1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 9, 2018.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

main reason why i want him. he's already filthy but SO + GIDP is such a huge benefit. i honestly think his sinker is the most unhittable pitch from a closer this year if it's on, which it mostly has been save for tonight (though his defense let him down on both scoring plays) and the first 5 games of the year.

2. Buck Turgidson

I'm still amped up over that game.

Stros now have 2 walkoffs on errors (don't care if the popup was ruled a hit) where the ball traveled a combined 12 feet from the plate.

Hustle Town and Uprising like this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow! I'm glad I flipped back over to check the result and rewind/watch. Craziest ending I ever saw!

Uprising likes this.
  4. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember that scene in Moneyball where the old scouts are sitting around the table talking about kids' faces and projecting them as prospects? Yeah...

Major and lnchan like this.
  5. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Amazing how he avoided that tag.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

Haha. Playing baseball. Sure dude. No one that has played would b**** and quit and blame and cry like your b**** ass does every time they fall behind or deal with adversity.

The Beard likes this.
  7. tigereye

tigereye Member

No, **** YOU, Ken Giles.

Signed,
    All of Houston.

8. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Tomstro is frustrated, it shouldn't of gone to extra innings. If Giles can't get the job done he needs to be gone.

Tfor3 and Tomstro like this.
  9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I just call it like i see it. Like your post right there is stupid. I was a great player. You watched from the stands. That’s why you only comment after the fact. Solely because you are a b****.

11. ac in austin

Frustrated with the world champs that are poised to become a dynasty. I’m sure there is a support group of golden state warrior fans he could join and go cry about Steve Kerr being terrible.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Good lord people, take your anger out on Ken Giles... not each other.

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Wow at that crazy ending. I'll gladly take it.

Anyway, if Giles indeed cursed Hinch out (and it appears he did), then the Astros organization needs to discipline him. That was worse than McCullers' immature reaction to Gurriel mishandling the ball in that game back in late May.

Every player in MLB history gets frustrated (and some get emotional and upset) from time to time...that's fine and part of the game. But there's a line that simply shouldn't be crossed. And Giles crossed it. Combined with the "punch self in face" weirdness from earlier in the season...I'm starting to get a faint whiff of a "John Rocker" smell from him.

Honestly, I just want Giles gone, and I wish Luhnow had gotten rid of him during last offseason.

Hinch does deserve some blame for putting Giles in that situation in the first place though. Giles has proven over and over again that he is poor in non-save situations. (And he's inconsistent in save situations.)

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. ac in austin

Haha. I was a great player. #MATA

Make Tomstro great again.

You’re a broken record complainer that annoys every level headed fan on this forum.

arkoe, The Beard and MrBear1 like this.
  15. Stros66

Stros66 Member

why would Giles cursed at Hinch? Hinch has bend backwards for Giles. Giles should blame Giles.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

This type of ending often reminds me that anything is possible, including Tal's Hill mading it through the OSHA inspection.

Uprising likes this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

If by level headed, you mean a homer b**** like yourself, then yes I probably do annoy them.

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yeah if that's what it looks like, he needs to get disciplined. I understand you're frustrated but sheesh lol. Hinch just addressed it in the post-game actually. Said they'll talk if those comments were directed towards Hinch but understands if it was in the heat in the moment.

I was a defender last year until the post-season but he really does keep stooping to new lows.

He doesn't just look like Erlich but he acts like his real-life actor too. Immature as hell.

19. ac in austin

Look at my post count and my join date. How annoying does someone have to be to get me out of lurker mode.

arkoe, Colt45 and CometsWin like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member