1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Car Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, May 3, 2016.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I have a 2015 Macan S. After 12,000 miles, still love it. I had a car for a long time to save up for something like this. If you want a luxury cruiser, likely you do not need many of the options. If you like spirited driving, make sure you get PASM. If you want max performance, get sports chrono for the sport plus mode (I don't have it but know someone who does). I think it's overboard for daily driving and occasional weekend fun driving. Mine came out around your price tag and it's easily the best car I've ever driven.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Thanks, can't wait to test drive one.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Has anyone driven a Range Rover Evoque? I see those all the time now out in the burbs. Looks good to me but also looks tiny.

Also, Jaguar's new SUV looks pretty fantastic:

[​IMG]

http://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/f-pace/index.html

"F-Pace" is a lame name but the vehicle itself looks great. Low entry level price at $40K but it very quickly jumps to $50K+ with very few add-ons.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yes, overall a pretty good suv. Only complaint I had was the same complaint I had with the BMW X6 and I felt like I didn't have a clear surrounding view of the outside. Felt closed in and mainly due to the rear window styling of the two.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a VW GTI. Has anybody here driven one for an extended period of time? It looks like the SE can be had for about $27,000 as 2016 models wind down and VW continues to battle its TDI problems.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

i was disappointed with Lexus 570 latest face-left , more of a Batman's vehicle .
    Toyota Land-cruiser look much better , despite a high price tag ,
    its worth it since it retain most of its value over the years, and less likely to make friendship with local garage mechanics as if you own a euro car

[​IMG]

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I drove one. Macan is significantly better in performance. All of the reviews of the luxury CUV's rate Macan higher than Evoque, and Porsche reliability is higher also. neither is particularly large (which is what I wanted in a daily driver), and some sight lines are not ideal/compromised.

I agree that the Jag CUV looks nice. I recall the reliability of the Jag brand has suffered significantly though.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

2004 and under, yes. After Ford was pushed away and Tata motors took over the reliability has gone through a dramatic change. I've had exactly one issue in 3 1/2 years of ownership of my 2012 XJL. Besides the expensive oil changes I have nothing but praise for this car. A friend of mine has a 2013 Supercharged XJ and has had zero issues as well. I really, really want the F Pace First Edition, but I always buy one year used to save on the depreciation hit. It's a gorgeous vehicle. I have looked at both the F Pace and the Cayenne Turbo and prefer the Jaguar much more although I really love them both. I just wish it had the Cayenne's power.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

have you looked at the ford focus st?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good input, Rileydog and LonghornFan. But for my purposes performance wouldn't be at the top of my must-have list. And for whatever reason I just always find Jaguars (at least those made in recent years) to be the best looking cars.

The diesel option on the F-Pace would be a bonus.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've checked it out and considered it. I like the functionality of GTI that complements its sportiness.

12. Asian Sensation

Update: I was able to find a sweet deal on a 428 with M sport and pretty much every other option for a super good deal. Thanks to this thread I decided to look all over the country and did the deal via Email and had it shipped to me (just got it today). The whole process was almost too easy. Much different than the hours upon hours of 'negotiating' I remember from following the rents to the dealership growing up and buying at the dealership myself in the past. Very excited to say the least. Side notes for only 240 HP this baby can move in a hurry. I also didn't test drive it or a similar car before buying. I knew I wanted it when I first saw the 4 come out and read/watched reviews in YouTube and I was comfortable buying it blindly more or less.

Cool story brotendo I know.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Cayman is one of the best 'driver involvement' cars. Why would you want to get that type of car in an automatic? The manual makes it even more fun. Doing your own rev matches is far more satisfying than clicking a paddle.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man I would have really gotten the Cayman unless you needed those back seats.

You didn't think about getting the new M2? How much more is that than a 428 with the M sport package?

15. Asian Sensation

I don't know how to drive manual :eek:

The 2 series looks a bit girlish for my taste. The 4 is perfect to me.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

I had the cayman s with PDK.
    It was one heck of a car. Almost felt like I was driving on rails.
    The PDK shifts so smoothly. Put it in Sport or Sport Plus and it's addictive fun.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

[​IMG]
    i just made this meme, literally my experience selling my car on cglist

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I thought I had just clicked on the wrong forum and entered a Morey thread ...

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

in that case......ill know where to use it!

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Deleted drunk post smh

#200 LonghornFan, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016