1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I gave you a video of CNN using a WEEKS OLD Iowa poll so they can frame Klobuchar, who is polling at -1000000% as a viable candidate for president. They have polls for all the important primary states damn near every hour (hyperbole) and they use an old one to create conversation.

When have you ever seen anyone use a poll more than a day old?

At the time of that video, Bernie was polling 1st or 2nd in Iowa.

You wonder why I ignore your posts? It's this right here. You are on that silly sh-t.

There is nothing I will post that will change the mind of people that don't want Bernie as President. I'm fine with that. I'm just posting.

2. dmoneybangbang

Pretty generous of the DNC, considering Bernie only became a Democrat for the funding apparatus.

Nook likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you hate to see it. smh.

[​IMG]

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you care more about what someone can do for a political party rather than what the political party can do for the country?

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

These are good questions..

[​IMG]

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude it was the last poll taken and yes people use those polls all the time.

Did you really ask me have I seen people using a poll over a day old?

Really?

And you call me a silly **** LOL.

When did this video air?

Do you even know?

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe I should have put (hyperbole) after "a day old" too. I forgot who I was talking to.. smh

"When did this video air" is a classic question to all the videos I post by the always a step behind @jiggyfly

How in the hot hell are you going to ask me when the video aired and you were giving me timelines of the last Iowa poll quoting the post?

Jig, you are going to have to catch up, man

8. dmoneybangbang

Well I don’t think Bernie or his brand of progressivism is necessarily right for the country so I don’t think the DNC needs to veer that strong leftward.

9. dmoneybangbang

I’m not a “progressive” like you.

10. dmoneybangbang

Well? There’s no actual date on the video?

If moderates don’t like Trump’s fake news BS, why would we like progressives’ too?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm asking you a real question: What is it about Bernie's platform don't you like? What is too left? What don't you like?

12. fchowd0311

"FrEe EvErYtHiNg"

Any criticism of the media's coverage of how progressive candidates are treated is met with "lOl BeRnIE BrOs". I'm not even that much of a fan of Bernie but it's so damn obvious that corporate media has a natural vested interest in favoring candidates that are fine with the status quo of corporate influence in our politicans. It's a feature, not a bug for them. Why would DC pundits want to change the status quo? They're fine with throwing loose change to the general public hence half assed measures that won't solve systemic issues.

I don't know why any middle class American finds that implicit bias acceptable?

Want to start a war in Iraq that will cost over a trillion dollars? No complaints about "where do you find the money?". Health care for poor Americans: "HoW aRe YoU gOiNg tO pAy FoR iT?".

13. dmoneybangbang

[
    I think Bernie is a populist while Warren was an actual policy wonk, which appeals to me more so. Bernie’s victimhood and “everything is the rich folks“ fault is off putting.

I dont feel like going down the list of policies, but I prefer incrementalism over what’s Bernie selling. His website is full of a bunch of easy answers and platitudes. Green Deal? Great, but the devil is in the details. College for All? Great, but the devil is in the details.

14. fchowd0311

Unfortunately Warren has resorted to platitudes too often especially in debates. And maybe that has a large part to do with the format of the debates that don't allow nuance but she had some issues explaining how to pay for M4A. Bernie is willing to admit that taxes might have to go up with the middle class to pay for it but middle class will have a net saving. Warren couldn't because I feel as if she panders more than Bernie. Bernie doesn't pander. He genuinely believes in this stuff. Hence him saying the same **** for multiple decades.

#714 fchowd0311, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    joshuaao and DreamShook like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

The devils in the details.... ask Warren how that’s going with her campaign. Bernie, like Trump, is more about the narratives than the details. Unlike Trump, I’d actually vote for Bernie if he won the nomination.

So is Warren part of the corporate media and DC pundit establishment?

“Establishment”... “corporate media”... All buzz words to me. I have no idea why DC pundits benefit from half measures and not full measures. Is the media not based on viewership? Or is everything decided by a bunch of cigar smoking men in dimly lit rooms?

Maybe you don’t understand the middle class like you think you do? Or maybe the middle class is compromised of a bunch of diverse groups?

Really? All this hyperbole only weakens your stance. The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars are wildly unpopular and we’ve questioned why we are there from day 1 almost.

It’s like you where blindfolded and ear muffed from 2001-2016.

16. dmoneybangbang

Warren went into way more details than Bernie on Medicare for all, hence why Bernie could take the position he did after the fact.

I thought you weren’t that much into Bernie per your comment above, strange. Warren was my candidate until I realized this current crop of progressives were populists. I had hope Warren would move more to the center.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bernie blows no smoke. Whenever he talks about how he will pay for his policies he makes sure to tell you taxes will go up and the wealthy will pay their fair share even though he knows media will pounce and make it a talking point against him.

Even though Warren is my second choice, she is the one that tries to get over and tries to play a political game. Whenever she gets confronted about how she will pay for her policies, she tries to lie and say taxes won't go up so the media won't hit her with the "see, she is taxing the middle class!". Warren then tries to finagle her policies and hide what the middle class will pay.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars are unpopular NOW in hindsight. The wars were backed by majority of the legacy media outlets back in 2001-2005 with little to no push back. Hardly any "how are you going to pay for this?" concerns.

Why would shareholders of major media networks who appreciate the status quo of corporate lobbying because it maximizes their profits want change that limits or deletes that status quo?

You are trying to frame my argument in to some grand conspiracy. There are no marching orders from executives to these anchors and pundits that explicitly say "Bernie bad". The bias comes from the hiring process. They chose pundits that have benefited from the status quo who are less willing to accept systemic issues in our governance is real.

Outlets like CNN have more in common with Fox News than news outlets like the Intercept. How many Fox anchors and pundits found their way to CNN and vise versa? How many Intercept journalists and journalists from progressive outlets that are more harsh on the status quo get hired to CNN?

#718 fchowd0311, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Bernie saw the way you guys are fighting and parsing his words it would literally break his heart.

Nook likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

I think the discussion is cordial. No Ill will towards @dmoneybangbang