1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2008.

1. msn

msn Member

You are so right. Mea culpa.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's all how you look at it.

Another way to look at it is that we were a late 1st down away from giving the ball back to them and only being ahead by 1 TD. If we get a bad spot on that third down play (which has happened to us a few times this year) the Lions get the ball back with 2 minutes left looking to tie it up. Yes, they had no timeouts left, but in our history, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that much stranger things have happened.... :)

The way I see it, we should be 3-3 right now. We should have won against J-ville and Indy, but probably should have lost to Miami. So KARMA still owes us another win.

That's really all I was saying. It's a little too early to start saying "nanny nanny boo-boo" to all the "haters" out there like swoly was doing. Let's wait until we claw our way back into the Wildcard race first, which believe it or not, I still think we will.

3. msn

msn Member

Baby steps for a seven-year-old. Harumph. "Oh, but his first parents were idiots." Er, um, ok. Frustrating nonetheless.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

can...open

worms...everywhere

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What's funny is.... if you look at the current AFC standings, it's looking like 8-8 may very well get a Wildcard berth this year. Besides the 4 division leaders, the Pats are the only team that's above 500.

I really hope that Indy game doesn't come back to haunt us later in the season.....

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Texans are just one game out of the 2nd wild card spot.

7. msn

msn Member

At the current 2-4 pace, that margin would widen. "It's early," after all.

If the argument is that the Texans are better than the 2-4 mark based on the quality of teams they played and the cards that were not fumbled, err, bounced, err, fell in their favor, I'm not yet convinced. A good team finishes against Indy. A good team isn't in a position to lose against J-ville.

This is my favorite team, but they are not a good team. I predict 6 or 7 wins, down 2 from my preseason prediction.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:rolleyes: Dudes.

You know what I'm talking about. Peeps who came into the Colts' game thread just to say an "f word this" and "f the Texans that" and "that's it, we suck!" and crap like that. I am sticking with my Texans no matter if they lose or win. You know what I mean, don't act silly and try to make it seem now like those people always stuck by them. :eek:

9. updawg

updawg Member

this game will tell me a lot of where they are.

They should win this.

There shouldn't be a close, weird, what if, whatever type game.

10. msn

msn Member

I am sticking with my Texans, too. All things Houston!!

However, my favorite NFL team, the Texans, sucks. Hard. I hope better days are in the near future.

11. SwoLy-D

They don't "sucks". They will win their division and beat the Tucking Fitans. Don't say this again, please. :eek:

#31 SwoLy-D, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  12. msn

msn Member

The team does suck. I would like nothing more than for them to beat the t***. If you don't want me to say that, get on the phone with them and ask them to:
    • Stop fumbling the damn ball
    • Cover a pass on a run play
    • Play four complete quarters, rather than playing catch up in the second half or taking the second half off and watching the lead evaporate
    • Mix in an interception (not followed by a fumble) or a fumble recovery for cryin' out loud
    You know--things teams that don't suck do.

13. SwoLy-D

WOW. Classy. :rolleyes: Fine.

14. msn

msn Member

Awesome. I'm being lectured on class by the king of f-bombs.

2-4. 27th in the league or something on defense. +9 in turnovers. That has "sub-mediocre" written all over it. You can call it "whining" if you like, but when they were 8-8 I called them mediocre and right now they SUCK.

I'm sorry if that hurts your little feelings. The things you dismissed as "---- whine whine whine ---" earlier--are they inaccurate?

The whiners call for firings all day, or bemoan draft picks. I'm pointing out a simple fact: 2-4 is well below average. Have them win 2 more, and we'll revisit the topic. If they win the division, as you postulate, I will happily eat much crow. But teams that suck don't normally win divisions.

Go Texans.

15. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I want the Texans to win as much as anybody on this board or whatever. However, I must agree that their record at this point clearly shows they "suck." I'm sorry, SmiLey-D, that's just the way it is.
    I think they can still salvage an "average" season by going 8-8, which is what I thought they'd accomplish before the season started.

Texans - 24
    Bungles - 21

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You mean there are people in this thread whom actually think the Bengals will win this game.

I root for the Bengals and I don't even think that they will win.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

just so my steelers have an even stronger hold on the AFC north

go texans!

18. DPballer

DPballer Member

There are a lot of teams in this league that would've gone 2-4 with this schedule, even without the hurricane distraction.

19. yobod

yobod Member

Unfortunately, I think you're right. We hang on and win that game, we finish 10-6 with the final wild card spot. Now, we'll probably finish 9-7 and be on the outside looking in, with the Colts taking that last spot. It's a REALLY crappy feeling that I can't shake. Such are the woes of being a Houston sports fan.....MUCH more lows than highs.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I really wish that all of you could hear the hysteria that currently surrounds the Dallas Cowboys after their little meltdown against the Rams on Sunday. Last night I listened to a roundtable of sportswriters and radio hosts literally scream at each other about how the Cowboys' season is "on the brink", that Wade Phillips should have been fired on Monday and that it was all Jerry Jones' fault. It really gave me a sense of perspective: widespread panic in Dallas vs. hopeful optimism in Houston. But I have to agree with MSN: the Texans appear to be improving (at least offensively) but they are a long ways from being considered a "good" team as the numbers will attest. And they are one loss (against Cincy) from pissing everyone here off again.