1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I know a number of people that like Biden because they believe he is a return to the moderate stability of pre-Trump.

Personally I do not think Biden would be terribly good or bad..... but that is what many people want.

Biden's family has profited off his position...... but he isn't a certified grifter like Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

3. Major

Major Member

No, I'm not going to ignore you. You're either a troll, a liar, or a fool. I'll keep calling you out for being that. Sorry if you don't like it.

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Only those 3 options? I only post in this thread. At least my "trolling" is localized.

#925 DreamShook, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Not you apparently. You said you would not vote for Sanders.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

They did forget that, and as you correctly called them out , take Black voters for granted. Warren and Klobuchar together poll only 9% w. black voters. Add on their guy Mayor Pete to make it around 10%.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Would you agree with me that we cannot financially support the plans that Bernie Sanders is proposing?

10. dmoneybangbang

The pseudoscience guy is voting for Bernie? Yikes, but not surprising.

11. dmoneybangbang

Good thing we got Rockin’ Joe Biden.

Seemed like Bernie took black voters for granted in 2016 when he wasn’t supported. Good for Bernie for building his brand and reaching out but let’s not act like Clinton wasn’t favored by minorities over Bernie.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't agree. It's a lot of money, I agree with that, but structural change takes time and money. it is what it is.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I will worry about that when Klobuchar or Warren win a primary.

Black turnout increased when the first black president was elected. The black turnout in 2016 was higher than it was for any other candidate in generations.The idea that black people are suddenly going to run for the polls because Sanders is the nominee is based on no evidence at all.
    Sanders doesn't even poll the best with black voters in the democratic primary........ the man that was VP when Obama was president does.

joshuaao, jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cornell West is also voting for Bernie. Bernie appeals to both sides of the spectrum.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I can understand supporting what Sanders proposes as far as helping workers and the poor and working class. I think all of those issues need to be addressed. I just do not think it is fiscally (or politically) possible to do what he wants to do. If I had confidence that he would make compromises, I would likely support him. The issue I have with him is that what he is proposing not possible, at least in the scope he wants.

I respect him that he has fought for his convictions for many decades. However there is more to it when nominating a President.

joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Am I supposed to be surprised Cornell West is voting for Sanders?

Joe Rogan is what part of the spectrum?

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

In all fairness a lot of people support Sanders and he has a healthy following regardless of whether he wins or loses the nomination and his views are far more accepted than they were even 4-5 years ago.

I know a lot of people that say they do not care if his plan is not possible, they will support him simply to have his positions heard.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He isn't talking about structural change, he is talking about the numbers. That's all his post is about. We don't have the money to pay for all of Sanders plans. That's just the freaking reality.

Ignore the fact that he won't get the support he needs to pass them.

Only thing that Bernie would be able to accomplish if he were to get to office is whatever he is able to do through executive order, picking some judges and hopefully help us reestablish our lines with our allies.

Nook, joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This post really shows that you do not have a clue how spending works or you are just like the Trump folks who want to confuse with numbers that don't mean anything.

Why don't you actually look at where he got the money and stop acting like Obama just went into the white house piggy bank or that he spearheaded the bailout.

This is why the Bernie Bros are terrible if you have to bad mouth Obama to make a point you lose your audience.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Trump still has not funding for a wall, what he is doing is illegal.

Why are you just making **** up?

dmoneybangbang likes this.