1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 18, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No. ;)

Apparently Gregerson sucks, needs to be traded, demoted, released or something like that.

One simply does not escape the "GARM".

2. Buck Turgidson

Not when the Astros lose, and often not when they win.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They'd be 38-2 if Correa was the opening day SS and 40-0 if they had drafted Bryant.

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Or maybe the fact that it was against his former team. I remember him struggle not too long ago against the A's as well. Trying to do too much

5. newAge_Rockets

Gosh dangit guys! If this was the GARM there'd be an "Official Fire AJ Hinch" started before opening day. Altuve's heart would be questioned daily. And there would be 7 threads telling us Player X sucks. Also we'd be talking about the offseason in the middle of the year.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Gregerson was mowing people down before this personal issue started, since then he's gotten hit in all 4 outings. Fortunately we haven't lost any of the games.

Hopefully he can get back to his earlier form.

7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Bats came alive!

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus an entire country full of Korean posters asking why Conger hasn't gotten more starts, followed by a contingent of posters accusing them of being COF.

9. LondonAstro

LondonAstro Member

I'm so proud of the team so far this season... just think about it, to be sitting here talking about our best ever 40 game start to a year is spectacular!

I've gone from starting the season with optimism about finishing .500+ to now genuine nerves over whether we can do something truly special this year.

Wowser. Credit to everyone involved and long may it continue!!

10. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Frankly, I think we would be off to an even better start if AJ would put in Conger. Everyone knows that he would be better starting than coming off the bench. But who is surprised...

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't know why the Astros keep going to the bad swinging Castro when Congsanity is on the bench. Congsanity is all about pitch framing. That is the only skill that matters for catchers.

12. Buck Turgidson

Oh my, we've got ourselves a Congtroversy brewing.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Congtroversy beer....St Arnold's make it happen!

14. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

Yeah, I'm worried about the guy. I really wonder if he's very focused on baseball right now. We may never know what his personal leave was for, but Gregerson's refusal to talk about it makes it seem pretty rough.

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

And Fields could also close

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This talk of the Garm and the Rockets. The similarties between the 2 teams respective systems is a strange thing to watch.

The Rockets just want layups, FT's, and 3's, and are trying to eliminate the long loved mid range jumper.

The Astros just get walks, HR's and strikeouts, and are trying to win without using...the hit. Seriously we rank 1st in HR, 4th in walks, and 2nd in K's. We have very respectable offensive numbers overall (9th in runs, and 12th in OPS) yet we amazingly rank 29th in hits this year (dead last by a comfortable margin in singles per game). I doubt we stay that low by years end, but still I think there is a very real chance we end the year with a top 10 offense, while ranking near the bottom in hits, which I imagine has to be extremely rare, if not unprecedented.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What was the personal issue? Do we know that?

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And the fact that he had to leave for a 2nd time, if even just for a day. It's something serious and g-d forbid the guy struggles a bit because of it. I think it's worth giving him a few days off just to rest and gather himself.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nothing has been publicly disclosed.

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> lineup vs. A's. <a href="https://twitter.com/kidkeuchy">@kidkeuchy</a> gets the ball at 1:10 pm at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MMP?src=hash">#MMP</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoBeardOrGoHome?src=hash">#GoBeardOrGoHome</a> <a href="http://t.co/Siy9BYtqED">pic.twitter.com/Siy9BYtqED</a></p>&mdash; #VoteAstros (@astros) <a href="https://twitter.com/astros/status/601038142011887616">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>