1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is what happens when people start thinking of politics as team sports.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

TimCast is the leading source of non biased internet based journalism.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So do you not have a problem that a journalist is in the bag for Bernie?

And this guy owns the site

Forest Hills Consulting is led by Peter D. Greenberger. Peter has held executive revenue and partnership positions at both Google and Twitter and has 25 years of experience at the intersection of politics, government, media and technology.

Peter combines over a decade of digital platform experience with a deep political understanding: having managed statewide political campaigns and serving in the White House.

Forest Hills Consulting leverages this unique experience to provide strategic counsel and business development support to clients interested in effective communications and advocacy efforts in today’s digital world.

He worked for a consulting firm.

https://foresthillsconsulting.net/

Should we be ok with that?

Asking for a friend.

Nook likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

Cenk feels the Bern!

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cenk is awesome. He can out debate anyone and has solid integrity.

6. TheresTheDagger

And he gets freaky with animals! That should help with the soccer mom vote!

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Except he doesn't really.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Take it up with Cenk.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't have a cow, people.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Umm, you claimed that he gets freaky with animals.

Much different from what was being discussed in that video which, if taken seriously, would be a pretty libertarian position...and was said in a joking manner in the first place.

Nook and FrontRunner like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yup going to be incredibly hard to go from a youtube comedian/commentator to a politician, super easy to find you saying silly things. If Bernie didn't drop his endorsement you'd see him being smeared for "supporting" Cenks jokes / old comments.

12. Invisible Fan

Worthy of note, it's mostly the left that's vocally against Cenks right now.

The bus throwing is nothing new.

Nook likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Of course, but not the same part of the left that I support.

I don't view establishment/centrist left to be the same ideology that I have. "far" left or populist left, or social democrat left is SO different from the establishment/centrist left in terms of the policies, that they, as in politicians like Cenk/Bernie/AOC, are constantly attacked by centrist/mainstream left. Same vice versa as well.

CometsWin likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

If I read correctly, he's under fire for saying mean politically incorrect things.

Centrist or mainstream left might eye roll his platform but If they are behind it, they're using or hiding behind the cancel tactics of the extreme left to make their point.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I definitely think it's the centrist attacking here.

What you're describing as extreme left cancel culture, are also a different group of people, a group that I think aligns closest to the mainstream/establishment dems, because it's mostly a group of people who, in my mind, aren't actually very deep into politics at all, outside of twitter mobbing and self-identifying as liberal.

Which I would like to add, IMO, that group that conservatives think of as extreme leftist - pink haired college vegan SJW's who want the entire world to start using gender-neutral pronouns, are a relatively small group of people that are extremely overrepresented online / twitter due to how vocal they are.

I wish we had a group of people that vocal fighting for medicare for all, tuition-free college, campaign finance reform, ending the wars etc, but I don't believe that group crosses over a ton with whom I'd label as wanting a social democracy. I don't think many of the pink hair SJW's know what a social democracy is, I don't think many of those people support Bernie because he's an old white man who "stole" the election away from Hillary, who would have been the first female president.

16. Invisible Fan

I'm not too concerned about the source given how weaponized and the terrifying fear it induces on the targets of these attacks criticisms. The liberal response and mindshare is so rote programmed and conditioned that the right-wing will sometimes leak the exposures to media outlets as a form of laundering the source and "anchoring left". It's this fear that gives those groups their over-represented voice.

I would categorize someone like aoc or what her "caucus" represents as the extreme left if only because they relish and live off of differentiating themselves from the establishment given any opportunity. They should be taken seriously even if there isn't an organized head or targetable body.

Those platforms are very government centric and any one of them by itself will be an uphill battle to pull off. I'm not saying we shouldn't try but doing costs money, while wishing doesn't. Maybe it's the John Oliver episodes on the weather channel and TurboTax, but regulatory capture is an ongoing problem that any admin trying to reform healthcare (let alone other platforms) has to overcome. If you consider an organization/agency/corporation as a living being it'll do anything and everything to fight for it's survival. That's one reason Obamacare is the way it is now.

I dunno, your last paragraph is longer winded topic for me.

Nook likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are you really trying to make a point that somehow people who are liberals and or supporters of Bernie have sex with Horses? That is insane.

If that’s not the case then this obviously was a joke that didn’t land and went to far. What happened to the fight against PC culture Trump fans lose their sh$t over?

FYI the people who flipped out about this were liberals. You are just obviously trying to make this a bigger thing about Bernie and Liberals. I don’t really watch TYT’s and didn’t know one of the hosts was running for Congress until you brought this up so I really don’t care.

FYI half of the idiots in the Congressional Republican House already believe in insane crap like lizard people, and that Obama is a secret Muslim who wants to destroy America. There’s no shortage of bizarre statements in the GOP House so if this guy does actually believe in legalizing sex with horses and it’s not a joke, he’ll be par for the course in the House.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related:

http://volokh.com/2013/12/16/brown-v-buhman-bestiality/

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He embarrassed himself at politicon against Ben Shapiro. I agree with him about a lot of things, but he is much better suited as a media personality.

Not shocked to see that his long public history in the media has come back to cost him given the fickle cannibalistic tendencies of the modern left. Sigh.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Totally disagree about the Ben Shapiro debate. Shapiro got spanked hard. Of course, Shapiro has an industry of people who start tweeting about how great Shapiro does at every debtate. But watching the tapes of the debate, Shapiro was slapped down time and again.