1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

24-10 Texans

I can sense a big game from cushing

2. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

For the guys going to the game, you better your part! I want to see some of that crowd noise rivaling those playoff Astros teams. :cool:

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

so what good did the 7 game winning streak do for the Texans in the 8th game? absolutely nothing.

1 person likes this.
  4. Win

Win Contributing Member

The defense will win this game for the Texans.

Texans - 17
    Bengals - 9

5. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I hate that the game is on Saturday at 3:30, I have tickets and def going but I also want to watch Sam Houston play for the FCS National title and that starts at noon. I'm sure somebody will have it on at a tailgate but the 4th quarter will be the 1st quarter of Texans game. Hopefully, the Bearkats will have the game in hand by then.
    If someone wants to start or hears of any kind of Sam viewing party at the Texans tailgate please post it, there is an orange lot behind the Dome ;)

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

You think that might have something to do with celebrating winning the division like it was the Super Bowl, like the season was over, like they had reached their ultimate goal? Because after that, they took their foot off the gas.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Who the hell are these teams? :confused: Three of the four AFC teams playing this weekend (including the Bengals) are entering the postseason off of losses, and the lone win (Pittsburgh) was a whopping 13-9 clunker against the Browns.

8. The Cat

Instead of playing amateur psychologist, have you considered that maybe it had nothing to do with taking their foot off the gas? Without Schaub and Andre, the Texans' margin for error is very little. Every game was close. They simply don't have the firepower to blow teams away. In the Atlanta and Cincinnati games, Julio Jones dropped a point-blank tying TD and the Bengals jumped early on a 4th-and-an-inch that would have won it.

The Carolina game was when defensive coordinators had enough film on Yates to make adjustments, and he forced a couple throws that weren't there. The Indianapolis game swung on several bad calls that all went against the Texans.

You can believe what you want, I suppose, but I can promise that games prior to Dec. 4 - much less prior seasons - are irrelevant as to how the Texans will perform and be thinking come Saturday. The bottom line is that the Texans aren't who they were for most of the first 13 games of this season. That doesn't mean they're doomed and can't win. There's not a single team in the AFC that I don't think they can beat on a given day. It just means they're going to be somewhat unpredictable, and the margin of error is greatly limited. It worked out for them in Weeks 13 and 14; didn't in 15 and 16. (I'm not paying any attention to Week 17, since it was a glorified week 2 preseason game for the Texans.)

I'll take Texans 23, Bengals 17.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Here we ****ing go! Gonna be the longest week ever.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Quick question, I believe the N.F.L. is enforcing a new policy where O.T. isn't decided by a field goal if the team that won the toss gets it on the first drive. But, I kept hearing it's only in effect for the playoffs. Will that be in play for Texans-Bengals II?

11. The Cat

Yes it will.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Is Goodell going to force the Texans to open the roof?

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think so, but heard that David Stern will.....

14. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

No. Preliminary roof report is closed. Noise level will be in the ear bleeding category.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I hope not. I want that place as loud as can be so the cameras can shake again.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Lol, I got the Astros reference even if nobody else did :)

1 person likes this.
  17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Those of you attending had better blow the roof of the joint. Like the ATL game proved the crowd can make a big difference

I forsee a huge game by the defense and dont forget Dalton is a rookie in his first playoff game too.

Houston 20
    Cincy 13

18. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

NFL Network will show the Texans/Bengals game from earlier this season on Thursday at 11pm. It'll be the entire three-hour edition, not some cut up 45-minute piece.

1 person likes this.
  19. Uprising

wasn't sure if I was going to have to say "like Selig". glad some one got it.

20. Uprising

thanks for the heads up! rep.

Also, khou is doing an hour long special on Friday. around 8 I think.