1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Hinch should tell Luhnow, "Im done with him. I gave him every opportunity and than he curses at me on top of it.

everyday eddie likes this.
  2. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

hahahahhahaha

3. pocketrocket81

Hinch was asked about Giles **** you man comment in the after game press conference. Hinch said he didn't hear it but heard about it later in the dugout that Giles was angry. Hinch said people get upset in the heat of battle but if it was directed at him then it will be addressed. Yule C

raining threes and Uprising like this.
  4. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Wow...talk about a player's coach! Understands if those comments were made heat of the moment?!

You only "understand" if one of your stars F Bombs you, but if it's one of your marginal players...good riddance...

tmactoyao likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Hinch should be cussing Giles out. Giles has made Hinch look foolish often.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

If someone always says player x will suck when they come in, you can't keep banging that drum when you're right.

You do this about the bullpen, Hinch, the lineup, Giles every single time there is adversity. When the outcome is good, which is most of the time, it's "go Stros". If there is adversity, it's "saw it coming, 100%, Hinch can't manage the pen, etc."

I can appreciate your fandom, but dang man...doesnt that ish get old? Are games even enjoyable for you if it isn't a blow out?

Houstunna and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

9. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Winning takes care of everything. Just keep on winning Stros.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Seems like the closer the Nationals always wanted... oh wait.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’d be an upgrade for sure. But this mindset that once you get a closer, your problems are solved for years to come is as outdated as sacrifice bunting.

Aside from the one or two future HOF bullpen guys during a given era, all of these other guys are going to have ups/downs... stretches where they look like the second coming, then it all crashes down spectacularly when you least expect it.

Watching Wagner in the playoffs, and then seeing what happened to Lidge... I’m not the least bit phased about the Astros closer situation with all the multitude of solutions. What will end up most likely working is using a starter who is overqualified for the job, but certainly capable.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

So let me understand this - you call him a b**** ass cry baby (and basically a liar) and you claim to be among the "LEVEL HEADED"?

What part of your name calling rant even begins to resemble "CALM and SENSIBLE?"

#sleepitoff.

The Beard and Tomstro like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

He got out of a rundown between home and first.

13. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Hoffman, Eckersley and Rivera were like lights out. Too bad Stros didn't have someone like them.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hinch can’t manage the bullpen. Its frustrating. I have enough positive posts to avoid crap like this.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eckerley was a converted starter.

There would be better closers out there if more above average starters were willing to make the switch.

For this era, it’s basically Chapman and Kimbrel, neither of whom are as good as the previous era’s all time greats.

16. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Agree, closers are not as good like they used to be.

17. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

W
    He is a b**** ass cry baby. I just acknowledged it. That has nothing to do with my understanding that baseball is a marathon and it’s a waste of time to act like any one game is a referendum on a team or player. The Giles frustration I get...he’s an hard guy to root for. But Hinch? It’s idiotic to question his ability and anyone that does deserves to be mocked.

18. Buck Turgidson

You don't talk about that kind of stuff to the media, should stay in the clubhouse and front office.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It's not that serious ac. It's a forum discussion on a game.

But do what you want. You do you.

20. Buck Turgidson

So were Rivera, Andew Miller and others.