1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 7, 2016.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is it just me or does the Astros' officiall scorer rarely side with the Astros' hitters when it's a hit vs. error call? Correa MAY have been out had the throw not pulled Alonso off the bag, but it was certainly questionable. There have been a few other recent examples where close plays were scored as errors vs. hits.

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yeah I said this earlier this week...we can definitely catch them, the injuries and luck have finally caught up to them. Add that with the fact that regression has hit the Twins in a positive way and they have taken it out on the Rangers. Their bullpen is severely taxed and if they don't make a big trade for an ace, I think we can win the division. Darvish is a beast, but there still has to be injury concerns and restrictions when he comes back. Holland is not that good. Not sure why others gave out on hope even when we were like 10 games back 2 weeks ago.

Good win heading into the all-star break but things can change quick. We will need Keuchel to pitch like he did today because it's tough to expect Fister to pitch like an ace for the second half of the season.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I think people were giving up because of how one sided the head to head games between the Astros and Rangers have been but they are falling hard right now. They have benefited from an unusual amount of luck so it's evening out. It was encouraging to see Keuchel with his outing today. He is due for some good fortunes to come his way more consistently. Astros are in a good spot right now.

4. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yeah that was weird to rule that as an E5, thought it was an infield single. Pretty sure they can go back and change it right?

5. Tyler493

Tyler493 Member

lol Rangers with 3 errors in the 8th

6. Major

Major Member

Every team does that.

When is a good time to lose to the A's (or anyone)? Would you rather lose to them when the Rangers are winning?

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Of all the teams in the league, the All Star break couldn't have happened at a better time than for the Rangers. More good luck?

1 person likes this.
  8. bobrek

They can change but it is usually done shortly after or during the game.

9. conquistador#11

because of the win, I promise I won't post in any new game threads for the next 4 days.

10. bobrek

You're just trolling

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You forget to add, "idiot".

1 person likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Suddenly the division title doesn't seem like such a long shot. And even though the Astros are 3 back of the Red Sox in the loss column for one of the wild card spots Boston has played 50 home games and only 37 road games(Astros have played 47 home, 42 road).

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I think the Red Sox will struggle also if they don't add a pitcher. Their SPs blow hard right now and Kimbrel is gonna be out for 4-6 weeks, which should cost them a couple games in the bullpen. Their elite hitting can only win so many games. They're in a similar spot to the Rangers and have been in freefall, but got some good fortune playing the lowly Rays before the all-star break.

Man, it's gonna be a crazy 2nd half of the season. Those wildcard spots are completely up for grabs

14. Buck Turgidson

15. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Bregman playing the futures mlb allstar game. Tripled first time up

16. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

And now a double, 2-2

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Weird Science indeed.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I thought he would've been out. I would've ruled it an E5. If we expect semi-biased scoring at home (because we see that out of other teams at times), then I agree with you. But I'm totally fine with an unbiased scorer.

The ones that are coming to mind immediately where I questioned the scoring were on the road. Can't recall being too upset at the home scorer. Seems like the type of thing where we might be prone to remember the ones that go against us (a la shift-based hits vs. outs). Not to say you're doing that necessarily.

19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

My lineup

Springer RF
    Bregman 3B
    Altuve 2B
    Correa SS
    Valbuena 1B
    Rasmus LF
    Gomez CF
    Gattis DH
    Castro C

That's pure gold

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay. I'd remembered his average being .357 at one point recently... turns out he entered this home stand at that number.