1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 2, 2012.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Can't wait.. Anyone putting money on this game? Spread is -3 Texans. I'm tempted!!!

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

For some reason, I wish the title said [Playoffs] instead of Official. I guess its me trying to enjoy every bit of this moment. Also, I always wondered if they would rock the Battle Red jerseys in the playoffs, and it took 10 years to find out that they wouldn't... in the Wild Card round.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Texans 33
    Bengals 31

CLOSE game, becomes a "late-winner" game of sorts for kickers and running backs. Bengals step it up on D, but Rackers wins it in either time-expiring or overtime fashion.

¡¡¡VAMOS, TEXANS en la POST-temporada!!! :mad:

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

If all that happens, the Texans will surely win, but I predict that the "playing it safe" approach which resulted in the team entering the playoffs on a three game losing streak will backfire, and they will be crushed by the Bengals, and it won't be close. You can't turn winning on and off it is a deeply entrenched and well established pattern. The Texans have gotten comfortable with losing and that is what they will do Sunday. I so hope I am wrong, but I have a strong feeling that I am right. :( 35-17 Bengals.

5. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

History time, let's get this done 24-10 Texans!

6. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I started the unofficial thread but I'll post in this one, we win 28-21

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Texans win. 31-27.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You are basing this on what? Have you played in the nfl? Have you talked to players personally and they told you that they are comfortable with losing?

9. Ashes

Ashes Member

WHY MUST IT BE ON SATURDAY?!!

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Shock the world part Deaux!

Texans-30
    Bengals - 14

Every team has been reset at 0-0. Why not go to the Superbowl? Let's do it!
    Lots to be excited about...sure, if Schaub was playing the talk of SB would be more serious, but why not? Wade will pull out pure sexy, exotic blitz packages! Arian and Dre will be frothing at the mouth! Reliant will be on fire! !

All I want is 3 consecutive wins. That is all. Next year we can win it, let's just get there!

Go TEXANS!!!!

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Does this mean Wade won't be on the sidelines? I would prefer him to be up close and personal with the players and coaching staff.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Wow! to think a few years ago we stunk and got the number 1 pick.And that number 1 pick didn't even lead us to the playoffs. Just WOW

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

That was 5 years ago.

14. HPD

HPD Member

Alex is sexy as hell!!

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

That's the amazing thing. Look how far we've come. Stinking and being the worst in the league to being able to make the playoffs with our key players going down.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Human psychology, no, no....any other questions?

Many of the players on this team have been losing for years, they have mastered the post game losing team interview. For many the seven game win streak was their first real experience with winning at the NFL level, then they lose, lose, and lose. Old pattern returns. Now, you flip a switch and new pattern is instantly re-established. Maybe yes, most likely, no. The other playoff teams roll into the postseason with win streaks of one or more; there is a reason for that. I would have gone all out the last three games and taken the risks. We will soon find out if the Kubiak plan works. I say it won't.

17. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I'm. Freaking. Out.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Correct. Up in the box again.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im a little worried about the bengals being able to run the ball against the texans. In the first half of the last game, they were absolutely dominating the line. Granted, the texans shut them down in the second but it goes to show you the bengals o-line ability.

This is going to be a tough game

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Every team there is a team that wins 3 games one year and 10 or more the next.