1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 3, 2006.

1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

10 saves & nada single ONE impressive.

We won despite him.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the fact that he has 10 saves in about a month is, in and of itself, impressive.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, his last two saves before tonight were vintage... control looked good, slider looked good.

He's cut down on the walks... which was the first step. While he improved the spotting of his fastball, he still needs to work on that (as evidenced by tonight). His slider is still as good as ever... but since hitters have seen it so much, they're only going to offer at it (if its out of the zone) if its the first pitch in the sequence, or if its 0-2.

In the long run, this stretch can only help him... as the league's made adjustments to him, he's got to adjust back.

4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

True, & I love Brad ... but damn, he needs to get some good performances in. Get a streak going. Get that ERA under 6.7 or whatever it is.

With the leads Lidge has been given, Joe Sambito could prolly still have 10 saves.

5. msn

msn Member

Dude had great hair.

6. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I love it! hahahaha

7. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

ok i just saw the replay of pujol's fly to deep center against lidge. Am i the only one thinking that's a homerun in almost any other ballpark?

8. My Lund

My Lund Member

Not death but Lidge has been consistently giving me bad heartburn since the begining of the season. I will suffer and accept it as long as we win. :)

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Both of those hits off lidge are HR's in other parks.

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Just got back from the game..I dont know how many more Lidge outings I can take anymore. I am pumped that he got pujols out, but still we have not seen the dominating Lidge of the old days.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lidge makes me uncomfortable. When he heads to the mound, Im forced to get up off the couch and start pacing around my room.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

good thing we built a giant wall in centerfield :)

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

This was a good game, perfect temperature. And I liked the "Pujols sucks" chants when he was batting vs Lidge.

14. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

The solution is when the opposing teams batters come up, have a retractable wall that comes out.

It could be like yey high...

[​IMG]

and it goes all around the outfield.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

ok the lidge crouch is bothering the crap out of me...did he do this before the pujols homerun or was that his first time? it makes me think he's scared of contact now.

also anyone else still disturbed watching that pujols homerun...i know we win in the end but it's hard to watch. those bastards didn't have to show it again, we all know what happened.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't particularly want to add to the pujols love fest in here but well i guess he does come off as a good guy on top of it all....

post game quotes:

"If I make a team, that's the first guy that I put on my team," Pujols said. "He's still got nasty stuff. It's just a game last year. That's over. How I look at it is, it's just another home run to me. They advanced to the World Series. That's more important.

"I'm pretty sure that he was excited that they went to the World Series. I'd take a guy like Lidge any time on my team. He's still one of the best closers in the game right now out there. Even though he's got a couple of blown saves, he's still got the best stuff out of that bullpen."

and a good one from roy:

"Around the sixth inning, we were winning, 5-1, and I figured to get on the highlights. If I can give up a home run to Pujols, I'd probably get on TV," Oswalt said.

link

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The wall in center is actually quite short.

18. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly when reading the Chronicle. Overall great game though. I dont mind Pujols coming up to bat.......when we have a descent lead. Didnt catch Sports Center though, I bet they showed the NLCS replay about 18 more times before the 9th inning at bat last night against Lidge.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

to their credit, they only showed it once.

but then again, they only showed 3 highlights from the entire game.... and none were Astros runs.

20. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I have to turn the channel when he comes into the game.