1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Browns @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 1, 2011.

1. pocketrocket81

Ok, I just watched the end of the Ravens and Steelers game. I could be wrong but if my calculations are correct on the total yardage between the Steelers and Ravens , in addition to the total yards we gave up to the Browns today. We are unofficially the # 1 defense on total defense as of this week. I wasn't sure if we could break the top two but if I calculated correctly then our total defense is at 274 per game.The Steelers total defense is at 280 per game and the Ravens ( based on 8 games) are at a shade over 279 per game. I am so impressed with this defense after losing Mario for the year and Manning for quite a few games. Brooks Reed has really stepped in and done a great job. Life is good :)

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

I just watched the Browns' postgame press conference. How depressing.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Texans are allowing the fewest yards per game.

See pocketrocket81's post above.

In terms of points allowed per game, we should've moved up from 5th to 3rd behind the Niners and Ravens, leapfrogging the Steelers and Bengals.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

To play devil's advocate and dampen the joy a bit, our schedule has been a bit soft, we've only faced one elite quarterback, and we're only 1-2 against teams over .500.

All of that said it seems nearly impossible at this point for us to miss the playoffs, and I think we're a legitimately good team. Just not sure we're the Superbowl contender our raw statistics indicate.

1 person likes this.
  5. liljojo

liljojo Member

Confidence and momentum count for a lot though. See: Arizona Cardinals. We have the talent and schemes to beat any team in the league. I think Houston fans are so used their team being horrible that we can't comprehend our team being top 5 in the league. The only teams that I'm really intimidated by at this point are the Packers and maybe the Ravens.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think anyone is confident we are the best team in the conference, but our schedule makes having the best record a real possibility.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is not a team in the league that the Texans couldn't beat, they are finally realizing how good theybare.

DD

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Put the koolaid down and step away, slowly.

The Packers and the Saints are teams that the Texans would struggle to beat.

1 person likes this.
  9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly... A healthy Foster would of been a W against the Saints. I think if they had converted two TD's instead of FG's, no way Brees and the Saints would have enough energy to play in a shoot out like that. That's just my opinion.

Packers... Rogers would kill the one they call Karen Jackson...

Either way, this is a good team. We won't see them at full strength this year to see how good they truly can be with Mario, Manning, and Johnson out. At least Johnson and Manning will be back sometime this year...

10. DaDakota

The Texans had the Saints beaten in New Orleans without Arian Foster, the Saints are definitly beatable.

The Packers defense is horrible they can be taken down too, though that would be an upset.

DD

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

so true...a healthy Foster and I really feel we would have won the saints game, and the Packers offense is great and the defense shows you can keep up with them. . .and the real question is has the Packers faced a pure unadulterated badass defense like the Texans this year? :)

12. conquistador#11

completely agree. Although, if the refs allow kareem to be physical with no.2 receivers like they allowed him to be against cleveland's no name receivers, he might be a decent cb. Kareem didn't even have to turn his head around on those passes he defended yesterday.:p

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Dude, what? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The sign of the coming rapture? Schaub has more rushing TD's than Chris Johnson with the season more than halfway over! . . .:eek:

15. DaDakota

Let's hope we see this matchup !

;)

DD

16. DaDakota

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I would feel better if we were beating good squads, but oh well. If we get to the postseason there is no AFC team that we just have no shot against. Now some of those NFC squads....different story. But if it gets to that point then you're talking SB and that's a plus either way.

Anything can happen in the postseason. We just need to finally get there to see if it can happen to us.

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which team would you take on offense? Houston or GB? Not talking about QB's but just overall offense? My heart says Houston. I think the offense is only going to get better once they get AJ back. But... I don't trust our coaching.... That's what really bothers me.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Oh don't get me wrong I agree totally I'm just not sure I buy we're a top 5 team in the NFL just yet.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

However . . . is the coaching up to the task.
    That is our biggest weakness.

Rocket River