1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Blue Jays @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 14, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, it's so great when Houston does well.

Great comeback!

Springer's absence has been this team's only real downfall this year. And with reinforcements on the way (hopefully), we could sustain other injuries (God forbid).

H-Town on the come up!!!!!

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So... At least the Astros look good.

Making baseball fun again.

That epic comeback! This city loves it's comebacks!

#82 Uprising, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Astros come back, Rockets epic comeback. I could not be happier right now!

4. conquistador#11

so many comebacks, everyone gets a comeback...ahhhh i can't sleep!

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

I enjoyed tonight. Quite a bit.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Another quality come from behind victory. It's still a strange feeling to gain a late lead, and feel extremely confident that we will keep it.

Good to see Tucker get going as well.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

yeah, i think tucker may have saved his spot tonight.

they just said on sportscenter that we have 10 come-from-behind wins already in 35 games. that's nutso.

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

9. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

And one of the board's favorite whipping boys, Villar, has had two solid games in a row (defensively saving the game in the 9th on Wednesday with his throwout at third, and then timely hitting last night for the tying and winning runs).

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not to take anything away from Villar, but the defensive play he made Wednesday is one that 100% of the shortstops in professional baseball should make. It was a routine grounder, a routine pivot and a routine throw.

11. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

About what time do the Astros do their batting practice?

12. Buck Turgidson

The following Batting Practice schedule will be in place for the 2015 Houston Astros Home Games.
    - Astros BP to start at 4:45 p.m. for 7:10 p.m. game times before September 1st.
    - Astros BP to start at 4:35 p.m. for 7:10 p.m. game times after September 1st.(to adjust for expanded rosters)
    - For all other game times expect Astros BP to start 2 hours and 25 minutes before the scheduled game time.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=guide

Unfortunately, for regular ticket holders the gates open 2 hours before gametime. If you rush in, you might catch the tail end of BP. My advice, if you really want to catch BP some day, is to buy someone's season tickets off of stubhub or somewhere. The Season Ticket entrance opens 30 minutes earlier that the regular gates.

1 person likes this.
  13. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Thanks for the heads up!

14. newAge_Rockets

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

Sizzling right now. Wish the Texans had a qb so we could have championship hopes in all 3. Rockets and Stros will be good for at least a couple more years though, so hopefully the Texans find Super Bowl-capable qb in that window.

Fun times.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Like this lineup.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tonight's lineup as <a href="https://twitter.com/kidkeuchy">@kidkeuchy</a> and the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> host the Blue Jays at 7:10. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoBeardOrGoHome?src=hash">#GoBeardOrGoHome</a> <a href="http://t.co/Ie2MUNriQX">pic.twitter.com/Ie2MUNriQX</a></p>&mdash; #VoteAstros (@astros) <a href="https://twitter.com/astros/status/599307807024807938">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

same, it would be nice to see Lowrie or Correa penciled in the 8th spot but otherwise its a good one

18. LondonAstro

LondonAstro Member

Fantastic comeback win last night (again), gotta say I love how the team is developing character-wise this season so far. They aren't accepting defeat and it's such a great quality to have.

Here's to hoping Keuchel keeps that '0' tonight and we get another big win!

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Correa ain't gonna be batting 8th. Sorry.

20. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Yeah I know..it was more of a reference to replacing Gonzalez in the lineup than where they are batting...I should've send, "It would be nice to pencil in Lowrie/Correa INSTEAD of Marwin."

I want this team to crush skulls and take no prisoners. The Astros have been the laughing stock for too long. I hope the front office seizes the opportunity