1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 3, 2006.

1. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I'm kind of disappointed that Puljos is expected to be out. I want to see how the Astros stack up against the Red Birds who are favored to win the division again this year. If we do end up winning both games it won't mean as much.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Go stros....let's get Burke in there too.

DD

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Pujols is going to play.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We play the Cardinals 10 times at MMP, vs. only 6 times at their place... that could mean big things (if we play well at home) because I don't think St. Louis is going to be in the position they were the last two years (where they jumped out of the gate, while we stumbled, and they built up a double-digit lead in the division before the ASB).

But, obviously I have no problem with the WC... we've never been that good as "division winners" anyways.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Damn... Spezio just ruined the shutout, no-hitter, and perfect game all with one swing.

Before that happened, I had a feeling that there would be a chance for something "special" tonight... ah well, I'll still take a win.

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Nice to see early offense, but Preston Wilson better learn to hit the ball.

At least make some contact.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I know we haven't been a "baseball town" for all that long... but please... somebody tell people sitting along those lines (in the Fenway seats) to NOT TOUCH FAIR BALLS. On that ball Ausmus just hit, the ball is clearly fair... hitting the ground around first base (in plain sight for those fans), and yet there they are with their gloves, hats, or whatever getting ready to take a swipe at that ball.

It should either go on the ticket ("reach for a fair ball and you'll be dismissed"), or the ball-boy should become a pseudo-offensive lineman, and just block them all from getting it.

Seriously... it didn't cost us anything this time, but it only has to happen one time, where the bases are loaded and we're down 2, and the batter hits a double down one of those lines... and a fan reaches over and prevents the winning run from scoring.

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I wonder if those are the same fans that let Uribe dive 80 rows into the stands to get that foul ball game 4.

9. Major

Major Member

Fans do this everywhere, though. Every town, every circumstance. Some fans are educated, but most aren't and will just grab at anything they can. And who really reads ticket stubs? If anything, it should be written on the seats in the front rows of those areas, but still, 80% of people won't listen.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not all stadiums have these sort of seats, though... ones that are so close to the line, and jut out, so where a good percentage of balls hit down there are going to bounce off the stands... and turn for-sure doubles into possible triples, and most definitely scoring the guy from first base. Touching a ball right there at MMP has the potential to be far more costly than touching a ball at San Fran, Atlanta, or Wrigley.

I say station an employee who sits with the ball boy... and when a ball is fair (for only the home team) he sounds a blow-horn that sounds under each of those front-row seats, and scares the s*** out of them.

Of course, if its the road team (especially if they have a runner on first), the employee does nothing.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why would the Cardinals ever pitch to Morgan here? Preston Wilson is on deck, and he may be the only player in baseball history to strike out while he's on deck.

12. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

I've got a possible Oswalt nickname.

Speedwagon?

(Because he works quickly, and he carries the load like a wagon, and because of another reason which should be easy to fathom.)

Thoughts on this?

13. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

That sucks, Nomar. Try harder plz.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Woohhooo, nice shot Willy!

15. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Willy, can you please learn how to do that on a semi-consistant basis?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not Bad... there are a ton of candidates:

1.) the Bulldozer (for obvious reasons)

2.) Roy Wonder

3.) Cy (I'll wait till he wins his first to use that one)

4.) Roy-O

5.) The Wizard of O's (I don't like how Brownie simply calls him "The Wizard"... I think a certain HOF SS from STL has that name patented).

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Willy's actually a great "bad ball" hitter... I saw a lot of glimpses of that in the World Series (where he was suprisngly our most effective hitter, against far superior pitching).

Its the balls in the strike zone, however, that he has plenty of problem driving somewhere.

18. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

I like Bulldozer... what about just Dozer?

Roy Wonder is a bit... campy.

Cy is inviting the wrath of the BBGs.

RoyO is sort of meh, but it works.

Wizard is meh.

Bulldozer is solid though.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

AHHH!H!HH!!!

PTSD SYNDROME!!!!

;)

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member