1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Broncos @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"Watcha gonna do Denver, when Bearded Schaub runs all over YOU"! @<a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat">PatDStat</a> <a href="http://t.co/zqM9fK7AtR" title="http://twitter.com/Northside_Mike/status/414157357036224512/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/zqM9fK7AtR</a></p>&mdash; Mike (@Northside_Mike) <a href="https://twitter.com/Northside_Mike/status/414157357036224512" data-datetime="2013-12-20T22:16:23+00:00">December 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am guessing Matt Schaub when he won the Pee Wee football championship?

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Just ran into John Elway, Jack Del Rio, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Demaryius Thomas, Wesley Woodyard, Quentin Jammer, and Von Miller.

Woodyard and Miller were the coolest of the bunch. Welker was a little pansy, said he didnt have time for anything because he had curfew...even though guys like Miller and DT trailed behind like 20 minutes later.

#64 rezdawg, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  5. cardpire

cardpire Member

Where at? Heard Peyton was at Del Frisco's tonight.

6. rezdawg

Yup...The Del Friscos at the Galleria, not the Grille on Westheimer and Kirby. My bro in law is in town for the Broncos game, he's die hard. He knew some people staying at JW Marriot, so went there to grab a drink at the bar...Del Rio walked into the bar. The defensive back assistant coach gave my wife his card and told her to text him later. I was going to **** with him via text, but too lazy. Would be happy to share if anyone wants to blackmail him.

Then players started rolling in one by one.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Ha...I wish you would. Who is he? Former player?

8. rezdawg

Sam Garnes? Not sure...his card just says defensive backs assistant coach.

9. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Friday's quotes:

Interim Head Coach Wade Phillips
    (opening statement) “Garrett Graham is questionable for the ballgame. (DeVier) Posey is out. Obviously, Case Keenum’s out. So that’s where we are injury-wise. It’s a pretty special deal here, these guys giving these bicycles to these kids. I mean it’s great when you think of somebody else, and these guys put the money together to buy these bicycles for these kids, and they’re having fun with it, and I know the kids appreciate it, and we appreciate our guys doing it, and our team doing that. I think that’s something special.”

*NOTE: - Children from the Boys & Girls Club, the Houston Texans YMCA and Pro-Vision were present following practice for a bike giveaway. The entire Houston Texans coaching staff and players participated in purchasing 130 bicycles that were given away. This is the eighth year the Texans have done this in the holiday season.

(on if the money comes from fines) “Yeah, but they gave money. They all gave money themselves, or we all gave money, but it’s for a great cause, and to see kids smile at this time of the year is really great.”

(on if the team was still sharp today in practice) “Yeah we had a good, spirited practice. I think you could hear them at the end of practice. We finished strong today, and you know we’ve still got one more kind of walk-through tomorrow, and then the hay will be in the barn. Let’s go play.”

(on if starting QB T.J. Yates was an option) “It really wasn’t. Like I said, (Matt) Schaub had been the backup quarterback all along. He had been getting some reps, and also the guy that played some in the last eight games, so he was really the guy ready to play.”

(on how QB Case Keenum is healing) “Well we had to keep him in a splint so he couldn’t do anything this week, and then we’ll see next week how he is.”

(on being WR Andre Johnson’s head coach) “You know it’s pretty special for me. I know it’s an interim deal, but to say you have been the head coach of Andre Johnson is pretty neat. I think I’ve got five guys that I can say that are in the hall of fame that I was the head coach when they were there, and about 18 guys I’ve been around when I was on the team. I’m looking forward to him breaking that record, or tying that record and going forward. I’m going to claim him no matter what. I don’t know if he’ll claim me as a head coach, but I’m going to claim him when he goes in the Hall of Fame.”

(on who his five guys in the Hall of Fame are who played under him when he was a head coach) “Well let’s see, John Elway, Shannon Sharpe, Gary Zimmerman, Thurman Thomas, Ricky Jackson. I think that’s it. It’s a great group, so I’m bragging on myself on all those, but I didn’t have a whole lot to do with any of them, but they all made it, and they all deserved it.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...ember-20/48802494-3af3-42f2-bce0-fa7e6c98e8ad

10. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Andre Johnson needs one catch to reach 100 for the season. Four catches would put him into 14th place on the all-time receptions list.

Game Release

Video Trailer

Uniform: Blue Jersey / White Pants

TV Distribution Map (Texans game in blue -- early CBS)

Win Probability Graph (will be live during game)
    <iframe width="500" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://live.advancednflstats.com/featureGraph.php?team=HST" name="game" ></iframe>

The referee for the game will be Ed Hochuli.

Go Texans!

11. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Hope we get beat by 50+.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Randy and his Punt Pass & Kick trophy?

1 person likes this.
  13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Young DaDakota?

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Roof open.

Most open roof games since 2008 (hurricaine Ike year when all the home games had open roof).

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think the Texans will win today.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Im so hyped for the game. Schaubs return, playing to solidify spot as worse team in the league. What more can we fans ask for? This is Awesome!

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Let's go baby

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Go Trindon

1 person likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder how many pages this thread will reach. I'm assuming half the usual posters arent even watching lol

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lol this is too easy. Only thing stopping Denver today is John fox benching his starters.