's got a broken leg, but if you ever stop and turn around they're right there about to swing something sharp at you.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Wow. The last 2 nights were easily the most entertaining games of the season. I was getting ready to call it a season (again) when Burke got out in the 9th. Then all of a sudden Everett is crossing home on a Palmeiro hit .

What a game!

Oh...the ESPN girl was Erin Andrews. :D

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

5 games back. 9 games left.

We can probably only afford to drop 1 game.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

lol this turned up on google!

[​IMG]

7. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Man oh man I thought WE could get negative at times. These guys sound like they're about ready to throw themselves under the bus and they're STILL up by 5.5 games with only 9 to play.

8. mokulen

mokulen Contributing Member

There seem to be more St Louis fans there that think the Astros can pull off a near perfect run to end the season than there are Astros fans who think the same! A Cardinals collapse wouldn't be surprising to anyone - but I guess they haven't seen enough Astros games to judge the likelihood of the Astros losing only one more time to end the season! :eek:

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lidge blowing that game when we met the Cards last is big. We would be only 3.5 games back. We still need a miracle to make the playoffs....9-0!

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you think if the Astros had won that game that everything up to now would have happened exactly the same? Perhaps Lidge would have been the closer in one of the two recent games that Wheeler closed and blown one of those.

11. Pocket Rockets

ha, some guy posted this on the cards board....he calls us assblows :rolleyes:

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Very astute point. Everything is relative...GO ASTROS!

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

We still have a long road to climb. But this Astros team is alive.

And the Cards have already had two 8 game losing streaks so far this year. An extended losing streak on their part is definitely possible.

GO STROS.

14. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

That's hilarious! ASSBLOWS. Well guess what? With every passing STL mistake, the noose gets tighter. The 'Stros pull them out of their ass while the Cards are blowing them out of theirs. :D

Just the fact that Card fans are scurrying around like a bunch of paranoid rats is worth the price of admission. :p

Just like Yogi says "it aint over, til its over." I think STL is getting a little nervous.

15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Oh, and here's an opinion. That was about the most worthless post in this thread.

Anyway, back to the conversation. I didn't mean to start any crap with you Cat. I pretty much agree with 90% of your Astros posts. Obviously this isn't one of those. I don't like this team giving out 2 year contract to scrubs that are a dime a dozen in this league. That big hit tonight does not make me change my mind on that.

16. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Cant wait to get to tonite's game. MMP should be rocking and that will only be a prelude to Sunday night.

on another note Erin Andrews is HOT!

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

You're being a bit nit-picky I think.

On a team that handed out a pro-rated $22 million dollar contract to Clemens and is paying Bagwell $17 million (or whatever it is) for nothing you're worried about a $900k contract?

Orlando has a career average of .276. Hopefully you know this, but that is phenomenal for a guy that most of the time only gets one at-bat a game. This year he's down to .245, still pretty decent for a pinch hitter ... that's only in half the at-bats he had last year, when he hit .284.

Without him, we don't win either of the last two games either.

18. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

He sure has a lot of nerve considering their star player's name sounds like a poop shoot. What a dumbass.

19. Pocket Rockets

im kinda mad that i can't go to tonites game, i have tickets but i dont get off til 7pm tonite and its freaking clemens bobblehead nite....that sux!

20. ths balla

ths balla Member

am i reading the schedules wrong cause it says that us and the cards have 9 games left to play but that would have the cards playing one less game in the season?