1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Browns @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 1, 2011.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You made another point against Leach, Tate is way more important to the running game than Leach. We can afford to lose Leach, Tate out our running game is not as potent with Foster having to carry the load.

And both Tate and Foster have been in and out with injuries in many games this year, no consistency = lousy yards per attempt thus far. That will only get better as both get in a groove as the season progresses.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Should I be rooting for Cincy or Tennesse? Cincy is potential wildcard competition.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

is that a trick question? Cincy, of course.

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

The only way we need to be concerned about the wild card is if Tennessee manages to pass us.

Ergo, root for Cincy.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Probably 12th after this game. Also, the Texans have had a huge number of kneels this season. Also, Foster has been a little slowed recovering from his hamstring. The Texans showed today they can run without Leach.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I never said they couldn't run without him... I'm merely saying that they'd be better/more consistent with him. I don't really care if he's over/under paid.... he would make this team better.

7. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

What a Bad Ass!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Another dominating performance by the Texans. Loving it. 6-3 baby!:cool:

9. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Wow I feel bad for Colt McCoy. The Browns are just awful. Josh Cribbs and Phil Dawson, that's about it.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am very excited about this game. Why, you say, it's the Brown we SHOULD have won and big? Because these are the type of games the Texans have blown in the past. But today, they came out, punched the Browns in the nose from the start and then coasted to a victory. With the defense playing at high level, if the Texans get on top, it is tough to rebound against them. For one thing, they will run all day on you and eat up the clock. When Johnson gets back, they are even better. This is a legit playoff team we are watching and I am predicting they beat TB next week.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

...at one aspect of the game, very slightly. The Texans needed a safety more.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

White Boy Super Squad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Don't forget Shaun Cody, nose tackles never get highlights

Outside of Foxboro, the Texans are probably the whitest team in the league, 12 of the 20 possible starters. (i don't count cornerbacks because apparently we're incapable of playing the position)

I don't care who plays if they win, but as a white dude i'm not gonna lie, it's kind of cool.

1 person likes this.
  14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't care much about white linebackers, white offensive linemen, and maybe white defensive linemen.

when i start seeing white corners, and white safeties, then it's awesome.

i'm not white, i just find it kinda funny.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Not worried about yards per carry. The fact that we have more rushing attempts means we have the liberty of running the ball more often because we have complete offense that is able to get first downs and convert third downs. It means we are winning and running the ball down the stretch to burn up clock. There is nothing wrong with YPC going down on a winning team when you understand the winning dynamic applied to the running game.

16. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Seriously...

If you haven't at least played Varsity high school football on a 4A/5A team in your life please don't really comment as you probably don't know anything. Texans are the ****ake this year.

17. Turpis

Turpis Member

Where can i find defense rankings up to date?

18. conquistador#11

you have to wait until all the 3 0clock games are done. Best thing to hope for is a shootout in the Bal v Pitt game so we can take the no.1 spot:p

1 person likes this.
  19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Titans lose to the Bengals 24-17.

We officially winning this division now.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

New Englad lost too. That is going to help with seeding.